Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza and Impreza WRX STI Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    They were #2 last year behind Toyota (grouped with Lexus), I think they fell to #3 or 4 this year. Still very near the top.

-juice
  • raybearraybear Posts: 1,776
    My understanding is long-term reliability on Subarus is unsurpassed.
  • kevin111kevin111 Posts: 991
    " He said that when it rains, the car idles really low and jumps up back to about 1700rpm in start up. This process of up and down repeats over and over for several minutes. "

- This sounds like a symptom of the early chips and reprograming for ECUs for the WRX. This was an issue on the early chip releases for the WRX (early '03 and before). There were some issues with the Turbo air that the chips did not initially take into account. This is no longer the case since most of the chip manufacturers have accomodated for this.

- In terms of reliability, as is Subaru's reputuation, had early nits and other things, but have since had not problems to speak of. 40K miles so far on a WRX.
  • buddhabmanbuddhabman Posts: 252
    "IMPREZA WRX STi" Hope you got a chance to watch the show on Speed TV. Pretty impresive on the back roads, on the track and of course the only one that could do it on the dirt.

1st - Subaru WRX STi
    2nd - Mazda RX-8
    3rd - Porsche GT2
    4th - Nissan 350Z Roadster
    5th - BMW 530 Sedan
  • I just bought a WRX sedan at invoice price & 1.9%, 63 months terms (base price is less than Edmunds' invoice price),it come w/ Armrest, Security upgrade & Short throw shifter (paid invoice prices too). I added Turbo Boost Gauge & Spoiler about $150 higher than invoice coz dealer said they need to cover cost (I guess it's OK since it's not factory installed). This month they get another $500 incentive so someone may get a even better deal. Want to share the info & get some feedback to see the deal is ok or not for preparing next car purchase.
    The dealer's gotta eat! :o)

Their margins are tiny (what, 2% maybe?), I'm sure less than the cost of doing business in that case. They make up the loss on service, which is far more profitable.

-juice
  • I saw some websites offer $1,400 below invoice price, not sure it's gimmick or what,,, and I agree the cost doing business in CA is just too high.
    I start looking for accessories like air filtration system, it cost only $31.96 at AllSubaru.com vs dealer $46 (invoice price). Upgrades add up so every penny count,,,
  • dsattlerdsattler Posts: 135
    Includes the $750 rebate and $500 marketing support to dealer.
  • I guess most people will take advantage of 1.9% - 63 months term instead of $750. Even you grab the $750 and get 3.65% outside you still end up paying more.
    I may get $500 off if I buy this month,,, I'm not great in bargain anyway.
    Ok, thanks for everyone's responses!
  • shoppershopper Posts: 1
    I am thinking of getting the wrx sti, but I really think the large spoiler is ugly. Can one have it removed and/or replaced with the regular wrx sedan spoiler? If so, and ideas to the cost?? Would the dealer do it?
    I do think the other spoiler uses the same holes. Your best bet might be finding someone willing to switch. Heck, you may even be able to sell yours. Before the STi came out people were paying $500 or more for an aftermarket painted one.

-juice
  • 95gt95gt Posts: 69
    Actually the STI spoiler has a lot more holes so if you do switch just the spoiler the trunk will still have other holes that need to be filled.
    What most seem to do is swap the entire trunk out with other people. i wish the spoiler was an option and not mandatory. A little too large for my taste.
    I stand corrected, sorry 'bout that.

Go to the Nabisco classifieds and check for "WTB", i.e. Want to buy.

-juice
  • kevin111kevin111 Posts: 991
    Saw an STi with the regular WRX spoiler recently.
  • 95gt95gt Posts: 69
    Of course these are still rumors, hence the title, but have been hearing rumors on other boards about some small changes. New color (gunmetal gray) yummy, and a spoiler delete option (thank god) plus making the radio standard.

I will say those were some of the biggest concerns i have about the sti (spoiler and radio). Of course radio is easy to fix but i am lazy and dont really want to have to go out and get an aftermarket. Plus i love dark gray colors.
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    is that it will get VVTi on the exhaust side of the valves pushing it to 330hp.

-mike
  • phkckphkck Posts: 185
    I was very interested in the STi but bought a different car. The spoiler was too much. I have been keeping up on inventory and 1 local dealer with 2 locations has 14 Sti's sitting on the lot.
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Glad you didn't buy the STi due to the spoiler. Us die-hard subie fans don't like when folks come out and buy subies as "me-too" cars, sounds like if you declined to buy the car due to the spoiler that you didn't know the full depth and range of the vehicle. :) I'm actually quite happy to see a ton of WRX owners selling their cars and jumping ship to the next "me too" car the Evo. Wonder what the next trendy car will be.

-mike
    Radio is an easy install even for a lazy person. I've done a couple, one on my Forester (3/10 stars for difficulty) and another on our Legacy (5/10 stars for difficulty).

A trained monkey could install a stereo in the Impreza/Forester. Or just pay $75 for a shop to install it. You can E-bay a WRX 6CD changer for $200 or so.

-juice
  • phkckphkck Posts: 185
    I guess the spoiler was but one of many things holding me back. Trust me 300hp 300lb/ft of torque with AWD sounds like heaven. However, this would have to be my commuting car as well as a car that can tote around my girls on occasion (both in car seats). I am a big fan of the STi, just would have prefered the stealth of no big wing.