Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza and Impreza WRX STI Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• km24km24 Posts: 36
    Hi
    Thanks for responding. It is a 2005 wrx wagon automatic trans with 100 mile on the clock it located in south jersey. Also the car only has four options which are floor mats, cargo tray, cargo net and wheel locks. Msrp is $26,433.

Khyle
  • slazengerslazenger Posts: 99
    Are you dealing with Fitzmall? They have a similar car listed for $21,807 (MSRP: $26,333). Usually they have the best deal. If you are not dealing with fitzmall, ask your dealer to beat/match this price.

Good luck!
    Hi

I am looking at another car with a quote of $21,300 . But i am trying to get the price down to $21,000. For two reason one person on edmunds was lucky enough to get a car for $20,000 and others for 20,500 to 21,000 otherwise a similar discount can be had on a newer 2006 with upgrades totaling about $4500 in value (ie 17 inch rims, brakes, bigger 2.5 engine, leather and sunroof) So I am still on the fence and will make a decision before the end of the month $5k discount on old or $4.6k discount on new just have to wait for the rebate to increase.

Thank You
    Khyle
    Are you sure that you can get a good discount on 2006 WRX Limited? For some reason WRX and WRX-limited supplies are extremely low. May be they are selling well. Most dealers have plenty of WRX-TR and WRX-STIs on the lot. Typically SOA offers good rebates only on base trims and not performance trims.
    Hi
    So far I received a price quote on a 2006 limited autofor $3650 off MSRP with the $500 rebate included. Also in the past they had a $2000 rebate on 2004 WRX and a $1500 rebate on 2005 WRX so I hope that they will offer $1500 again with the 2007 model year coming out.

Khyle
  • bigpapidobigpapido Posts: 18
    Anyone do better than $750 below invoice in SoCal for an STI?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    That sounds pretty great to me, are you sure the price is legit?

-juice
  • bigpapidobigpapido Posts: 18
    As far as I know. It was just an internet quote. I've also been quoted about $400 below invoice from another dealer. The price may also increase if I choose to do the special financing...I don't know yet.
  • raybearraybear Posts: 1,776
    There's no loss of rebate if you take the financing and the dealer will get a finder's fee just for doing the paperwork so you both benefit. I think they're nuts myself, spring is here and there will be more buyers than cars in the coming weeks.
  • drbzdrbz Posts: 4
    Hi, shopping around for a new 06 STI. So far got 1 quote of $200 over invoice here in Seattle, WA. Is this fair this late into the season? I read the other posts and saw 1 guy ~2 mos ago getting quotes of $400 to $700 below invoice in Cali! Anyone have any experiences/thoughts? Many thanks.
    Prices tend to drift higher as the weather warms.
  • ronsteveronsteve Posts: 435
    How has anyone done recently with a WRX Limited wagon? I've actually found a dealer that has one here in NC, might try to work some numbers on it.

Edmunds TMV is about $200 over invoice... but CarsDirect shows a target price $300 under, and does list "Special Pricing" which usually smacks of a factory to dealer incentive... are there incentives that we otherwise don't know about?

Where do you think I should hit him?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Compare to a no-haggle dealer, like fitzmall.com or Van Bortel in NY. That should give you a target price to match (or beat).

-juice
    CarsDirect is including the rebate in their price.
    Ummm... what rebate? IIRC, there were no rebates on the WRX in May. I think the lower-line Imprezas had $500, but I don't recall any customer cash on the WRX.

There are no rebates per se on Imprezas in June, according to subaru.com... however CarsDirect is still $300 back of invoice. Edmunds TMV is a bit more than $200 over invoice.

Alas, the Subie dealer in FayetteNam that actually has a WRX Limited wagon says the sticker is "pretty much in stone." Not a good way to get me up there.
    $500 on all Imprezas except the STi.
    Not in NC. Maybe the money is there anyway, for the dealer.

If it was local I'd go and see if I could get it off the lot anywhere near the TMV. But 90 miles away when the guy won't talk anything but sticker. Not so good.
    Go to Subaru's site and see what the incentives are. Then get ready to hit the road...I've had customers come to CT from as far away as Wisconsin for a deal, and you aren't too far from Fitzmall in Maryland to make a trip worthwhile.
    If you are used Mercedes comfort, you might want to consider 2007 STI-limited. Only 800 (400 white + 400 silver) of them will be sold here in the US. It has all the goodies of regular STI + leather + sunroof + sound insulation + lip spoiler - wing spoiler - roof wing. Driving regular STI 50K miles/year may make you go deaf in a year or two :P.
  • deeaccddeeaccd Posts: 4
    Any experiences with going the CPO route for Subarus? In the market (kinda) for a new car, and would love to take advantage of a WRX coming in off a lease if I could find one. According to the Subaru site, Timmons Subaru is a CPO dealer, but they only had Forester's on their site. Any advice for someone trying to find a used 03, or 04 WRX wagon?