Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Forester Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• skisiskisi Posts: 2
    Getting a 2.5X and thinking about replacing the steel wheels with alloy and upgrading the OEM tires. Anyone have an opinion on a market for a set of new OEM steel wheels and tires?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    They can be used to mount snow tires on, but don't expect to get much for them. I think Tire Rack charges $38 for new steelies, so figure you can get maybe $25 a pop, or $100 for the full set.

-juice
  • skisiskisi Posts: 2
    What about the OEM tires? Any value?
    Check with the place you buy the alloys from, maybe they'll agree to give you a partial credit.

I already have 16" alloys, but if I had needed a set you'd have a buyer already.

-juice
  • aedhaedh Posts: 4
    Up here in Northern NJ, I just bought a Woodland Green Forester X, automatic with cargo tray and custom tailpipe cover for $19,517 (after the $1750 off) + tax, title, and their $125 doc fee (bs fee, I know... but whatever). Final OTD price was $21,020.44, financed through a credit union at 5%.

Is that a decent price?

Aedh
    Sounds good for an auto. You folks are lucky, I paid almost as much 8 years ago for a 5 speed!

-juice
  • ezshift5ezshift5 West coastPosts: 854
    ..after mfrs rebate (curr: $1500) plus tax/license/doc this week in NoCal..............

Actually with the dealer indicating that '05 production has ceased and inventory is all downhill from now on.........................................................

Since 02, the highway mpg has improved consistently (currently: 30).....I'm wondering if the '06 will continue the upward trend. Fuel economy really appeals here in Freeport...........................best, ez
    With gas prices they way they are, it might be the Forester's primary strength.

-juice
  • callmehcallmeh Posts: 2
    Bought a LL Bean on Monday with Premium Sound Package 2, Armrest Extension, Hood Protector, Mirror w/ Homelink, and Tint. MSRP was a touch over $28,000. With rebate it was $24,000 (no trade). All three Houston Subaru dealers were looking at the same deal. McRee offers a free loaner and is close to my office. Also, my first tank (during break-in) gave me a surprising 30 MPG.
    ..great start...

30 MPG.

well done ...ez
  • Currently own a 98 Legacy 4 door sedan, in the market for second car and have couple of questions related to Forester. Can the back seat handle two car seats and a adult passenger (5' 6'', 140lb or so). The other questions is what are the current incentives on the 05 Forester? Looked at the Edmunds Incentive page and zip for Subaru? Saw a post earlier that has $1500 in CA? I live in NJ, so any information on the incentive in NJ would be helpfully.

Checked www.kbb.com also and Subaru had $1750 in Penn-Jersey area, but it expired on 5/2/05.

Thanks in Advance
    Would be tight, an Outback is wider so you'd fit better, but to be honest I'd even step up to a Tribeca if you did that regularly.

It will fit, but the seat belts will be hard to reach and the one in the middle won't be happy for long.

-juice
  • maristellamaristella Posts: 23
    I got a price quoted for a XS Auto of $21086 plus tax, tag, title, fees and lemon law(?).
    Has anyone heard of this lemon law charge? Is this a good price? No options included.
    Thanks for any input! :confuse:
  • Thanks for the information. Would love to take a look at tribeca, but might have to look at the minivan's and make the logical selection for the better half.

Thanks again.
    Seems silly, just consider the price that much higher. :lemon:

-juice
  • lawkimlawkim Posts: 2
    I have a quote in So Cal for a forester xt automatic with no options (pretty basic) at $23K with $2K rebate - the guy said he's selling at invoice price. Is this a good deal? Also, do you guys think the rebates will stay in June? I don't need the car until June, but I wasn't sure if I can still get the same discount.
    We hear about this dilemna every time this year.

Prices will only go down. So that would imply you should wait. The last left over will likely be the biggest bargain.

Selection, however, will also become scarce. If you are picky about color and options, do not wait, buy one now. I think they already stopped making the 2005s so the selection has already begun to dwindle.

-juice
    ..last year...juice has it right.

..sure prices go down.

..but ditto selection..

..a 5M/T X in Champagne Gold? No way...ez ">
  • dancer1dancer1 Posts: 1
    We got a price of $24,141 for a 2005 Forester XS with an automatic transmission from the local dealer in FL. Includes the destination charge. The dealer fee is $399, bringing it up to $24,540. Minus the $1,500 rebate it comes to $23,040.

Then taxes, tag transfer, trade in, have to be computed later.

We plan to visit dealer on 05/30/05 and offer to buy it for $20,000 and see what he says. If it does not come down to about $21,000, we will walk away and tell him we will shop around and/or come back at the end of June to dicker again. We will not be choosy about color. We are not in any hurry to buy.

Make sense? Any tips?
  • bug054bug054 Posts: 1
    Just bought a Forester X - manual a few weeks ago when rebates were still $1750. Had a few extras already on it, cargo mat, tweeters, tail pipe cover. We added a few more, rubber floor mats, dimming mirror and rear bumper cover. Paid $19,000 which included the rebate. No tax here in Oregon, so just $168 more to cover the license for 4 years! Hope that's helpful - great fun to drive! Love it!
  • shears4meshears4me Posts: 1
    Can you tell me a little more about that " no tax in Oregon " part ?? Is there a residency requirement to purchase ?? Please, please let me know. I just stumbled upon this " Forum " while researching on Edmunds.com.
    Thank you sooo much !!
  • shears4me, it doesn't matter what state you buy a vehicle in; you pay the taxes from the state you live. So if you currently don't live in Oregon and don't plan on moving there, then, unfortunately, the "no tax in Oregon" isn't applicable to you. Some people are lucky with this; I'm not one of them. :(
  • p0926p0926 Posts: 4,423
    $23k seems a bit high (are there any options installed) but I doubt you're going to find a dealer willing to take that $20k offer. If it was me, I'd be shooting for something around $22k.

-Frank
  • susanw2susanw2 Posts: 2
    FYI -questions about whether Subaru is extending the rebates - looks like a manufacturer -to-customer rebate of $1500 is in effect until June 1 for X and XS, $2000 for XT.
  • gompsgomps Posts: 5
    Did you mean that the $23K included the rebate? If so that sounds good, $417 over invoice right? How did it turn out?
    I am in San Diego and just starting to talk with dealers. So far I got a quote way over MSRP and someone ignoring what I asked for (a quote for the XT man. and XT automatic) and quoting me for a fully loaded XT automatic premium package.
    I'm wondering if the dealers will quote high because thay figure the buyer is in danger of losing the rebate on June 2nd?
    I'll keep you updated...
  • gompsgomps Posts: 5
    I am in San Diego. I am getting quotes like this;

XT man with rear bumper cover, splash guards, cargo tray & auto dimming mirror/ compass with homelink and security system upgrade (I don't know how much these extras would add to it) for $23846 w. rebate.

XT man no extras $23 990 w. rebate.

XT auto PP includes cargo tray, bumper cover, splash
    guards, auto dimming mirror/compass , securtiy system upgrade for $25477 w. rebate.

XT auto PP no extras $25490 w. rebate

All these quotes include the rebate so they all seem a high to me.

Also, does anyone know what a fleet discount (when dealing with the fleet manager through a credit union) would normally be? These quotes have that discount.

I get the feeling that the rebate is meaningless here. The dealer just quotes what they want to get after the rebate.
  • We are buying one tomorrow in Houston. Price agreed: 19620 + TTL.
  • bluewolfbluewolf Posts: 101
    When does the facelifted '06 Forester get here?

Anybody know if rebates got better for June? I'd think with the '06's arriving they'd need to clear out the existing body style Foresters...
    Probably in about a month. I got to drive one and was impressed, NVH control is even better.

05s are already a bargain and I'm cheap so I'd buy now. ;)

-juice
  • fred25fred25 Posts: 81
    From June 1, 2005 to August 31, 2005, the New York State Sales tax rate has decreased by 1/4 %. From 8.625 to 8.375 for Autos. :)

Check it out.

Fred