Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Legacy Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• subearusubearu Posts: 3,613
    The closest dealer to me has 0 Legacy models on the lot (plenty of Outbacks and B9's though). The 2nd closest dealer has 1 leftover '06 spec B and an '07 Legacy 2.5i SE. What gives? I'd like to toy with the idea of trading in my F-XT for an '07 GT, at least to test drive one. But, nothing to test drive makes that part difficult...

-Brian
  • jeffmcjeffmc Posts: 1,742
    Sales numbers are up so high they can't keep 'em on the lots. :P

Really, though, that's weird, especially w/winter fast-approaching in your neck of the woods. Maybe Legacy allocations are going to the coasts and/or urban areas more?
  • subearusubearu Posts: 3,613
    Not to mention they (Subaru) are in the middle of their "guaranteed trade-in program" as well. Plus, at least in the Legacy forums here, the banner ads are for the Legacy.

I guess winter sales are probably more Outback/Forester/Tribeca oriented around here anyway.

This Subaru dealer also sells Honda and Toyota and Scion at the same location, and their storage lot in the rear of the dealership is actually quite empty. It's a big dealership in the area with another location that has Nissan and Hyundai.

-Brian
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Do you have to get a mailer to qualify for that? I wonder what they'd give us for the 02 Legacy L, 44k miles. Wish there was a web site where you could get those values without having to go to a dealer.

-juice
  • You can check here. If you exceed max milage limit (on corresponding MY), they will knock off $0.20/mile.
  • dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018
    I don't have a MY that matches the offer, but I am curious as to how fair you think the GTP prices are? About what other dealers would offer in trade - or better?

Dennis
  • If you car is older than 2002, it is whatever the dealer think is appropriate. I think SOA is seeking only 5 years old cars to help dealers sell them as CPOs. If you qualify for GTP program (and you are within prescribed milage limits - 15000miles/year), IMO SOA is really offering a very good value which is NADA(in excellent condition)+$50.
    I spoke to a friend at SoA and was told you can call 800-SUBARU3 to get help with appraising your trade-in. Wouldn't hurt to call first - no surprises at the dealer.

For our 02 Legacy L, 5 speed, 44k miles, with alloys and a moonroof, I get $11,425 trade-in and $13,650 retail.

It's $50 over the trade? $11,475 is still quite good.

-juice
  • I want to determine a competitive price for a LGT sedan, manual, no nav. (I would get a wagon if it were available with manual trans).
    I'd like to compare the cost for a leftover 2006 vs an 07; I believe there were no significant changes. I could not determine inventory from SOA's site; it showed inventory by dealer, not by model.
    In previous posts I've seen many people getting prices below invoice even before incentives are counted. How is that possible?
    thanks
  • Hi,
    Can anybody tell me if $20500 is fair price for 2007 Legacy 2.5i Special Edition? The price has included manufacture rebate and is before TTL. I am in NJ. It sounds ok compared with Edmunds market price. But I checked FitzMall and found the price for SE was $1000 lower than I quoted. Can i do any better? Which resource should i use as the benchmark?
    Thanks a lot!
    I wonder if you're getting a wagon and the Fitz price is a sedan? Also, auto vs. manual?

-juice
  • You can't probably do much better than the Fitzmall price. From what I have discovered, they are pretty much the price to beat. If you find a place near home that will match Fitzmall's price, consider yourself lucky.
  • I am in the market for a 2007 Special Edition Legacy. As I started my shopping, I came across one which had just been traded in to a local dealer, with 5,300 miles. The car is pristine. It has about $1K of options, the two main ones being spoiler (a minus, actually) and fog lights. Rock bottom price that was just quoted to me is $17,600. That seems like a reasonable acknowledgment of depreciation. Apparently the car was purchased new for appx. $22K. My other option is a Fitzmall SE with zero options for about $19,200.

Thoughts and comments would be appreciated.

Oh. The dealer of the used Legacy has offered to throw in sealant, undercoating, etc. at no charge. I am not particularly interested in these, but would also be interested in hearing other folks' experience. I want to make sure that the undercoating and the paint sealant would not be detrimental in any way. Again, thanks.
  • Purchased '07 Legacy 2.5GT 5 speed (manual)
    w/ XM, Homelink, splash guards, wheel locks, all weather mats $26,643 (incl doc fee, tags)+tax

Traded '04 Forester XT, Guaranteed Trade Program ($15,800 - .20/mile over 45k, car had 53k on it)

Bought it end of December, purchased in Pennsylvania
    The new one comes with low rate financing, I believe. I think you can that and the rebate, so the difference may be tiny if you finance.

Also, they don't take Subaru Bucks on used cars, if that matters.

If you're paying cash and have no Subaru Bucks, get the used one. It's not even broken in yet.

-juice
  • gomogomo Posts: 6
    Just bought a 2.5i special edition...spoiler, auto, armrest extension are my only options. Sticker: $22,967 (didn't include armrest)/ Paid:$19,900 at Reedman in PA.
    Congrats. Sedan or wagon?

-juice
    Bought the sedan...Regal Blue
    Nice color. :shades:

-juice
    No pin stripe though...saw one today that had it and i'm not sure if i want it or not. New thread maybe...pin stripe or no pin stripe. Another thread could be pimp yo legacy!