Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Forester Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Hmm, maybe some end of model year incentives hidden in that deal.

Sounds good to me!
  • p0926p0926 Posts: 4,423
    I agree it sounds too good to be true, especially since that was the dealer's initial offfer. But the finance guy seemed confident that it was the best deal I could get and promised to beat anyone else's price (and in fact it beat Fitzmall's internet price by $450) .
  • popomama1popomama1 Posts: 4
    edited October 2012
    MSRP $23,623 (Alloy Wheel package+Cargo Tray+Auto Dimmer w/ homelink).
    Selling price $19,620
    TTL/DMV: ~$350
    + Tax
    0% financing.
    Purchased at the end of September.
    Under $20k for all that, kudos.
  • rk4750rk4750 Posts: 5
    edited October 2012
    MSRP : 24795
    ALL Weather package: 1000 - 400 discount = $600
    Backup camera $230
    Pop Pkg#2 $606
    (has auto dim mirror/compass/cargo tray/rear bumper cover/splashguard)
    Dest charge: $795

Total suggested retail price is $27,026

I was quoted :$23211 for this.

Tax :1950
    Fees:378 ( DMV + deals doc fees etc)

I am ready to purchase this. This is in San Jose CA. Can I do better than this? He just gave an internet quote and sticking to the price. What will be a best bet for me.
  • rk4750rk4750 Posts: 5
    Where did you buy this? Will pick one today :)
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,269
    Are you kidding me?! You'd better run with it before the dealer realizes his accounting error! :P
  • Hi all. I bought a 2013 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition and traded in my 2002 Forester, so I won't be needing a spare clock.

About 6 years ago the clock stopped working and I finally got mad enough and bought a replacement, I *think* from SubaruParts.com or something like that. Then when it arrived I realized I didn't know how to take off the trim. So I googled it, and instead found out how many people had a similar problem, and, that the source of the problem was a surface mount resistor that the solder broke free. So I took apart the existing clock, resoldered the resistor, and voila it works. So I put it back, and kept this one around.

So ..... I have no use for it now. But it is possible that this clock may have the same resistor problem, as would any other. So ..... I am offering it for just the the price of shipping. And I will go on the honor system, you tell me your address, I mail it to you, you pay me whatever way PayPal, check, at your leisure. If you want, I can take the clock apart and touch up the solder on the resistor, if I can remember which one it is.

Still have a problem though - can't list email addresses. So I am going to check the box below that says "Send me an Email Alert" when new messages are posted", and hopefully that will solve the problem.

LOL act now, I will throw in a Dual BTV30 Bluetooth hands free that sort of stinks, and I couldn't sell for a $1 on craigslist. Works, it just sort of stinks. It uses these powerful magnets and a steel clip that took me quite some time to figure out you are better off if you clip it on the inner edge of the visor instead of the outer edge, and then just pick it up when you need to flip the visor down.

A few things I miss about the Forester -
    - fit in tight parking spaces
    - rubber mat in the back - nobody makes a decent mat for the back of the 4Runner, not even WeatherTech, I emailed them on it.
    - AWD all the time. The TE can be a pain getting it into 4WD, turns out it has to be moving to go from 2H to 4H, then stopped from 4H to 4L. The manual said just less than 50 mph, but neglected to mention >0 mph. What am I supposed to do if we get another snowstorm like 2 years ago and I cant get the thing moving to slip it into 4WD trying to get out of the garage, in the crazy S shape that I have to do to get it out?

What I don't miss -
    - having to pull the seat up when my kids are in the back.
  • Hi,

Have benefitted from reading this forum and woudl like to report my recent purchase of a 2013 Forester 2.5X auto with alloy wheel package.

MRRP:23690
    Paid: 21175 plus tax, doc fees.

Also traded in my 2009 Nissan Versa for 9550.

Not sure if this was the best deal we could get but we are happy about it.
    Sounds fair given you had the trade.
  • New Subaru Forester breaks cover
    DAVE MOORE
    Last updated 11:38 13/11/2012

TALL POPPY: The new Subaru Forester will be in New Zealand in 2013.

The new Forester has grown. At 4595mm, it's 35mm longer than before, while its 1795mm height is 15mm taller, and at 1695mm across the beam it's also 20mm wider.

It also rides on a 25mm longer wheelbase of 2640mm which, says Subaru, means it will offer an exceptionally roomy interior, featuring increased rear seat legroom, and an enlarged cargo area.

Cosmetically, the new model has a distinctive crease running down just under its waistline, while the new grille introduced on the Impreza is also included, and new bumpers and alloy wheels. Overall, it's a much neater, less quirky design. Equipment changes include a new infotainment centre with smartphone integration, along with Sat-Nav with a reversing camera, and in most markets, an upmarket Harmon Kardon sound system.

The 2014 Forester will be available with two petrol engines for New Zealand. The base 2.5-litre boxer four will make 127kW and will drive through a six-speed manual in the entry-point model, with a seven-step Lineartronic CVT also available across the range.

A new 2.0-litre direct-injection turbocharged flat-four producing 206kW will also be available, but with the Lineartronic transmission only.

The fourth generation Forester will also get a modified version of Subaru's popular 2.0-litre turbodiesel, putting out 112kW, and for the first time will be offered with a Lineartronic CVT option.

The Forester went on sale in Japan today, and will make its first public outing outside its native market at the 2012 Los Angeles Auto Show on November 30.
    it's a much neater, less quirky design

No agreement from me on either point. I think this new iteration moved a little bit back toward the "quirky" end of the meter.
    edited November 2012
    Slightly, but still very evolutionary.

It looks like ... well, like a Forester.
  • FINALLY GOT ONE......2013 2.5X Premium w/ All Weather PLUS package (Cargo tray, body side molding, all weather floor mats, rear bumper cover, splash guards, auto dim mirror, luggage compartment cover **threw compartment cover in with deal**) MSRP = $27,096.....Got it for 24,500. Traded in a 2005 forester that needed ALOT of work done too it, prob over $1000, and the total price came to $16,000 with the trade. Tax (8.75%) and title brought it to $17,550. Not sure if I could have done better but it was my first time dealing with a trade-in and was very happy when we agreed upon the $16,000 number. (Upstate NY)
  • You might also tell him if your dad qualifies for the 1.9 you want it or your going to buy else where. That may help. Hopefully it can't hurt.

My experience with dealers is the name I use for them "STEALERS"
    Congrats. :shades:
    Agreed; congrats. Sounds like a good deal for all involved.
  • Has anybody purchased a 2013 Forester Limited in NJ / NY / CT area recently? I know one dealership in cali is discounting $4190 on all trims of 2013 Foresters. I was wondering if similar deals can be had around here. Thanks!
  • I purchased a 2013 2.5X Forester automatic with alloy wheel pkg, auto dim mirror/compass, splash guards, cargo tray and rear bumper cover from Grand Subaru in Bensenville, IL on Sat. The purchase price was $20898 plus TTL, Doc Fee for OTD $22,832. MSRP was $24,202. Worked with Dan in internet sales, who was very responsive and played no pricing games. The e-price sent was the price paid when I arrived at the dealership. He also worked to get the color with the options that we wanted from another dealer. The Forester was completely ready to go when we came in for delivery. The whole process took about 1-1.5 hour including arranging financing.
  • Has anybody purchased a 2013 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited Auto in Southern California area recently? Please let me know what would be the best price to buy. I would like to know the OTD Price, not the just the Car Price. Please share your experiences.Thanks!