Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Forester Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• herbv1herbv1 Posts: 8
    Has anyone used the Subaru Partners program to buy a new Subaru at a good factory price. You have to be a member of one of these organizations for a period of time - 6 mos I believe. The partners list is at: http://www.subaru.com/outdoorlife/partners.jsp

The best price I have so far from my local dealer in Eastern NC is $22,500 (before taxes).

Cheers,
    Herb
  • herbv1herbv1 Posts: 8
    That price was for a 2005 Forester XS with 5-speed and a sun roof (all discounts applied). I'm going to an outdoor show in Charleston SC this weekend where Subaru US is having a display. I will be asking them questions about the Partners program and the 2006 Forester
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Yes, we used the VIP program for my wife.

You basically get a car at invoice with no haggling. Plus you keep the rebates or dealer incentives.

BUT - if you look now people are beating those prices without much effort, so I wouldn't bother.

-juice
  • bluewolfbluewolf Posts: 101
    When will the '06 be available at dealers?

I'd bet incentives on '05s will only get better in May now that they have to clear '05's off the lots.

How tight is back seat room? Need more room than my VW Jetta, but specs look like these two cars are about the same as far as roominess.
    Should be about the same, but the Forester has more upright seating with a lot more headroom. So it feels airier.

Weakness: small door opening makes ingress/egress sort of tough.

-juice
  • susanw2susanw2 Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Just bought an automatic 2005 Forester base model from Natick Subaru for $18,778.00 - price included rebate and destination charge (not incl. tax and the usual misc. fees). I was quoted this price with an Internet query, and it was a little less than the price they advertised in the local paper. What I loved was the low pressure sales approach and getting EXACTLY what I asked for - none of those extra silly things like spoilers (on a station wagon? give me a break). I called around and no other dealer could match this price (and they didn't have the champagne color I was partial to), so I jumped.
    Hope this helps anyone in the area shopping around...
    Congrats. I can't believe that today prices are lower than what I paid in 1998.

Lucky ducks.

-juice
  • gringo1gringo1 Posts: 67
    Hi,
    I am looking to buy an XT Forester in the next 30 days and if anyone out there has experience with Colorado Subaru dealers (or New Mex), I would appreciate being steered to a dealer who is discounting.

Thanks,

Gringo1
  • gringo1gringo1 Posts: 67
    Being a lonely guy, I'll reply to myself.

I checked out John Elway and Shortline Subaru and Burt Subaru and they all initially are quoting high 24k for XT Manual PP.

They said the $2k rebate is effective for all of May, but the $500 marketing help from Subaru to the dealer disappeared end of April.

Looks like I'll have to go to Texas or California to match the mid to high $23K prices.

Colorado dealers so far are $1300 higher, which is still $800 more than if the $500 mktg incentive were carried over to May.

Anyone out there?

Gringo1
    We're here, just not near Colorado. :)

-juice
  • skisiskisi Posts: 2
    Getting a 2.5X and thinking about replacing the steel wheels with alloy and upgrading the OEM tires. Anyone have an opinion on a market for a set of new OEM steel wheels and tires?
    They can be used to mount snow tires on, but don't expect to get much for them. I think Tire Rack charges $38 for new steelies, so figure you can get maybe $25 a pop, or $100 for the full set.

-juice
  • skisiskisi Posts: 2
    What about the OEM tires? Any value?
    Check with the place you buy the alloys from, maybe they'll agree to give you a partial credit.

I already have 16" alloys, but if I had needed a set you'd have a buyer already.

-juice
  • aedhaedh Posts: 4
    Up here in Northern NJ, I just bought a Woodland Green Forester X, automatic with cargo tray and custom tailpipe cover for $19,517 (after the $1750 off) + tax, title, and their $125 doc fee (bs fee, I know... but whatever). Final OTD price was $21,020.44, financed through a credit union at 5%.

Is that a decent price?

Aedh
    Sounds good for an auto. You folks are lucky, I paid almost as much 8 years ago for a 5 speed!

-juice
  • ezshift5ezshift5 Posts: 852
    ..after mfrs rebate (curr: $1500) plus tax/license/doc this week in NoCal..............

Actually with the dealer indicating that '05 production has ceased and inventory is all downhill from now on.........................................................

Since 02, the highway mpg has improved consistently (currently: 30).....I'm wondering if the '06 will continue the upward trend. Fuel economy really appeals here in Freeport...........................best, ez
    With gas prices they way they are, it might be the Forester's primary strength.

-juice
  • callmehcallmeh Posts: 2
    Bought a LL Bean on Monday with Premium Sound Package 2, Armrest Extension, Hood Protector, Mirror w/ Homelink, and Tint. MSRP was a touch over $28,000. With rebate it was $24,000 (no trade). All three Houston Subaru dealers were looking at the same deal. McRee offers a free loaner and is close to my office. Also, my first tank (during break-in) gave me a surprising 30 MPG.
  • ezshift5ezshift5 Posts: 852
    ..great start...

30 MPG.

well done ...ez