Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Legacy Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jaffeejaffee Posts: 10
    Check out Heritage Subaru in Owings Mills, MD. Many of their models in their online list of inventory show PZEV. I don't know anything about the dealership though.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Interesting. It's not mandated in MD, though, so I wonder if it still gets the emissions warranty.
  • logtraillogtrail Posts: 71
    When is the 6 cylinder Legacy sedan going to be at the dealers?
    Are they available anywhere?
  • cptpltcptplt Posts: 1,075
    the 08 brochures say the extended warranty only applies to cars in the states where PZEV is mandated
  • jeffmcjeffmc Posts: 1,742
    They seem to be few & far between. My dealer in Seattle has one in stock and I stumbled upon one online at Camelback in Phoenix.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    And only because they have to. :(
  • a4b5a4b5 Posts: 17
    Just thought I'd share the details of my recent purchase from Luther White Bear Lake Subaru in MN. Overall a very positive experience, with what I think is a reasonable price. I could probably have done better if I'd been willing to haggle more, but the price I arrived at was painless.

'08 Legacy GT
    Automatic Transmission
    All Weather Floor Mats
    Spoiler

MSRP = $30884

Purchase Price = $28300 + tax & title. Note that this is after the $750 rebate.

No trade in to complicate matters; just a straight sale.
    Yup, sounds like a good price. Nice car, by the way. :shades:
  • edwillyedwilly Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy a 2008 Legacy Special Edition (auto transmission) in New York. Can anyone give me some advice on what a good price should be for this car?

The only option I am considering adding is the auto-dimming mirror with compass.

The dealer I went to has a sticker price of $22,600. This price includes any delivery/destination charges. I assume the only other costs would be sales tax and DMV fees.

Also, I know there is a $1000 cash back or low-financing deal from Subaru. Since I need to finance the car, what would be the better option to choose?

Any advice or tips will be appreciated.

Thanks.
    http://www.edmunds.com/apps/calc/CalculatorController
    plug in the numbers and you will see whats better the manufacturers financing or cash back and a non manufacturers loan
    Invoice for a Legacy SE automatic w/emissions for NY requirements is $21,400 including destination fee. Take off another $1000 for the rebate to get $20,400, which is a good point to set as the highest you'll pay. The dealer should have another $1000 or so in factory-to-dealer incentives to play with, so you could see an offer somewhere around $19,500.

A good strategy is to get e-mail quotes from four or five different dealerships' internet sales dept. Take the best two offers and see if there's any reason to go with the higher of the two offers (free loaner cars, more convenient, better customer service, etc.). If there's a compelling reason for you to go with a dealer that offers a higher quote, ask them if they'll match the lowest quote. Most will, so it certainly doesn't hurt to try.

Arrange your financing with a local credit union or bank before you set foot in the dealership. Often you'll be able to come close to any special financing offered by the dealer, and sometimes the dealer will be able to beat the bank's financing. This extra step would make it financially worthwhile for you to take the rebate in lieu of special Subaru financing, in most cases.

So here's the ideal outcome: price around $19,500 (after $1000 rebate) AND a reasonably low finance rate, whether it's from Subaru or your local bank.

Good luck!
  • In NJ thru 9/4/07 there is a $1,500 or 2.9% financing Subaru-to-Buyer deal:

2.9% FINANCING ON ALL 08 SUBARU FORESTER MODELS
    Cannot be combined with any other incentive. Financing for well-qualified applicants only. Length of contract is limited. Subject to credit approval, vehicle insurance approval and vehicle availability. No down payment required. See participating dealers for details. Must take delivery from dealer stock by September 4, 2007.

CUSTOMER CASH ON 08 SUBARU FORESTER MODELS
    Now through September 4, 2007 - 08 FORESTER models are available with Customer Cash. Must take delivery from dealer stock by September 4, 2007. See your participating dealer for details. Cannot be combined with any other incentives.

$1,500 Customer Cash on 08 FORESTER 2.5 X models

On a 08 Forester 2.5X there is a $2,000 Factory Rebate, bringing the Premium Package down to $1,500.

I am planning to put $8,000 down and take 48 months to pay. I am already qualified for the lowest interest rate.

Shouldn't my dealer be lowering the sticker price another $1,500 in addition to the Prem Pkg rebate OR offer the 2.9%? He is offering $500 and 6.9%.

I am wrong or is he trying to pull a fast one? :confuse:
    whats the Premium package rebate??? If you are talking about some price on the sticker on the window. thats already factored into the MSRP
    sometimes they will have some marketing junk on the sticker essentially giving you a discount on a package of options (as opposed to having each option priced seperately)

the manufacturers incentives are $1500 off whatever price you negotiate or 2.9% (for 24 months, 3.9 for 36 etc), interest rates also depend on your credit score.

what is the dealer discounting the 500 from?? MSRP, invoice??? his interest rate may also be from a bank and not Subaru.(which actually is IIRC Chase)
    according to the Subaru site and cars101, the 08 Forester has a 1500 rebate for the X model, all other foresters only get a 500 rebate.
  • Spoke with the dealer. He says the $1500 only applies to X model, not X model with Premium Package. The $2,000 off the Premium Package is directly on the Subaru website. It includes :

Premium Package (Optional $1,500)

* 8-way power adjustable driver's seat
    * Dual-stage heated front seats
    * Panoramic power sliding-glass moonroof with auto-open/close feature
    * SIRIUS™ Satellite Radio capability
    * Auxiliary audio jack for portable media players
    * 120-watt 4-speaker audio system with 6-disc in-dash CD changer and MP3/WMA player in dash and four upgraded speakers
    * Automatic climate control system with CFC-free air conditioning, air filtration system, rotary controls for temperature, 7-speed fan and airflow direction
    * Perforated leather-wrapped 3-spoke steering wheel with manually adjustable tilt column
    * Perforated leather-wrapped shifter handle and parking-brake handle
    * 4-wheel disc, ventilated front brakes
    * 16 x 6.5-inch 8-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels
    * Larger body-color painted side mirrors with integrated turn signals
    * Body-color painted door handles
    * Heated side mirrors and windshield wipers de-icer

Well worth $1,500.00 to me. He threw in $500 rebate which I was not entitled to.

Buying a silver X this week. :)
  • crikeycrikey Posts: 1,038
    Sorry, I know it's the same manufacturer and all, but how is a promotion on Foresters helpful to Legacy buyers? IIRC, this is a Legacy forum, is it not?
  • rallyfanrallyfan Posts: 36
    Thanks for all of the information very useful. I went to the dealer last week and they have two 07 legacy wagons with the 5 spd manuals, one white and one black. Unfortunaly the sales person who I spoke with was not there. There org. price was 19900. I have not counter offered yet. ps the PZEV just for a hoot call the parts dep. and ask them what the O2 sensor's cost my Honda is 800 dollars
  • Just back from buying 08 Legacy SE Manual...and wanted to let everyone know the prices we were offered in our dealership "face off"--that is, we had them competing by phone. In the end, we took the deal for $19,449 (add another 900-1000 if you are pricing an automatic)...that is WITH the $1000 rebate. HOWEVER, we also had an offer for 18,995 for the same model/options. That means you CAN get it for that price....which matches up with Fitzmall prices from what I could see.
    We live in Montana so just used Fitzmall as a guide for what to offer. I was aiming for $18,800. We took the $19,449 because that Idaho dealership blew everyone else away on the offer for our trade in.
    Bottom line: If the rebate stays in play, I think you can get an 08 Legacy automatic out the door price of 19,900-ish.
    Manual: $18,900 ish. We know this is possible because we had that offer BEFORE we mentioned the trade in.
    And the car is great, by the way. Caution: we got a speeding ticket with the new car on the long drive back to Montana. Be careful...it goes faster than you think! We also discovered you can put down the back seats and actually sleep with your feet in the trunk! (We were desperately tired and stopped for a quick nap on trip home.)
    Good luck! Definitely go for BELOW invoice.
  • disney2disney2 Posts: 25
    I was offered 36 mon, 10 k miles, $350/mo. MSRP 25240. Price 22300. Due at signing: first mo (350)plus mv, doc fee (790) for total out the door 1140. Any comments? I am in New Jersey.
  • I agreed to 24 mo. 307 per month. 10k. This includes nj tax in the payments and the 1000 incentive.