Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Forester Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mfletou1mfletou1 Posts: 508
    They're making you PAY for full tank of gas?

$59????? My Odyssey costs less than that to full up!
  • akdl07akdl07 Posts: 4
    yes, $59 for gas...I dont mind. it comes out to $3.49 a gallon...at current prices it is OK.
  • I heard there will be no more LL Beans, that Subaru has cut the deal and the Forester will only be available with a limited package instead. I hope the same features will be included as well as options and colors.
  • skeletonskeleton Posts: 37
    Just placed an order for a 2009 Forester Premium. Saved about $4000 off the Canadian list price all tolled. Also have a PZEV model - can leave the car idling to help clean the air Toronto.

Very easy. Just called the dealer and they do all the work. Takes 72 hours. Will pick it up early next week.

If this ends up being as easy as it is so far, Subaru Canada needs to make some big changes as there really isn't a reason to spend the extra $4K, even with the warranty re-imbursement issue. I don't know the figure but I would guess that 80% of the Canadian population live within a few of hours of a US Subaru dealer.

I had called Subaru Canada today and told them that I was planning on buying in the US and that they should let me know now if they plan on offering any rebates or low financing rates as I would prefer to keep my business in Canada. However, given that I'm buying a PZEV car, I'm actually feeling better (guilt is reversed) about buying the US model at this point.
  • jeffmcjeffmc Posts: 1,742
    Only thing missing from the Limiteds will be the LL Bean logos on the seats, floor mats & rear hatch. Same content. :)
    Congrats on your purchase, skeleton. That's a substantial savings. And Canadians who purchase US-built Legacy, Outback or Tribeca would save at an even greater rate due to NAFTA (no duties). If the tables were turned, I'd drive a couple hours north from my home to Vancouver for a $4k savings. Keep us posted on the process.
  • Congratulation. Would you mind sharing the price you paid?

By the way, you should feel no guilt at all about not buying in Canada from gouging manufacturers! You can spend the saved 4000 at canadian companies that do respect you as a customer. I know I will...And yes, PZEV sure make you feel better about buying SUV.
  • skeletonskeleton Posts: 37
    I'm paying around $400 over invoice. They had the colour and addons I wanted already installed.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I think all you Canucks are buying up the LL Beans from America!

My dealer still didn't get one! :(
  • lmn908lmn908 Posts: 34
    Hi Juice:

Heritage Subaru has a silver LL Bean w/o Nav, if you're up to a drive to Balawmer (Owings Mill actually). Saw it this morning when I was having my outback serviced - looks pretty nice.

Larry
  • mfletou1mfletou1 Posts: 508
    The day I pay for a tank of gas in a new car is the day I don't buy a new car. Hell, my Ody was 3/4 and I made them go fill it up.

Cheap b***tards. (Dealers).
    I think those have black interiors. She wants platinum leather.

I think she's going with blue. The dealer is looking for one and will do a dealer trade.

Bob called me with a similar tip.

Thanks for keepin' an eye out.
  • lmn908lmn908 Posts: 34
    Good luck. I know from following these boards how patiently you've been waiting.

Annapolis Subaru is showing a blue LL Bean with gray (not dark gray) interior in their inventory.

Larry
  • sladeboysladeboy Posts: 4
    Where did you get it from?
    Fitz will find it and do a dealer trade.

I'm not in a hurry because I want to wait until May 1 just in case any incentives appear. I doubt it, but I'd hate to miss them by a day.
  • I found Carter Subaru the most arrogant and least helpful of all the dealers I talked with. They also would not quote me a price but merely kept insisting I "come in". They finally said to go somewhere else where someone would have more time to help me-so I did.

Here is my deal from a dealer in Portland Oregon
    Total Vehicle Price: $ 27,446.00

Factory Order Option:

2009 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited (AT) PZEV in Sage Green with Platinum leather interior
    MSRP Invoice
    2009 Forester 2.5X Limited (incl. Destination) $ 26,195.00
    - All weather floor mats
    - Auto-dimming mirror/compass with Home Link
    - Aero cross bars
    - i-pod/phone console tray
    - XM Satellite radio kit
    - Rear bumper cover
    - Puddle light kit
    - Hood protector kit
    - Wheel arch molding kit
    - Security system upgrade (shock sensor)
    - Body side molding kit
    - Rear spoiler
    -PZEV
    Total Vehicle Price $ 28,748.00
    Invoice $ 26,963.00

MY On-Line Price: $ 26,663.00

$300 under invoice with no fluff charges of any type, just tax and license. Of course it must be ordered and will be a limited not an LL Bean.

PS My deal has now been matched by a dealer in Marysville WA.
    Is that through the internet sales at Carter? If so, I'm very surprised. I always get low quotes upfront from them. Sorry your experience was otherwise. They've been very hands-off w/me, maybe that came across as arrogant? :confuse:

Though it's the closest one to my home, I've never been a fan of the Marysville dealer (Roy Robinson)... Subaru is relegated to a small portion of their showroom and the folks I've talked too there haven't seemed to be Subaru "experts". Always felt like they'd much rather sell me a Chevy. If they'll match the price and are more convenient for you, might not be bad. And maybe they've improved since I was last there a couple years ago.

Who's the Portland dealer, Carr? Ask kurtamaxxguy (2009 Forester thread) where he bought... think it was Salem, OR. He preferred them to Carr and got a good deal.
  • Yes, the Internet at Carter. I have friends who bought there and got good deals and I told him that as well but maybe they have more business than they can handle. I was shocked by the attitude and E-mails I received.
    I use to live close by and my gal was ignored when she went in to look for a car.

Your guess is correct for Portland and I have saved the local chevy/subaru dealer for last as they will probably be my service dept. Another friend has had continued good service on his Forester there.

So, do you think $300 under invoice is not good enough on a new model?
    I haven't seen anyone come close yet. Had a friend buy one through the Costco program last week for $300 over invoice.
  • p0926p0926 Posts: 4,423
    Sounds like a great deal to me! Plus... no sales tax in Oregon. I hate you :P
    Yeah, I've wandered the lot at Carter as well, and even the showroom, and sometimes had no one approach me. Compared to some places where they stalk your car as you pull onto the lot, that can be a good thing. ;) Customers should be at least greeted, however.

I guess I never said it in my reply, but I think $300 under invoice is great for a new model w/no rebates! :shades: