Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza and Impreza WRX STI Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Nice write up,though I'm not sure which trim EVO GSR refers to (IX?). Prices have changed a little, with the MR now being a little more expensive, and that before the mark-ups. Road and Track has a nice comparison of the EVO MR and STI, both 06 in a Sports Car/GT edition.
    I'm going to try to pick up an STI in the next week or so. I've got an offer for 31,999, with two years maint, and they have decent financing offers right now.

thanks for the input
  • I just signed a buyer's agreement for my 2006 STI. I couldn't be happier, it's on it's way from Japan in a major shipment. It's expected to arrive in about 6 weeks. My final cost is $33,638 (including tax, title, and license).

Price is figured as listed:
    $30,766.12 - car w/ delivery
    $ 2,692.03 - 8.75% sales tax on $30,766.12
    $ 180.00 - License and Title.

I conversed with about 8 dealers total before going with this guy, he was able to dip below invoice on a brand new car, ordered for me to meet all of my specs. I'll probably be adding a short throw shifter and wheel locks to this beast when it arrives. Based on complaints (in the NASIOC.com forums) I've heard about the stock shifter, I think it's worth it to upgrade to the short throw.

Either way, I'm friggin' psyched and counting down the days to the car's arrival.
  • locke2clocke2c Posts: 5,038
    the un-named Evo trim here in the US and Canada is effectively the GSR trim level everywhere else. Sorry for the confusion!

~Colin
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Congrats, let us know when you get it...

-juice
  • Is $22,000 out the door(taxes included)a good price for this car? Minus the taxes and other stuff the base cost would be around $20,500. This car is brand spankin new with only 50 miles on it. For some reason it was sitting at the distributors warehouse. They have two left a rally blue and a black. If i do decide to get the car, which color should i get?
  • raybearraybear Posts: 1,776
    That's a nutzoid good deal, I don't understand why they are selling it for that.
    well let's see...

1) it's a model-year old
    2) the current model has cosmetic changes. (I'm not sure if they are improvements, hehe.)
    3) the current model has a much nicer 2.5L turbocharged engine

I'd say #3 is the biggest reason.

~Colin
    Sounds good to me.

I prefer the 2.5T engine as well, but you can't get it for that kind of price, and the 2.0T is probably a lot more fuel efficient.

-juice
    No, it's actually not.. unless you never use more than 1/3 of the gas pedal and thereby avoid ever making positive boost.

~Colin
    Really?

In the XT, fuel efficiency has been a common complaint, but to be fair that is a Forester, which is heavier and less aerodynamic.

-juice
    The Forester XT 5 speed manual also has much more aggressive gearing than the WRX 5 speed manual. Drive them back to back; the WRX's 3rd gear is a ton "taller". It's geared like a Civic for an attempt at gas economy... which largely was unsuccesful in my opinion.

~Colin
  • Thanks guys for the advice. Looks like I might get the car if no one bought it, which i doubt. One more question. Which color rally blue or black? Im not really sure which one i should get. The blue is easier to take care of, but the black looks hella sick. This is the hardest decision I've ever made. Help me out guys.
    Be honest, now, how often do you wash your car? Black requires a lot of care, so go Blue if the answer is "once a year, when it rains." ;)

-juice
  • Good news guys i got the car. My first car ever. It's the rally blue by the way. Actually got them down to 21500 out the door. Pretty stoked right now. Gonna go drive it. Peace and thanks for the help. :shades:
    Very cool, congrats.

Now he'll disappear for about a month, keep driving it, watch. ;)

-juice
  • Got it today,
    06 pearl blue STI, 16 miles on the odo when I left with it.

THis break in period is going to be tough. BIG change from the Acura I was driving, but I love the change.
  • Congrats also on the new car. i never knew i could be so caring toward my car. i think my girlfriends gettin a little "J" so to speak. LOL. God i love this car. woooo freakin hoooooo. :shades:
    Sweet, congrats. Speaking of the J word, I'm the one who is jealous!

-juice
  • How much should I pay for one guys - trying to make a deal tomorrow. (FRIDAY)

what should I do about trading this truck in?? I've been offered $6300 which here in Tennessee means the same as if I sold it for $7000.

It has 120k miles with a v8 and 5 speed manual. VERY STRONG, eaton Positraction rear end, very clean.

Help me make a good deal guys!
  • km24km24 Posts: 36
    Hi
    What was the MSRP on your 2005 WRX? Could you please give me the the break down as to what the car cost, the tax, and any other fees which led to an out the door price of $21,500? Did you buy the car from a dealer, if so where or from Subaru directly?

Thank You
    Khyle
  • I just went in for my first test drive in a Blue STI with Gold wheels. The only options fitted were the short throw shifter and auto dimming rear view mirror. I am in love with the car though i have also read that the EVO 9 has been made more everyday user friendly than the 8. Can someone from the DFW area let me know what they have paid for the STI recently? The asking price without any negotiation thus far was MSRP though i am not sure how low i can get him to sell. thanks.
  • raybearraybear Posts: 1,776
    Offer your dealer invoice, even a little bit less and see what they come back with. You can always shop it on Edmunds.
    I would suggest driving an Evo before you make a $30,000 decision.. The MIVEC system is new on the Evo for 2006, but I haven't driven one. I don't have any daily driveability concerns about my 2003 Evo but I wouldn't mind having variable valve timing. :)

~Colin
  • I'm just curious if I am the only STi owner who has problems with knocking the beast out of alignment just driving at normal speeds on the "WONDERFUL" HIGHWAYS AND BYWAYS OF CENTRAL CALIFORNIA.....
    I'm sure tired of it, as then it wants to "nibble", wander about following the uneven road surfaces...
    Aside for that, it is a wonderful piece of machinery..
    For what it is I consider my 25 mpg at 80-85 and 19-20 around town, short shifting a lot to be quite good...
    It certainly makes this old man feel much younger...Quite a fountain of youth...
    I'm about to get really upset with Subaru if I'm the only one who has this happen...If it is happening to others, then there will be many more STi'owners who are complaining..
    Please respond
  • I've had a similar experience with the wheels wanting to follow ridges in the roads etc. Some of the highways around Sactown are brutal.
    I only have a little over 1K miles on it (break in OVER!!), so I haven't been in to check the alignment, but haven't felt anything on smooth roads to make me worry.
    I remember that my Acura would need adjusting once in awhile during a service, and that was for all 4 wheels, so I don't know if its an issue with more complicated alignment set-ups.
    Great car though. Still working on shifting smoother.
  • You sure that it's an alignment issue? Sometimes it's just the tires. My first Audi had similar symptoms until I put some new rubber on it.

Byron
  • I will be in the market for a 2.5i. What should I expect from dealers in discussing price of 2.5i? I have checked our local dealer (Austin and Houston as well) and they have few 2.5i's with some 2.5rs's left over from last year. It doesn't seem like they sell well here compared to up north. Should I expect a great deal or paying MSRP?

Thanks!
  • I did some comparatives on pricing, and either the US is getting great deals on most models or Canadians are taking it up the ... ever since the dollar has climbed.

Subaru is the worse with 20% premium on the WRX and Honda has a 13% additional markup on an SI with Aero and 18" wheels.

At Audi Canadians pay a 14% premium for 4WD compared to an 8% premium for 2WD

Generally speaking across the Toyota lineup we're paying between 10% and 20% more than the US after factoring in the current exchange rate.

The new VW GTI gap starts at 14% for the base but when you add some extras it drops to 7%

Given the free trade laws I think it's at the point where it might cost less to import the car from the US rather than buying at a Canadian dealership.

PS - don't give me the line about supply and demand. This is the corporate machine exploiting the under informed consumer.
  • twrx808twrx808 Posts: 1
    Just bought my STI here in Hawaii for $500 below MSRP! Pfluger Subaru in Waipahu had put on an $5000 markup on the thing, Geez!

What an awesome car! Just came from a WRX too. What a huge difference. I'm glad I bought one!
  • fisherboyfisherboy Posts: 16
    You must be pumped. I am starting to get dealer quotes for an 06 sti (going high maintenance black) Ideally with fog lamp, short throw, autodimming/compass, boost guage, security shock sensor and destination MSRP is $35,082. Invoice is $32,665. What is resonable? My primary dealer I have been going to is of course telling me they don't get allot of the STI's and they move fast (I would expect him to tell me that).

What are they really getting? How did you do?