Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Forester Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Gotcha. Ask them to appraise it, and if it's lower, ask them to match the Ford dealer's offer (at least).
  • dsjdsj Posts: 3
    It is done. I now have a Forester Sport XT.
    Here are the numbers.

MSRP $27950
    Trade In $4500
    Final Vehicle Price $20625
    and I get the cross bars at cost.
    I think it is a fair deal. :shades:
    NICE! They gave you even more for the trade.

Congrats! :shades:
  • ukyo2ukyo2 Posts: 2
    07 forester 2.5 X, auto, with some opitions
    MSRP $23275

got it $18500 + doc fees

I'm in oregon. So no tax.
    Great deal for an auto, yes. Congrats.
  • jeffmcjeffmc Posts: 1,742
    Wow, nice deal, ukyo2! Forester X has become an incredible value with the current prices available. $18,500 for an AWD vehicle with good utility, class-leading safety, excellent reliability and resale, lots of standard equipment and good power and handling... pretty amazing... what else even comes close at that price?

Did you pick that up at Carr in Beaverton?
  • ukyo2ukyo2 Posts: 2
    Thanks jeffmc!
    I got it at Kendall in Eugene. I also quoted at Carr in Beaverton, but they can't beat this price. ;)
    Kendall, eh? I'll have to remember that dealership. Carr's prices are usually unbeatable, from what I've read & heard.
  • pbaipbai Posts: 7
    07 Forester, base X, automatic
    with some options ((rear bumper cover,cargo tray,
    splash guards,tailpipe cover)
    MSRP: $23,164
    Invoice: ~$21980
    rebate: $2000

paid: $18376 + tax/fee (rebates goes to dealer)
    OTD: $20350

Dealer offered me $1500 service contract and $1000 extended warranty, I rejected both. He thought I am an Idiot.

I am in Santa Clara, CA

thanks
    $1600 below invoice before rebates are applied. Impressive. With that high of a factory-to-dealer incentive, Subaru must really want to move some units and make room for the '08s.
  • kate5000kate5000 Posts: 1,264
    was it stevens creek dealer?
  • erics6erics6 Posts: 684
    Surprised Carr couldn't beat Kendall. Carr and Hannah Subaru both advertise great weekend prices, often below $18k. Last weekends ad @ Carr was for two 5 speed X's MSRP $22,122 for $16,895.

http://adserver1.harvestadsdepot.com/portorgonian/ss/carrsubaru/
  • pbaipbai Posts: 7
    It was Stevens' Creek.
    They didn't give me good price until I showed them that Albany was willing to sell it for cheaper.
    so they give $20350 (to beat Albany's $20450).

Albany was unhappy since I used their bid to lower Steven's. So the owner of Albany said he felt he was taken advanaged of and he don't want to give me lower price. So I cut the deal with Steven's at 3pm May 30.

At 7:30pm, May 31, Albany contacted me again and offer me $20000 OTD price ($1950 below invoice!). I told him it is too late :shades: This guy must be one car short from the big check for meeting monthly target.
    Some of these prices are unreal. In 1998 mine cost $19.2k before taxes, and it was a base model MT5.
  • I never mentioned price because I was shocked how I was initially presented the price. The salesperson brought the invoice to me and said 500 below this and I can have it for that. You buy the car where you feel comfortable i felt comfortable there they really took care of me and i wanted to tell people that. Sorry for those that i have offended with my initial caps lock on. Have a great day!
    My apologies to you, sir. :blush: Sometimes it's hard to tell real experience from propaganda. Seems I was mistaken. Glad your Subaru-buying experience was so positive and hope you're enjoying your XT... it's a great vehicle.
  • maria14maria14 Posts: 2
    Just wanted to let everyone know what I paid for a basic Forester XT, June 2007, at Carlsen in Redwood City, CA:

What I bought:
    Forester XT, chamapagne color
    Automatic transmission
    Mud flaps
    All-weather rubber mats
    Rear rubber bumper guard
    Rear plastic cargo tray
    Cost: $19,000 (which included the $625 destination charge and a $2K rebate that went to the dealer).

I then added on leather seats (front and back) for $1,200. I think the leather is nicer than what comes standard with the LL Bean model. Before I bought seats thru the dealer, I called a car upholstery shop for pricing and they said to get it thru the dealer - cheaper and it would keep the warranty intact.

I also did all my shopping on the internet. I e-mailed various dealers and played them off against each other 'can you beat this price?'. Not sure that I got the best price, but at least it was below dealer invoice.
  • Is it X or XT? Can you get 2k rebate on XT?
  • tifightertifighter WAPosts: 1,376
    Must be the X; leather is standard on the XT, unless it is a Sports.
    Congrats, Maria.
  • feliciatwofeliciatwo Posts: 68
    I have a 2004 subaru Outback limited with under 8,000 mi which I'm going to sell (plan to buy hybrd/diesal genre).Would like others opinion on where you think the best market for it is. I live in Florida however I drive up to "middle America" twice a year around Indiana/KY area. Don't you think Subaru is better appreciated there than here?
    appreciate any suggestions
  • p0926p0926 Posts: 4,423
    $19k for a new XT would be highway robbery!!! :surprise:
    There would be more demand, but also more supply, i.e. competing used vehicles.

Go ahead and list it now and see if anyone bites. If not then take it up with you and try again over there.

Lots of demand here in the Mid Atlantic and especially in New England, too.
  • maria14maria14 Posts: 2
    It was the X, but with one of the packages included (rubber floor mats, cargo area mat and mud flaps).
  • llaugustllaugust Posts: 1
    My recent experience purchasing a Forester 2.5x was the best ever, thanks to the information provided by this forum. To return the favor, here are the particulars of my deal. I purchased a new 2007 end of year model (108 miles on the OD) from Stohlman in Tysons Corner Virginia. My salesperson was the most laid back fellow I've ever encountered in a dealership. I won't violate the forum rules by posting names, but his initials are CP and I highly recommend his service. MRSP was $21,195. Invoice was $19945 and the internet price was $17,945. I got the internet price (no fuss, no muss) minus $1500 for my 1999 Ford Explorer, about $40 less than the Kelley trade-in value (I knew my Ford's transmission and engine were about to fall apart, so I was happy with the trade). Taxes were $605 (3% on the sum of the invoice price and $225 processing fee that was noted on their website (tax rates can be verified on state DMV websites). Tags, registration and a 0.17% dealer's business license tax came to $55. So the bottom line for me was $17,331. Using the warranty pricing at stevemoyersubaru.com and the discount advice on this forum (ask for 50% discount, settle for 40%), I got a Gold Plus 7/70 plan for $738. But I have since returned it (Subaru gives you 90 days to return it with full refund). I decided the 5/50 on the powertrain was good enough. I love my Forester and can't imagine that a 2008 would have been worth another $3300. Thanks to all for the excellent advice.
    5/60 you mean. I'm sure that was just a typo.

Congrats! :shades:
    Congratulations! Glad your purchase experience was so positive (great deal, by the way!). I wish more dealerships would realize an easy, no-hassle experience like this makes people actually enjoy buying cars and brings in repeat business and new business through positive word-of-mouth.

Doesn't it feel great to come out of a dealership feeling happy & like you got a great deal? :D :shades:
  • Hello,

Just wanted to add my experience.

Forester 2.5x, 5spd, basic package.

Sticker was $21,946. I took in an ad from a competing dealer that said $4500 off sticker on ALL '07s in stock. They matched it without a mountain of fuss. I actually bought a $549 oil change card (dealer), to throw them a bone, and because we tend to keep our cars until hell freezes. In fact, I bought the Forester to replace a '91 Loyale wagon with 225k on the clock, and a blown head gasket (I decided not to fix it).

It was a smooth deal, though I don't think that I "stole" it. They (of course) tried to get me to buy all sorts of nonsense, including extended service packages and paint sealant, all of which would have added a bunch. I think that the service package to 72k miles was $2200!

Best of luck to you all. Here in Portland, the '07 inventory seems to be winding down, and in fact, I saw another car sale closing as we were picking up ours.
    Under $17.5k for your 5-spd 2.5X... very nice. :shades:
  • erics6erics6 Posts: 684
    Now it's $4500 off MSRP for all Foresters and $10,000 off MSRP for remaining 06 & 07 Tribecas.

http://adserver1.harvestadsdepot.com/portorgonian/ss/carrsubaru/001/001_001AD/001_001AD.shtml