Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Forester Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• buyer157buyer157 Posts: 40
    thanks so much for the reply. Really appreciate it. Wish I knew about this option 6 months ago...that would have to count among the best 30$ anyone has ever spent. I'll have to see if any of the dealerships will honor it, but I'm already guessing I know the answer...."gee...we'd like to, but subaru gives us $$$ back to support members of this program. Since you aren't actually a member, we won't get support from Subaru, and so we will actually lose money selling you this car....."

How much truth there is in this statement is unknown, but I'll see what I can do.

Wonder if anyone else had luck with this approach??
    edited May 2013
    I've not seen anything and would not expect to on a new model like the Forester. They are offering more incentives on remaining 2013s and on the sedans. Foresters and outbacks seem to be holding their own.
  • travvellrtravvellr Posts: 1
    I recently got a quote for a 2014 Forester 2.5i Limited using Costco. The car in question also includes (supposedly no charge)
    - Dark Gray Metallic Body Side Molding Kit
    - Rear Bumper Cover
    - Front Side Sill Plate
    - Splash Guard Kit

The price quoted is $27392 OTD price is $28581 ($299 doc fee, $822 taxes, $68 tag fee)
    I have never had to haggle before and want to know if I can push this any further.
  • schewmischewmi Posts: 10
    edited May 2013
    Equipments:

Base Model
    Popular Package #1 includes:
    -Auto Dim Mirror with Compass
    -Exterior Dim Mirrors with Approach Lighting
    -Rear Bumper Cover
    -Cargo Net
    All Weather Package includes:
    -Windshield Wiper De-Icer
    -Heated Front Seats
    -Heated Exterior Mirrors

MSRP: $26,887
    Sale Price:: $23,942.79

OTD: 25,160
    wow. incredible deal. Are you saying you got a premium CVT with the all weather package and the auto dim mirrors for under 24K?

What state are you located in...and did you have any loyalty rebates or anything attached to that or are you just a really fine negotiator?
  • proeproe Posts: 157
    Which dealer did you go to?
    I got $200 below invoice.
    I am going to order my from manufacturer. The wait is 8 to 10 weeks.
    Color: Satin White Pearl
    Accessories: Rear bumper cover, Body side molding, Fog lamp kit, Splash guard, installation fee, Luggage compartment cover, Sunshade, sales tax, all state fee, and other fees

Out of door $30,420 (before any financing charges)

Need to decide if finance or try with cash buy to see if I can get under $30,000

Happy buying.....
  • schewmischewmi Posts: 10
    Guys,

I am working with a small dealer in MD area. The salesperson is very sincere in his job and works with you to get all the necessary documents needed to do your own financing. He sent me the PO via email.
  • houston18houston18 Posts: 2
    Sounds like a great price. Did the sale price include destination?
  • smalbanysmalbany Posts: 13
    edited May 2013
    I live in Montgomery County and would appreciate a referral to your dealer/salesperson. Could you send me a PM with the information or post to board? Thanks.
  • ultratechultratech Posts: 117
    2014 Forester 2.5i Premium CVT
    MSRP: $27,322
    Invoice: $ 25,437

Price paid: $24,928
    Doc Fee: $80
    Tax 9%: $ 2,250
    DMV: $262
    E-title: $15
    Tire Fee: $8.75
    Total OTD : $27,544

Instock vehicle, no need to order or VIP. Email negotiation.
  • oscarg1oscarg1 Posts: 3
    This is my first foray into buying a Subaru. I am trying to figure out a "good" price for a 2014 Forester Touring 2.5. It seems like $500 under invoice is a good price, but I can't seem to find enough data in these boards and on the internet. If you have purchased this car what is a good price?

It seems that asking for $27,300 + TTL is a very good price. Is that correct?

I'm not interested in getting the extra option (although could be convinced if you have advice on that)

Thanks in advance.
    edited May 2013
    From truecar.com, which you should try. $100 below invoice for California is a good deal for 2.5 Touring. Grand total $27,951 + $300 (regional ad fee) + $825 (destination fee) = $29,076. Then you need to add sale tax, doc fee and other state fees.

Though you can get XT Premium for $26,957 in California. Strangely, it does not include regional ad fee for XT Premium.
    hmm.. Thank you for your response. If you look at other buyers (like this one: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef17adb/3516#MSG3516) it looks like getting $500 under invoice is ok and that includes the destination charge. Right?
  • robhangdog823robhangdog823 Posts: 8
    edited May 2013
    The price is based on where you're located. I'm new york city, my neighbor just paid 500 over invoice for a touring.
    As always, it is case by case. You will know if that is reasonable or not by see how dealership would react. So, I would try different dealerships to see which one that I would deal with. Not every dealership is the same as you know it.

What you want is to pay less than others pay at your area. You will never know what is the bottom line price for dealership, so there is no point to work yourself to death for couple hundred dollars. After all, $500 is not that much when you put it next to close to $30,000 out of pocket expanse for you.

$500 is like 2 months of gas money at most, so is it worthy to push that hard? Also, if you push too hard at dealership, you got to wonder if they will take good care of your car before delivery. Trust me, they have ways to abuse your car in ways you cannot imagine.

So, you also want to make dealership happy until you get the car. So, spending $500 more to keep them happy to ensure longevity of your car is nothing.
    Thank you for your responses. I just got an offer for $27,750 + TTL (in Virginia) which I think is awesome. A little haggling worked!
  • jonbee67jonbee67 Posts: 1
    Is this a touring or limited? If touring then amazing price. Where in Virginia? I live in nova and shopping for a limited or touring
  • newbi2newbi2 Posts: 3
    Could you let me know the dealer for your deal? I am living in Ellicott City. I need to get a 2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium in these two days.

Thank you very much!
  • Hi. FYI. We were looking hard at at 2014 Forester. Ended up getting an Outback for my wife but I really liked the 2014 Forester. Just to know, we have 3 Foresters in the family already. Noticed you are nearby. By far the best deal offered came from the Subaru dealer on Rt 40 West, better than any of the nearby dealers. Suggest check them out. I went in with Edmunds invoice numbers and asked them to match, and they did. Best of luck.