Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza and Impreza WRX STI Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• scott6113scott6113 Posts: 18
    Sounds about right. If it is an automatic. I assume sedan since the spoiler is added on. We purchased one outright for $19600 and your sale price plus acquisition is right there. I don't care how they slice it, money's money.

Ours is a sedan, premium, power moonroof value package (which includes heated seats, heated wipers, heated mirrors and fog lights, a deal at $500), automatic with arm rest extension, side moldings, splash guards and spoiler.

I'm an MBA and have crunched the numbers on leases. They practically never are good deals for consumers. FWIW, Suzie Orman agrees:

http://biz.yahoo.com/pfg/e16buylease/

:blush:

Scott
  • sm5199sm5199 Posts: 4
    Thanks, Scott.

Yes, it is an automatic. Same extras as yours except for the arm rest extension.

The Suze Orman article on Yahoo Finance was interesting.

Take care,

Susan
  • needgneedg Posts: 13
    I was in the process of purchasing a WRX limited in northern California and received offers from two dealerships for a WRX limited with the following options:

WRX Hatchback Limited $28,037
    S/T Shifter $231
    Autodimming Mirror/Homelink $182
    Rear Cupholder $57
    Armrest Extension $100
    All Weather Mats $39

Total invoice price is (according to dealer) $28,646, which is within $3 of Edmunds.com invoice pricing. Dealer selling price of $27,046, while Edmunds.com has a TMV of $28,951. Added fees of $8.75 tire fee, $55 doc fee, $401 license, and $2,506 San Jose sales tax. Out the door is $30,017.

Edmunds.com has a TMV $1,905 higher than what the dealers are willing to sell at, at least through the internet department. The price is also lower than what Truecar and CarsDirect are offering as the selling price. This is for a car being ordered from the factory (6-8 weeks lead time) and no trade-in considered. Subaru dealerships will apparently give lower prices on cars ordered from the factory versus purchased on their lots, as the lowest price that I could get for a car in stock was at least $800 higher than this price, and it is from the same dealer and salesman that is offering the $30,017 OTD price.

I placed the order for the WRX, but became impatient waiting for it and ended up purchasing an STI instead. I purchased a 2011 Plasma Blue Pearl STI with short throw shifter, roof carrier, all weather mats, homelink, rear cupholders for 38,616.70 OTD (9.25% sales tax, $495 DMV, $55 doc fee). Invoice was $35,576 and my price before taxes and fees was $34,839.

The STI is awesome. The deal I got on the WRX could not be beat, and a few dealers told me that they could not compete. The STI probably had some more room to negotiate, but I wanted it the next day and the dealer was going to have to trade.
  • junjjunj Posts: 3
    Scott,

What is the sell price?
    Thanks,

Jun
    $19600 out the door.
  • galevergalever Posts: 7
    edited April 2011
    Dealer in PA quoted me the following:

2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium
    Options Pkg 11 - Power Moonroof, Fog Lamp, All Weather Package
    MSRP: $21,704
    Discounted Price: $20,734 +Tax&Tags
    Center Armrest, Splash Guards & AutoDim Mirror w/ Compass

Is this a good price? I think it's good, but not great.
    The only thing the one you're describing has that mine hasn't is the autodim mirror. Doesn't seem to be worth the extra thousand. Mine has the center armrest, spoiler and side moldings. Mine has the premium package, the power moonroof value package also. Mine is the sedan. If you're talking the hatch that's five hundred more, so that could be a part of it.
  • galevergalever Posts: 7
    Sorry I should have specified that this is the hatch and automatic.
  • I am looking into buying a used Subaru Impreza WRX. I am going in tomorrow to check out a 2005 WRX manual going for $17,300 w/ 61,000 mileage at a dealership.

What is a reasonable price and a good price? KBB says 16k and Edmunds says 13k.

I am comfortable spending 15k, is this too low?

Any advice would be great. Thank you!
  • bunballbunball Posts: 2
    Hi,

I went to a dealer recently. Tested drive a 2010 WRX Limited with only 3200 miles on it. The dealer offer $27,800 and I thought the deal was alright, but than I saw the new 2011 WRX (not limited) started at $25,495 (in Subaru official site). Am I being rip off?

Though, when I checked the edmunds, the TMV for 2010 WRX limited is still ~$28,000. I'm confused. Aren't there suppose to be some depreciation on a one year old car?
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,674
    It's a supply-demand issue. The Japanese quake has made many new models scarce, thus forcing up the price of used models. Once new car inventories get back to normal (perhaps in 6 months or so), the price of used cars will drop a bit.

Bob
  • bunballbunball Posts: 2
    Thanks! That makes some sense.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Even before the quake, residuals on recent Subarus are so strong, you may as well buy new. Interest rates on loans are also lower.
  • Anybody negotiate a price on a 2012 WRX yet?

Saw the following on another forum:
    2012 Impreza WRX STi 4-door base model
    MSRP $34,845
    Invoice $33,013
    Your Sale Price with us $31,949

I'm looking for a Limited WRX (non STI) with just a few basic options:
    Dimming rear view mirror w/ homelink
    Armrest
    Rear bumper cover
    Bodyside moulding
    Wheel locks

JP
  • Anyone has done a pre-order.

What is the cost that is been quoted for you ? please share your price.
    Looking for
    2012 Impreza Premium 5-Door with CVT auto transmission
    I guess in CA, PZE is automatic...

There are still a few 2011 Nissan Juke AWD in my area. I am confused to go with cheaper 2011 Nissan Juke or wait and give a deposit for Impreza.
    2012 Juke AWD cost same as Impreza so have a limited amount of time to decide.

Please share your experience and thoughts
  • Test drove a 2012 Impreza Premium Hatch and was given a price of 21,240 with the all weather package (excludes tax, dmv, etc). What do you guys think? I'd probably add a few finishing touches as far as accessories goes. I drive close to 600 miles a week so fuel economy is very important and the the AWD is a major plus. I've narrowed it down to this and the 2012 Focus and trying to figure which vehicle will give the most bang for the buck without breaking the bank.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,728
    Is it CVT or stick? If it's a CVT, that's only $305 under MSRP. If it's a stick... it's OVER MSRP. You should be able to do better than that.

The Impreza Premium hatch with 5MT is in my top tier of choices for my next car, and I'm looking at the Focus also. Which Focus are you looking at? My favorite is the SE hatch with the stick and the lowest-priced package with cruise. On the X-Plan plus current incentives ($1500 in my area now) I could get that car for about $17,300. Adding sport package (if you need alloys) would be another $500 or so. If you let the Subaru dealer know you are considering the Focus SE hatch and give them a ballpark price (after doing some shopping), maybe they'll change their tune on their near-list offer.

Another hatch to check out is the Mazda3i Touring with Skyactiv. Great fuel economy, a blast to drive (especially with the 6MT), and list is only around $19.7k (MT), and incentives are available.

Of course neither the Focus nor Mazda3 have AWD.
  • It was a CVT and i got another quote from a dealer a little further away for 20,099, but the accessories i wanted were priced slightly higher as well. I was going to throw out a number to them early this week and see if they are in the Christmas spirit. I'm following TMV pricing so hopefully i can land the Premium with all weather pkg for closer to 20k.

I also check out the Focus SE package with the 203A package and got xplan pricing as well for 21452. I like the Focus driving feel a little better, but think the Impreza is more refined. The AWD is also a good to have. I thought about the Mazda as well, but i'm always suspicious of first gen tech such as SkyActiv. Anyway, good luck with your search!
  • I got two quotes for the same vehicle with all weather package for 21240 and another for 21099. Everyone i've spoken to who owns a Subaru swears by them and every other house where i live has a Subaru in the driveway. For the most part, they're not eye candy, but they get the job done. Good luck!
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,508
    If you're seriously considering the Focus, definitely compare it to the Mazda3. Considering the engine and transmission of the Impreza are both first-year offerings as well, you might as well not let that trip up your research too much.
  • kanjiikanjii Posts: 99
    I'm here in CA and received a call from my dealer that my order is in. 2012 5dr hatchback, 5 speed manual Sport Premium in black/grey. At first, from one dealer I got $21575 out the door. Took that quote to another, this dealer will go $100 less, plus if I go to the car show at Moscone Center in San Francisco and register at the Subaru area, I can get $250 rebate. I did that too during Thanksgiving weekend. So, overall, if everything goes at plan...I am looking at $21225 otd.
  • Just got my new Impreza with the automatic transmission and weather package. I had been emailing my Saint Louis dealer for a couple months about them as I waited for them to come in. He originally offered a good deal for the pre-order, but I wanted to wait and see it in person first. When they came in last week, I worked with them and got it for $20,400 plus a $100 dealership fee. I think the invoice is right at like $20,000 for this car with the weather package. I drove it a few hours for Christmas and have been driving it around the city since. Love it so much. All of the reviews are backed up. It's a great car.
  • techdudetechdude Posts: 87
    edited December 2011
    Received a quote for 2012 Impreza Premium 5-Door with CVT auto transmission with following options:

all weather pkg
    spoiler
    side moldings
    fog lights
    splash guards
    hood protector
    tailpipe cover

for $21000 before tax and registration fees

I've been going back and forth with the Ford Focus, which is offering me xplan pricing and 1500 cash back.
  • I've been quoted $20,945 for a Sport Premium with CVT. So far, that's the lowest price I can find in my State.
  • Lowest price I've been quoted in my town on a Sport Premium with CVT is $20,945. I can't seem to find anyone who will beat that price. May purchase tomorrow.
  • Just priced a sports premium auto $23000 OTD. He went down $250 under invoice,but I think this was also included destination charge. I live in NOVA, is there anyone out there got better pricing?
    Thanks!
  • Fred,where did you get this quote?
  • A dealer in MN.
  • Just put a deposit down on a Sport Premium CVT. Price was $20500 which includes destination. Which dealer did you buy from if I may ask?
  • hatchbacklovehatchbacklove Posts: 4
    edited January 2012
    Hi, just got the quote for 2012 Impreza Sports Limited Hatch for $22,177, but the dealer want 299 doc fee and non negotiable. Other dealer I got $22,677, only $75 for doc fee. both are include destination and before tax, reg etc... which one should I keep negotiating? What is a good deal on Sports Limited now? it's New York area, no option or packages. Thanks for any opinion and info ;)