Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Legacy Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I wonder if you're getting a wagon and the Fitz price is a sedan? Also, auto vs. manual?

-juice
  • You can't probably do much better than the Fitzmall price. From what I have discovered, they are pretty much the price to beat. If you find a place near home that will match Fitzmall's price, consider yourself lucky.
  • I am in the market for a 2007 Special Edition Legacy. As I started my shopping, I came across one which had just been traded in to a local dealer, with 5,300 miles. The car is pristine. It has about $1K of options, the two main ones being spoiler (a minus, actually) and fog lights. Rock bottom price that was just quoted to me is $17,600. That seems like a reasonable acknowledgment of depreciation. Apparently the car was purchased new for appx. $22K. My other option is a Fitzmall SE with zero options for about $19,200.

Thoughts and comments would be appreciated.

Oh. The dealer of the used Legacy has offered to throw in sealant, undercoating, etc. at no charge. I am not particularly interested in these, but would also be interested in hearing other folks' experience. I want to make sure that the undercoating and the paint sealant would not be detrimental in any way. Again, thanks.
  • Purchased '07 Legacy 2.5GT 5 speed (manual)
    w/ XM, Homelink, splash guards, wheel locks, all weather mats $26,643 (incl doc fee, tags)+tax

Traded '04 Forester XT, Guaranteed Trade Program ($15,800 - .20/mile over 45k, car had 53k on it)

Bought it end of December, purchased in Pennsylvania
    The new one comes with low rate financing, I believe. I think you can that and the rebate, so the difference may be tiny if you finance.

Also, they don't take Subaru Bucks on used cars, if that matters.

If you're paying cash and have no Subaru Bucks, get the used one. It's not even broken in yet.

-juice
  • gomogomo Posts: 6
    Just bought a 2.5i special edition...spoiler, auto, armrest extension are my only options. Sticker: $22,967 (didn't include armrest)/ Paid:$19,900 at Reedman in PA.
    Congrats. Sedan or wagon?

-juice
    Bought the sedan...Regal Blue
    Nice color. :shades:

-juice
    No pin stripe though...saw one today that had it and i'm not sure if i want it or not. New thread maybe...pin stripe or no pin stripe. Another thread could be pimp yo legacy!
    Our Legacy was a dealer trade, and already had pin stripes on it. They didn't charge us any for them, and I didn't take 'em off, but generally I don't like 'em.

-juice
    so you wouldn't recommend i add them...
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,906
    ...against pinstripes..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Nah, if you ask a dealer will charge $89 or so, at least that's what Ourisman Honda in Bethesda was charging. Gimme a break, you can get them for $3 at any auto parts store.

-juice
  • I just bought a demo with 4,400 miles on it for $19,500 in Wisconsin. Automatic with spoiler & auto-dimming mirror.
  • jeffmcjeffmc Posts: 1,742
    Welcome, fellow Legacy SE sedan owner! :) (Mine's an '06, though.)
  • I'm looking to lease a legacy Spec. B, but don't want to overpay; if the aksing price is $34,890 then what should I expect pay for a 48 month 15k/year lease? Can anyone help?

James
  • liz15liz15 Posts: 24
    This is my first time leasing and I was hoping you could let me know if I have a good deal.

2.5i Limited Sedan
    The Price I Received $24,065
    Residual Value 68%
    Money Factor - Dealer told me 5% and change
    24 Months
    Sales Tax 7%
    12,000 miles
    Lease Price with tax $337.15
    No money down, but they want me to pay $695 plus registration fee.

The dealer told me that it would cost more for me to lease at 36 months because of the program.

Picked up the car last night and lease paperwork does not reflect the price the dealer quoted me, instead the MSRP and I can't get to the discounted price. The dealer said I was given the discount.

Did I get taken advantage of?
  • rujorujo Posts: 132
    Thre's not quite enough info here to give you a precise answer. However . . . a net (or "adjusted") cap cost of $22,400 with a money factor of between .00210 and .00220 (5.04% to 5.28%) results in a payment either side of $340, incl. tax. (mf of .00210 = $337.37).

I'm basing this on a 68% residual calculated from an MSRP of $24,720. If this is not the correct MSRP/residual we'd need to recalculate!

So, based on these figures you did well. But there may be something I/we are overlooking. (To $22,400 you'd add whatever part of any upfront money went to "cap cost reduction" to come up with the selling price.)
  • ephs87ephs87 Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal on this lease and how to proceed?...
    24mos, 12kmi/yr, Zero down, $357mo (after TTL/out the door). The quoted price was $20,157 (before TTL) with the residual at 15,438.81.
    It seems to be pretty good, as one dealer (not the one I am currently pursuing) has refused to match it for the Wagon. This qoute was originally for the Sedan but the current dealer had mentioned earlier in the process that the Sedan and the Wagon had "exactly the same lease deals" so I am trying to hold them to it by asking for the Wagon at the quoted Sedan price. They seem to be back-peddling and now are putting up $390mo for the wagon. Any thoughts on how to proceed? Thanks in advance...
    All I can add is that the wagon's invoice is $1100 more than the sedan's.
  • yeltzenyeltzen Posts: 5
    I've gotten internet quotes of $20,999, $21,220, and $21,400. These all seem to be around the invoice price (after destination charge). Is this a decent deal or should I be ready to haggle?
  • yeltzenyeltzen Posts: 5
    Update: I was quoted $23,750 today on a 2008 Legacy SE with arm rest extension, subwoofer, and rear spoiler. This is the out the door price, including TTL.

Thoughts? Seems pretty close to invoice as reported by Edmunds.
  • emily23emily23 Posts: 8
    Avoid Quality Subaru in Wallingford, CT. Quite simply.....they lie. Horrible, horrible experience.
    Sorry for the late response, but here it is if it's still helpful...

First impression - price is probably good. But... I don't know your state's taxes/fees, or whether that's an automatic or manual transmission SE, so it's hard for me to judge that final price. If that's an automatic, with those options invoice should be about $21,800. Doubt there's much of a factory-to-dealer incentive on the '08s, so I think $21.8k before TTL is a good target... anything lower is a very good deal.

Let us know how it turns out! :)
  • rudi2rudi2 Posts: 17
    I saw a dealer post listing a 2006 legacy 2.5i limited with 19,900 miles for $16,886. The car was bought at auction by the dealer from nevada(and it was a fleet rental car).Is this a good price?Do you think I can get the price lower?would it be wise to try to get an extended warranty to 100M miles?is this bought directly from subaru or the dealer and what should I be paying for an extended warranty. Thanks for your input.
    Sounds like a great deal. If you don't buy it let me know, OK? :D

Is it auto? Maybe for the wife...
    Big word of caution: be sure it's really a Limited model. Many people (including some Subaru dealers!! Grrr!) advertise the vehicle as the Limited model when it's really the Special Edition (SE). In fact, I just searched AutoTrader for used '06 Limiteds and came back with 5 results within 50 miles of my ZIP... as far as I can tell, ALL 5 ARE REALLY SE MODELS! Limited has climate control, leather interior, 6-disc CD changer, heated seats, heated mirrors and front wiper deicer. If it doesn't have those features, it's an SE, not a Limited! (I have an '06 Legacy SE sedan & an '06 Outback 3.0R wagon... even the VIN# for the Legacy SE comes up as a Limited with my insurance agency & dept. of licensing.

The SE's great for me... just be sure of what you're getting. My feeling: $17k would be a very good price for a 2-year-old Limited... just a decent price for an SE. My SE was $19k new. If it's an SE, there are lots of them out there, so I'd shop around for one at the same price that wasn't a rental.

Normally you probably wouldn't need the extended warranty, but being a rental, it had bare-bones maintenance done, may have been driven hard, and the engine may not have been "broken in" properly. It's probably fine, but I'd be a little more cautious. I purchased my Outback 3.0R the same way (formerly owned by Hertz, bought at a Texas auction by my dealer) and it's been great. A few cosmetic things... more scratches on the exterior than if I owned it, and it took about 6 months for the interior to smell completely normal (not slightly smokey or like a wet dog!), but it was worth it for me because the model's a bit hard to find and it drove extremely well.

If you get the extended warranty, I'd advise getting the 100k mile warranty. Be sure it's a Subaru warranty. You can purchase it from any Subaru dealer, even at a later date, up until the point the standard manufacturer's warranty expires. What I'm doing with my Outback is waiting a couple years to see how it holds up after being a rental in its early life. If it has problems, it's covered under the standard warranty for now, so I don't have any unexpected repair costs. If I feel it'll give me problems after 3 years/36k miles, I'll either purchase the extended warranty a year from now, or just trade it in.

Sorry to talk your ear off! :blush:
  • rudi2rudi2 Posts: 17
    What is a reasonable price to pay in New Jersey for a 2007 se automatic(since the 2008 models are already in?),including destination charge and 7% sales tax but not motor vehicle fees).The msrp shows as $22962(but this is the same msrp as the 2008 on the web).I was going to offer $19,800(which when you back out the sales tax is about $18,800.Do you think any dealer will bite on this? Costco will arrange with a dealer to pay invoice(which I understand is about $2000 below the msrp)but that only seems like a good deal for the 2008 models. Is it reasonable to expect a 2007 to be priced at least $2500 below a 2008? thanks for your advice.
    Maybe at the end of the month you could get someone to bite for $18,800 (before taxes, fees), but I think you're about $500 off. A good target is invoice, minus rebates, minus $500-$1000 in factory-to-dealer incentives. You can beat the Costco price for sure, if you get multiple quotes via e-mail. Check out pricing at fitzmall dot com for an idea of current good deals available.

Good luck & happy hunting! :D