Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza and Impreza WRX STI Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• fourfourtwofourfourtwo Posts: 11
    I am looking at this car and would appreciate anyone who has recently bought one and what the base price they paid was? I've done some research but would really like to hear some feedback.
    Thanks.
  • fourfourtwofourfourtwo Posts: 11
    Was this an automatic or manual model?
  • I think MT = Manual, but not 100% sure.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,644
    That is probably $1500-$2000 less than you would have paid last summer for the '08s...

Not a bad deal, if you are happy with the base model... Hard to find that much car for $15K..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,691
    OTOH it should be fairly easy to get a brand new '09 for only $1000 more, which will not have the automatic "instant depreciation" of being one model year old when you buy it, and will not have the 400-600 miles on the clock already.

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• wblchwblch Posts: 3
    I am shopping around for the Impreza Outback Sport AT recently, and the best offer I got is around $18900 + tax + ttl. Is it a good deal?
  • jethrotljethrotl Posts: 3
    That's a pretty good price. I recently purchased the manual transmission Impreza Outback Sport in New England (MSRP 20,690). Since my deal included a trade, it's harder to make a direct comparison but here are my numbers:

Paid $14,050 + tax/ttl = $14,800 OTD (including trade)
    Traded a 1999 4Dr MT VW Golf (only 61K miles on it) with a Kelly BB value of $3000-3500.

I worked very hard for that deal, but it was worth it.
    WOW, you got a really good price since the auto transmission is about $1000 more than the manual ,and it looks like you are paying little on the documentation fee and title etc. Could you please tell me the dealer information? Thanks.
  • I too would be interested in finding out where you got that deal. Was it the 08 Sport from Ocean Subaru? It was sold when I called. If I could find a 2.5i auto wagon for under 17,000 or a Auto Sport for under 17,600 I would buy it today.

The dealers around me are still holding firm at $17,500 for the auto wagon.

Will next month bring better incentives to match some of the other current markets?
    I just paid $18,300 for a manual with $263 worth of options on top of the base price. If you have any options on yours, then your deal is $400 better than mine, and I thought mine was pretty decent.

• jethrotljethrotl Posts: 3
    I bought at Quirk Subaru in Bangor, ME. All other dealers in the area wanted about $1000 more. Whether I did better than your deal depends on how you value my trade. Quirk had several buyers interested in my car because of the low milage, and will probably be able to turn it over rather quickly in the $5000 range. Your price of $18,300 w/ options is very good.
    $18,300 OTD? That sounds good. Mine is $18,900 before 5% tax and ttl, AT, no options added. So far this seems the best I can get, and the dealer is so firm at that price. I wonder how to get it down couple hundred $.
  • newmaniumnewmanium Posts: 2
    Just picked up a 2009 Impreza Outback Sport automatic w/iPod connector for $19.1k before TTL. 0% financing for 60 months. In the Northwest.

Other local dealer was having a "sale" on exact same model for $19.7k. Invoice looks to be about 19.9k, and there's a $500 rebate from Subaru... no clue how they're getting the price below that - either hidden trunk money, or just taking a loss to move metal. Woohoo!!
  • I just got the same deal in the Northeast. 19.1k for a 2009 impreza sport with arm rest and ipod connector. 2.9% for 36 months. Picking it up today.

Don't worry they are still making money off you. They get paid $84 or something from Subaru for selling the car, $400 if you finance, Whatever the volume bonus for the month is, a $500 rebate, and whatever markup they can squeeze out of the ipod.

I feel is is a fair deal all around.
  • newmaniumnewmanium Posts: 2
    I'm guessing they don't get $400 for financing on a 0% APR deal - bank isn't making any money on the deal, doubt they'd give money to the dealership for nothing.

Is the 0% thing regional? I notice you're paying 2.9%.
  • r2m45r2m45 Posts: 10
    Folks I'm contemplating buying the STI in base form. MSRP of $36,000.00. What Should I expect to pay this late in the 09 model year. I live in PA. Thanks
  • dpashkindpashkin Posts: 4
    Looking to buy a 2009 Impreza Outback Sport in Chicagoland. So far the best price I've got - $19,423 was from Evanston Subaru. It looks like it is possible to find it even cheaper, but what about the dealership experience? Is there anyone here from Chicago, who has dealt with Evanston Subaru? How are they?
  • abchin486abchin486 Posts: 78
    no, they still get the $400.

The financing is through the automaker, not a bank (although some get money through a bank, they just buy down the rate). If you finance through the automaker, they will get the commision. Through the auto makers eyes, you either get the financing or the rebate. If they give you both, the automaker will lose both the commision price and the cash back rebate, which is why combining both offers is only reserved for cars that are not selling at all (ie outback). So, what is worse, giving your customer $2000 to use towards a car, or giving the dealer $400 to let the customer get a really good financing rate?

If they finance through a bank. they may not get a commision, but they will add 1 or 2% to the rate and keep that added precentage as their profit.

The reality is, lots of automakers realized they could also make money by becoming their own banks. This is why they offer college grads those special rebates (and you cannot combine it with special financing and they encourage no money down). It forces them to finance through the automaker to get the rebate. With a rate of around 5% over 5 years (this is what toyota gives their top tier student rates now) they will easily recoup that $400 they gave to the dealer as commsion and that rebate they gave to the buyer. If they buyer just does minimum payments each month and he/she put not money down, that is easily $3000 for the auto maker over the life of the loan.
  • sbcookesbcooke Posts: 2,297
    I got my '08 Base STI July 2008 for about $32K ++ with the subaru vip program. I forget the exact discount, but it was below invoice. I would suggest with the given economy you should try to set the price. I would go in and offer $29.5K for an out the door price, give the sales guy your number and leave. You can always go back.

I doubt you will get that price, but unless you start below where they are comfortable you are working down rather than up. Perhaps they will come back with $29.5 but they cannot include tax/title and destination in the price and you will be around $31 walking away.
  • ponderpointponderpoint Posts: 277
    Cumberland Valley Subaru is willing to deal, I don't know if you're in the Harrisburg/Carlisle area.

For the first time ever we didn't have to go across the state line to buy a new car (Maryland) and picked up an Impreza Outback Sport for 18.3k - first time ever a PA dealership just gave a quote over the phone......
  • jinglecarjinglecar Posts: 4
    Just went to the dealer today, and got the following number:

Retail Value: $21,964
    Discount: $625
    Conveyance Fee: $329
    Tag Fee: $178
    Total (tax's not included): $21,846
    APR: 2.9%

According to some previous posts, some people even get around $16500(Tax not included) for a base model 09 Impreza 5 DR.

Do you guys think getting the total price down to $19,800 is a good deal? If any of you know a dealer is selling the 09 Impreza 5DR prem. pkge for around $19,800, please let me know.

Thank you.
  • tinycadontinycadon Posts: 287
    You're getting ripped off!!! Go to Fitzmall.com and look at what they're selling their 09 5-door Premiums for. They have 8 in stock that range anywhere from 18,200 to 19,750. Good Luck!
  • jinglecarjinglecar Posts: 4
    Thank you for your information. I will give them a call tomorrow.
    Besides that, have any of you done business with Fitzmall.com? If yes, do you know what are their procedures of out of state purchase? (I am from CT).

Thank you.
    You don't have to deal with fitzmall if you aren't near them, but it gives you some idea of what the "bottom line" price for such a car is. I assume you want an automatic? It should be relatively easy to get it for $19,000 plus taxes and fees. If you are looking for a manual shift, $18K should be very doable.

Go to the websites for a couple of dealers near you, maybe three, and submit a request for a quote through the internet. You should get close on the very first round of responses, as tough as car sales are right now.

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    We bought a 2002 Legacy and then a 2009 Forester from them. Prices are the real deal, just add $99 processing and that's it. Even better, VA dealers have fees around $3-400 so even that fee was the lowest I came across.

Strongly recommend them for purchasing. For service, not so much - IMHO they are overpriced.
  • bluewolfbluewolf Posts: 101
    Can somebody recommend a dealer (and maybe e-mail me offline with a specific salesperson) in AZ? Dealers nearest me are Power Subaru and Camelback Subaru.

Looking for an Impreza Wagon with AT & probably Premium Pkg in the next month.

Lastly - Are the AT's in the base Imprezas pretty bad? Wondering if I should look elsewhere for a fun to drive reliable car...
  • I paid $19,500 with 0% financing (for 63 months) three weeks ago at Shingle Springs (California) Nissan/Subaru. Got the color, options and accessories I wanted at the price I wanted. The 0% was just the icing on the cake.
    Took the car on a 1200 mile roadie and pulled about 30 mpg the whole way.

The dealership experience was a positive one. Low pressure and knowledgeable. The car I bought was the forth one I had test driven that day.

I thought about a matrix, but by the time a got the same options, the price went way up. I like Toyota cars, but hate the way they nickel and dime you out the door.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Actually the automatics are fairly robust.
  • Hi all, I thought I'd already posted this question elsewhere but can't find it again.
    Could someone point me in the direction of a good website for WRX aftermarket parts or even parts I can get during the deal? The subaru website isn't great at showing what's available.
    Also, I have two toddlers & want to get most bang for buck. What is the best for actually having a life besides "racing": sedan, hb, or wagon? I thought the sedan would be the best, but now not so sure. The wagon seems pretty big for trunk space too. I have a fantastic Acura RSX Type S and I love it, but it's not kid-friendly. At least the WRX has the -go- and it has 4/5 doors.
    Any recommendations on SoCal Dealerships who play fair & work well with others?
    Many thanks gurus!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,644
    Hi holisticnurse

Welcome to CarSpace!

We have a lot of discussions related to the WRX. This is one is geared towards pricing of new cars, but you can see the other ones here: Subaru Impreza

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs