Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Legacy Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Just got $21000+TTL for a 2006 Subaru Legacy 4dr Station Wagon 2.5 i w/Special Edition Package form the dealer. Is this a good price?
    I'm in IL.
    Thanks.
  • Does anyone know when subaru usually increases incentives for their cars (i know the legacy JUST hit dealers a few weeks ago). I decided to pass on the 06 when I found out that the rear seats did not fold down but did on the 07.

While I don't need to finance a car, at 0% I'd rather hold onto my money and have it make interest for me.
  • jeffmcjeffmc Posts: 1,742
    I think it's a fair price if it's an automatic transmission. You may be able to knock up to $1000 more off, which would be about as low as possible, but if they won't budge, you're not being taken for a ride or anything - it is a fair offer.

Since the '06s are nearly all gone, I'd ask for invoice, minus $2000 rebate, minus factory-to-dealer incentive, which is probably about $1200. Right now it looks like they're giving you about $200 out of their incentive, assuming there aren't many added options.
  • Thanks. It's an automatic transmission and no other added options.
    I'll try to get $1000 more off.
  • needacar2000, take a look at my post (#375) in this thread. I bought a 2006 Legacy SE wagon end July in MD for 21,500 including TTL. I've listed the price breakdowns. Good luck.
  • Just got another quote the dealer. 2006 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5 i w/Limited Edition $22600+TTL. Is this a good price?
    I'm in IL.
    Thanks a lot.
    Invoice is $25,300, minus $1500 rebate is $23,800, so they're offering about... $1200 below invoice before the rebate is applied! Today is the last day of the current incentives, so there's no way of knowing if the rebates will go up, down or stay the same, but that's a great deal either way and I doubt you could do better by waiting or going anywhere else. I'd jump on it while it's still in stock, if you like the car.

Here's what you're adding by going with the Limited instead of the SE:
    Dual Zone climate control.
    6 disc CD changer in dash.
    Leather interior, steering wheel, parking brake handle and shift knob (leather instead of cloth would be a big bonus if you get the light taupe interior - easier cleanup).
    All Weather package with heated seats, defrosting outside mirrors, front windshield wiper de-icer.
    Determine if those options are worth the $1600 price increase over the SE to you, and if they are, go for it - they're making you a great offer.
    Tax, Title, License
  • baibai Posts: 4
    Recent got from dealer. Thank you in advance for your idea.
    This isn't the 2.5i SE, is it? I'm assuming this is not the SE, has an automatic transmission, no additional options, and that you're not in a state that has California emissions standards. If that's correct, $24,700 is the invoice for this vehicle, minus the big $2750 rebate brings you to $20,950. Not sure what the factory-to-dealer incentive is running at this time, but I'd guess $500-$1200, plus the dealer gets a profit holdback from Subaru.

They're not overcharging you, but I wouldn't pay more than the invoice minus rebates ($20,950), plus TTL. You may be able to go all the way down to about $20k, but that's just a guess. They should be eager to clear the '06s out... I don't think you'll have a problem getting a great deal instead of just a good deal. I'd e-mail a couple other dealers to get some competitive bids if this dealer won't come down.

Good luck & feel free to post any other questions that come up! :)
  • A Richmond, VA dealer's out-the-door price for the Legacy Limited wagon with NO optional equipment was $24,506. Includes the current $750 rebate.
    Anybody out there know if this is a good deal? Doesn't seem to me it's great but it is the new '07 model so....

Three other quotes from different dealers were in the same ballpark but all were higher.
    Not sure if you're you're including tax & license when you say "out-the-door". Invoice is about $24,300, minus the rebate is about $23,550. I think $24,500 is a fair price this early into the '07 model year - not great, but good. If that price includes tax & license, I think it's very good. If you want to dicker for a better deal, tell each of the dealers you'll buy on the spot for invoice minus rebate and see if any'll bite... and maybe wait a few days 'til they start thinking about end-of-the-month quotas/incentives. My 2 cents. Good luck.
  • To answer your question re: TTL being included in the out-the-door price, the answer is yes.

Your "2 cents" is much appreciated and I will try the invoice-minus-rebate approach. All they can say is no but it's still worth a try.
    Ah, it includes TT&L... depending on the tax rate in your state, that $24,500 may be a very good price. Where I'm at, the taxes & fees end up adding about 10% onto the cost of the vehicle. If you're similarly taxed, they'd already be offering you a price well below invoice before the tax is applied. Even at the end of model years, I think the most I've seen a Legacy or Outback discounted is about $1200 below invoice before rebates... if your taxes are similar to mine, it sounds like they're already offering you something in that ballpark.

Getting invoice minus rebate minus TTL would be hard to do unless you're in a state with very low taxes.
  • Sales tax in VA is 5%.

The dealer initially offered a $23,499 figure PLUS taxes, title, tags and $175 processing fee. I'm assuming the $750 rebate was figured in there somewhere so I asked him for a bottom line, out-the-door price with everything factored in.

His final figure came to the $24,506.72 price ($173 over Edmund's invoice figure of $24,333).
  • skillyskilly Posts: 1
    Today, I bought a 2007 Legacy GT Limted in Bloomington Indiana. The price paid was $14 over edmunds invoice. The options were appearance package (can't remeber the # but spoiler, shock sensor, mats(both kinds), and compass mirror with homelink, and adjustable arm rest.) The car is black with black leather. So far I'm thrilled. had 15 miles on it when purchased. :D