Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza and Impreza WRX STI Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• We got a 2009 Impreza 2.5 Premium yesturday (8/29) from Subaru Santa Monica.
    19629 plus fee and tax, 48 months 0% apr. You might get it cheaper if you ask around, but we were tired. I like the guy Billy Lourie who sold us the car. He was candid and upfront to us (didn't mention any of the usual dealer crap like 0% is free money, so we want to sell you more).
    The car runs good, we like it!
  • We went to Bob Baker (8-26) in Carlsbad for a base WRX sedan, and after shopping around & talking to 6 dealerships seriously, the best deal I could get was 22618 (with iPod/cargo tray/auto dimming mirror w/compass) before TT&L. We also did the 0% and no trade. Wasn't that excited about our salesman-the fellow I dealt with 99% of the time left just after we arrived to test drive & the co-salesman was kind of shifty. When it came time to do the deal, #2 tried to weasel out of what I had already negotiated with salesman #1. Although I did absolutely insist on a specific color (blue) and I'm sure if I would've been more flexible on the color I would've gotten a better deal. We also got a bunch of aftermarket parts (ie: exhaust, fog light package, grille/body side molding, amp/sub, etc) and the prices they charged were significantly different than those listed on Edmunds & CarsDirect. The salesman showed me their price list so I know I wasn't getting hosed. That might be more helpful to have a more accurate price list available.
    We love the car & are very happy with our decision. We're still awaiting our complete install of aftermarket parts which should take another 1-2 weeks.
    Cheers~
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Maybe this will make you feel better - I was reading a review of the Audi Q5 and the sticker was over $49 grand.

Yikes.

And it didn't even have every option. You could easily break $50k!
  • NADA says the invoice on a base STI is just over 33k. So yeah, no way would I pay more than that. Not in this market. Any dealer that has the misfortune of having to sell an STI should be happy to get invoice.

I'd offer 10 percent under invoice just to see what they say.

http://www.nadaguides.com/subaru/impreza-wagon-wrx/2009/05308204.html
  • I received a price 8/31 ('only good for today") of $17,995 from a dealer in NJ for an Impreza Outback Sport M/T. This is one of the few '09's M/T left in the NY area, so there isn't much of a choice as far as color. I thought it was a great price until they added $299 admin fee and another $356 for NJ plates which we had to pay even though we are in NY (??). They said we would get back the difference once the registration went through. I didn't pursue it b/c we are not in any hurry. I figure now is not the time to buy because of limited inventory due to the clunkers rebates; in a month or so when the car dealers are sitting around with 2010 inventory on their hands we'll have more of a choice and probably more negotiating power. Plus what I really want is a base 5 dr M/T. FYI.
    I'd wait, for sure. More selection, it's not the model you want, prices will drop. You have no real reason to rush the purchase.
  • Admin fee? NJ plate fee?
    What nonsense! Don't pay it!
  • $18,225 + tax, license
    $20,100 OTD
    Negotiated free floor mats, cargo mat
    Barber Subaru in Ventura, California
  • I just got my IMPREZA 2.5i premium auto 5 door in Reno NV.
    20500 OTD w/ lifetime oil change and floor mats. I hope this is a good deal. :shades:

Lithia Subaru, Mr. Bob
  • Bought a 2009 Premium hatchback early in Oct 09 at Puente Hils Subaru.
    Car had 18" rims and STI lip spoiler with some SPT add ons that made the car sticker for over $30K.

I negotiated based on the $28K sticker before the add-ons.
    got the car for $25 +TTL.

Its not bad car and now that I have over 1K miles can get into the powerband.
    The car has power but leans heavily..this is a 2009 so the 2008 must lean more in turns.
    Its a nice looking car but Im over 35 and many ask me about my boy racer car.

Complaints are small but in order of significance:
    Lots of road noise, but it may be the 18" wheel/tire combo.

Cheap plastics used for door skins and dash parts.
    I could have had a GTI for less and the interior is so much classier and upscale.

A bit vague shifter.

MPG of 20 is not great but it does have high horsepower & you dont buy this car for MPG.

It is economy car body with high output engine so its deceiving.

Good things:
    Smooth ride
    Roomy
    Hatch design with 4 doors is all the utility I need. Why buy a SUV?
    Reliability...?hoping.
  • Subaru sells an STi short-shift kit that will tighten up your shifter... My base Impreza came with it (port-installed).. It's one of the best features of my car.. :)

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

But the GTI is slower and wrong wheel drive...

Congrats on the WRX. :shades:
  • 09 WRX Premium Sedan
    Satin White Pearl, Homelink, Armrest Extension, etc.

MSRP $28,705 - $4,750 discount = $23,955+TTL
    Also offered 0%-48 or 2.9%-72

Could I go lower? I know someone got a non-premium 09 WRX for $23,800 OTD back in Sept.
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,669
    That seems like a great price! How much of that discount is manufacturer cash?

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• I know the GTI FWD aspect takes away from the car performing at its peak.
    But the high grade interior is nice to have on a daily basis.

On the dry streets of Los Angeles it may rain a 2-3 months out of the year and not very much.

For the few track events it will be benefit though, and too late to whine about it.
    Thanks!!!
  • I got to $25K +TTL so your deal is real good.
    I got offered 0% for up to 4 years and 2.9% for 60 or 72 months.
    Im on the 4 year plan.

Do it if thats the car you want.
    Seems like 5 door is more difficult to find.
  • Has anyone else had this experience, and found a solution to the problem? I am quite confused: the invoices as found on TrueCar, Edmunds, and KBB do not match, and by quite a bit. To make sure I was making the right comparison, I prized the 2010 Subaru Impreza, manual, 5 door (Hatchback), PREMIUM, with NO additional packages or options: the invoices still do not match: 19,040 (TrueCar); $18,354 (Edmunds); 18,818 (KBB) (these are all invoice prices that include the $695 delivery charge). Everywhere on the internet you find articles on how important (and possible) is to find the dealer's invoice, as a base for negotiation. You also read that the dealer's and your invoice must match exactly. Yet, the discrepancies between these three website - which are the three main ones - are so glaring to make these tools, at least for this car, useless. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  • Anyone had any experience at Mid City Subaru of Chicago (Irving Park Road)?
    I am also interested to know what experiences people have had with having after-market stuff installed there?

I appreciate any input, thank you.
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    The experience I've had with Mid City was awful. Nearly every car dealer stereotype was played out.
    If the dealership is convenient to you, and you know exactly what you are willing to pay before you go there, take a calculator to double check the figures, and let us know your evaluation of Mid City.

Their Better Business Bureau rating is A+ for what it's worth.
  • rumc3rumc3 Posts: 31
    You probably already have your car, since I'm just reading your post on 3/4/10.
    Consumer Reports says the "invoice price" today is more of a marketing tool than anything.
    CR says the most important factor is DEALER COST, and the INVOICE is NOT it!
    I'm not sure what the percentage of MSRP represents actual dealer cost, but I'd be surprised if it were much more than 82-83%.