Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza and Impreza WRX STI Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• According to Kelly Blue Book, the MSRP is $19,640.00. When I build it on Subaru.com, the price is $20,820.

With our rebate, we're at about $1920 under MSRP.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,473
    Kelly Blue Book??!! Never heard of it!! Must be some fly-by-night organization.. :)

The $19,640 is for the manual transmission model...

The $20,820 seems right... I'd shoot for $19,000 even, with another $500 off for the rebate... $18,500 plus TTL..

I didn't have too much trouble getting that....

Good luck!
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Ha! You're right, it was for manual. Da! :blush: Sorry 'bout that. I just tried to configure with auto and it's not a choice for some reason. That's what I get for trusting shady sites nobody has ever heard of before. :shades:

Thanks! I'm going to email your post to DH. He's doing the negotiating. Might as well shoot for saving another $400.
  • Here's what I got e-mail from dealer

Aj,

Our cost on that car is $17,715. I would need to make something on it, keeping that in mind at what price would I need to sell you this car in order to make a deal?

Regards,

Rob Edwards

1 New
    2 5door base model
    3 auto
    4 Prm PKG

THanks

They were askin me 1,2,3,4 questions like those
    1. new or used
    2. 4door 5 door
    3. auto manual
    4. option and I just answered like that

and I reply if u can make that as an OTD price (17715) then we will make a deal
    and then he never answer my reply

I live in cleveland Im sick of a lot of snowing I ve been here for 3years Im lookin for resernable AWD car like impreza

My question is im wondering if subaru gonna make huge rebate for impreza..
    if no then I will pull the trigger bcoz I dont wanna miss the 0% financial deal..
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,769
    ...and then he never answer my reply

In fact, he did give you an answer. The answer was "no" (or probably something more like "ROFL"). ;)

The sales rep was clear that he needs to make something above $17,715 to make a deal with you. Your response told him that you totally ignored what he said.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Cool, and yes I remember.

We just sold that Legacy, which the hub caps came from, and replaced it with a new 2009 Forester Limited. :shades:

Glad to see her spirit lives on, LOL.

You're beating Edmunds' TMV so I think you're doing well. Compare those prices with fitzmall.com, since they publish no-haggle prices up-front, and have 2 dealers in the MD/DC area.
    Sorry to stray a little off topic, just thought I'd share this pic on my dad's actual Dune Buggy, which we drove around in while in Brazil recently. :shades:

PS E-mail me if you want the name of my salesman at Fitzgerald, he's really cool.
  • cyshescyshes Posts: 7
    I noticed a few people quoting a $500 rebate, but I didn't see any of the dealers around here mention it. Is it publicized, or is it the dealer rebate and more local. If I can get it would help tremendously. Thanks
  • jeffmcjeffmc Posts: 1,742
    I wouldn't expect a big Impreza rebate anytime soon, for two reasons. First, Subaru is making a big effort to keep the invoice and MSRP low rather than overpricing vehicles and having to offer big incentives. Second, Impreza is selling well enough to not need a big rebate.
  • We're picking up our "Nubaru" Impreza (we have a 12 year old one as well) tonight. We got it for about $2k under MSRP with a $500 rebate and 3.9% financing for 63 months. One dealer who was in the running backed out of the contest because he said he couldn't sell the car for as low as the competition's offer. Not really sure if that's legit, but it made us feel good.

I think our final price was $18,999 with 5 door, auto, premium pkg, homelink mirror/compass, fancy floor mats.
    Congrats. What color? Trans?
  • We were quoted a price of $19700 +$500 dealer fee for a 2008 automatic impreza ouback sport. The msrp is $22,281. It has a few extras, like the auto dimming mirror with compass and homelink.
    Is this a good price? Should I keep working it or just take it? We are in Denver, CO.

Thanks so much.
  • sbcookesbcooke Posts: 2,297
    I think invoice or below is what you should be shooting for. It looks like that is right around there. Perhaps you can negotiate a better rate to bring in more savings if you feel the price is right.
  • Thanks! I saw on the fitzmall.com website that a comparable OBS had a final price of $19700 and I assume that means everything. I keep wondering if I should try to get out of paying that $500 dealer fee. I am tired of shopping and all the negotiating. This salesman was not pushy and I really liked his approach, but I know that shouldn't make me pay more for a car if I don't have to. We're supposed to pick it up this afternoon, so I will sit and stew about it all morning I guess!
    Yeah, the Fitz pricing is for real and includes freight. I think they add a $99 processing fee, but that's it.

I believe that in MD such fees are limited to $100, so that's pretty standard. In other states fees can be much higher.

Just include the fee in the price, and shop that final price.
  • I have been offered this car for 18,500.00 plus TT&L. Note this is the hatchback style with manual transmission but with the premium package. I'd appreciate feedback from people on this price. Thank you!
    First thing I would do is compare to fitzmall.com's price for a similar model.
  • Fitz has a Impreza outback sport 5m at that price, you need to get 1000 more off for a 5d premium..... The outback sport has heated seats and a couple more nice things.
  • That helps, thank you both!
  • I can attest to the wonderful buying expereince at Fitzmall. Having moved across to NJ from CA, and from the suggestions here, decided to get Auto Outback Sport. Contacted a whole bunch of dealers, in person as well as on telephone, here in NJ, and no on was willing to even consider going below 20,500 +TTL. Some even tried to bait & switch, but that's a different storey altogether.

Saw Fitzmall had an Auto Steel Silver OBS with Alloy wheel locks, Bumper Cover and Cargo Tray for 19,180 + TTL. Contacted dealership over phone on Monday, and scheduled to head over there on the Saturday and reserved the car with refundable deposit of $500.

We decided to go by Greyhound to Fitzmall---& the Sales Person whom we negotiated with, ensured that there was someone from the dealership to pick us up from the bus terminal. Not only that, he called a couple of timed during ou jourrney to make sure that everything was ok.

Anyways, reached the dealership at around 3-30PM in the afternoon. The car was washed, [non-permissible content removed] & span & ready with only 7miles on the ODO, as we were told on the telephone when we reserved the car. Since we had to drive back to NJ & it was a 5-hour drive, got all the formalities done within 1 hour and set out with the car.

Now, the Good part----

1) Fitzmall adjusts the prices of the cars depending on demand & market conditions. The car we had booked on Monday for 19,180 now was bumped upto 19,700--as confirmed by the VIN number. When we brought this to the attention of the Sales Person, he immediately went & talked with his manager who honored the 19,180 price!!

2) Besides the $500 deposit, we paid $1500 on top of that by credit card--->> more miles or cashback as the case maybe, which was awesome!!

3) Because we were from NJ and the car would be registered in NJ, Fitzmall did not even charge us the $99 Documentation Fee!! They mailed the paperwork within a couple of weeks by DHL--took those paperwork & other documents to the NJ DMV, and got the Registration doen in 45 minutes time----aid the entire $16xx by credit card-->> more miles or cashback as the case may be.

Best Part---
    For all the troubles of arranging transport to pick us up from the Bus Terminus, getting all the paper work done at the dealership in 1 hour---- there was absolutely, reapeat absolutely, NO pressure to buy any extended warranty or service plan or anything extra. The sales person as well as the other people at the dealership were a delight and a pleasure to do business with. (Having purchased 2 cars in Cali earlier in the past 3 years, it is the constant effort to upsell which is annoying and downright ridiculous.)

Sorry for the rambling post. Signed up & posting for the first time today---I thought I'd share my experience regarding Fitzmall, as I have benefitted innumerable times over the years from the suggestions & insights from the members here.

I'm not sure if it is aginst forum posting rules----in case so, moderators, please edit--dealership is the Kensington,MD Fitzmall.

Disclaimer---- I do not have any business relationship with Fitzmall or any of their employees in any shape or form. I'm just a very satisfied customer posting my own personal experience.
  • tmagtmag Posts: 1
    Hi all,
    Newbie here and to subaru, coming form a toyota family. Looking to replace my 4-runner, been offered 18400 for a 5-door auto w/premium pack. By the way Northern CA. Was really trying to close me tonight but I was just not ready was that a good deal or should I try for better deal? Thanks all for any advice.
    Glad to hear that, but I can't say I'm surprised. My family has purchased 5 Subarus from Fitzmall. :shades:
    $18.4K is a good price. You might ask them to throw something small into the deal, (all weather mats, or rear bumper cover - a must have! - etc.) but I think that's about as good of a deal as you'll find. Total invoice (incl. destination charge) is $19,660, minus $500 rebate is $19,160. So they're offering $760 below invoice before the rebate is applied.

One other thing to consider... the 2009 Impreza models will be arriving sometime in September, and for '09 the Premium package will include a power moonroof, but will be more expensive. So, if a moonroof happens to be an important feature for you, it'll be available next month on the '09s.
  • Anyone have news as to when the 2009 Impreza Sport is going to be released?? Thanks
    Looks like at least one small shipment came and went already, but everywhere I look online there are only 08s... I'd guess Subaru is waiting to clear inventory. There are pics of '09s at a Seattle dealership here:
    http://www.cars101.com/subaru/impreza/impreza2009photos2.html
    Besides being labeled as an '09 webpage, you can also tell these are 09s because one of the models is the new Sage Green/Silver combo. But the dealership doesn't have any OB Sports in their inventory so they must already be gone. :confuse:
  • I just bought an 08 STI from Chino Valley Subaru, they were awesome. I would recommend them to anyone. There was no pressure and they were very patient. I got the base model STi for $31500 before tax and Lic. I got the warranty for 7years/100,000 miles for $1650. I love the car. The only thing I noticed is the HID head lights come low, so I will have to position them higher.
    Sweeet. Congrats. What color?
  • sbcookesbcooke Posts: 2,297
    Yeah...see my posts followed by "learn how to use the high beams" replies.

They are really low. I looked, it doesn't look like there is a way to adjust them any higher than just the auto control on the dash.

I don't do a lot of night driving...however just last night...I couldn't see coming up an onramp and had to hit high beams...much to the delight of the people the low aiming is supposed to help.

I was going to ask at my 3750 mile checkup.
  • Thanks, Dark Grey Metallic. They only had 6 left as of Saturday, no 5 in So Cal. So I pulled the trigger.
  • I found some post on how to adjust the headlights, it seems pretty straight forward. I am going to try it tonight if I have some time. The only suggestion is to use a ratchet and not a screw driver, since you might damage the adjusters for the lights. Here are the links:

link How to Adjust Your Headlights

link IWSTI