Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Legacy Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Thanks....could not have done better without the GTP program!! I was very happy with the 06 wagon, though Subaru options are too quaint....they seem to nickel and dime you for options which should be standard. Also figured it was getting close to 50K, so with required maintenance and all (transaxle, tranny, brakes, other normal maintenance) I would have spent $500-600 in the next year anyway...let Subaru recondition the old car for re-sale...

The '09 limited seems to have everything I wanted except bluetooth. The HK stereo is absolutely stunning; and the speakers aren't even broken in yet...I played one of my Telarc jazz CDs and heard stuff that was impossible to hear on the '06 cheapo speakers....

While on the lot, I test drove a '10 Legacy Premium. There is more space all around - mainly rear leg room which I figured has at least 4 inches more space. But I just do not like the looks, and there is too much silver on the stereo cluster. I hope they refresh it soon. The salesman told me yesterday was the first '10 Legacy they sold..so it does not seem to have 'warmed up' to customers for looks.... ;)
  • I drove an '09 with the HK sound system back to back with my '08. You can really tell the difference. BTW, don't be too hard on Subaru's options policy, although I was disappointed to see that they want $995 for the moonroof in 2010. No one nickels and dimes like Porsche. When I bought my Boxster, they wanted $1500+ for a power seat package, $480 for automatic climate control, $900+ for a Bose stereo (still with only a single-CD player), $3,000 for nav, etc., etc. I declined on most items at those ridiculous prices and, as a result, my 2.5i Limited is much better equipped than the Boxster. (Leather seems to be better quality, too.)
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I still can't believe the spec.B is under $30 grand. Last time I looked that was a $33k car.

Porsche does kill you - my friend laughed at the $750 "footwell lighting" option he was offered.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,889
    P-car options..

$340 for contrasting color seatbelts

$500 for painted side mirror supports (matte black, otherwise)

$8800 for ceramic brakes

It goes on and on and on..

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Hans goofed on the assembly line and used the wrong color seatbelts, and Porsche marketing decides to call it "contrasting color seatbelts" and charge $340 for their mistake. :D
  • Agreed.... ;) and we know brakes get hot n' heavy, but $8K+ for ceramic brakes....sheesh....do they have gold or diamond crush in them.....
    You can nearly buy 2 Aveos under C4C for that money...
  • dominaldominal Posts: 6
    i use the vip program offer by my company and factory ordered a 3.6r premium with remote start, splash guards, auto dimming mirror w/ compass and all weather floor mats. expecting delivery in 6 to 8 weeks.

above car cost $25731 plus $25 electronic file fee
    sales tax $2202.15 :cry: :cry:
    county tax $209.31
    plates, title, etc $144
    doc fee $151.65
    OTD $ 28453.11
  • surrfurtomsurrfurtom Posts: 124
    What was MSRP incl shipping? For some reason I thought VIP required in stock purchase.Thanks.
  • dominaldominal Posts: 6
    The sticker price of a standard 3.6 R premium with distination fee is $26690.

all added options on my order are priced in dealer invoice.
  • idmdidmd Posts: 23
    Just bought a 2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited with Nav/Moon and XM Sat radio for $30K including destination. Seemed like a good deal as I spoke to 4 other dealers in the area and none of them would even get close to this number with the options. Most were close to MSRP and quoted the fact that there aren't all that many 3.6R Limiteds in the NE at the moment.

This was actually one of the easiest, most low pressure and smooth car buying experiences I've ever had. No trying to sell me extras, no sudden unexplained fees during signing, and so the entire process was negotiated over the internet and took 35 mins including the test drive.

Very happy!
  • 78877887 Posts: 6
    Can anyone help with a price for a 2010 Leagacy se automatic.I'm in Illinois and just wondering what I should expect to pay.What is my # goal before taxes.Thanks
  • Well, fitzmall.com, which tends to have the best published online prices, is showing an automatic, non-premium with an MSRP of $22,055 for a published price of $20,890. That may be a good number to throw at your dealer. I'm not currently in the market and don't know that much about pricing trends on the 2010 models. But if you look at past history, I bet Subaru will soon be offering cash back on the Legacys fairly soon. You could save another $1,000 if you wait another month or two. Also, dealers are coming off their "Cash for Clunker" highs and the dark days of fall and winter are approaching. You might find more flexibility if you can hang on a little longer.

Bill Kolb Jr.'s Subaru site also sometimes shows "internet pricing" on new Legacys, although I'm not seeing any just now.
  • take a look at the website of the autobarn subaru of countryside, IL. i ordered mine there.

most of the legacy has discount now, here is one of their internet price.

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium CVT w/All-Weather Pkg/Power Moonroof/

MSRP $24,254 Discount -$1,882 Adjusted Price $22,372

hope this help.
    Thanks for the info.I might just wait and see if October brings the prices down some.
    I did see that price at the Autobarn.I just wonder if they neg on that price some more.Thanks for your help.
  • Not to rain on anyone's parade but I've been told by more than one dealer not to expect any discounts on the new Outbacks and Legacies for at least a year since they were just redesigned. Unlike the '09 Legacy and Outback the '09 Forester did not get any incentives this summer as it was redesigned in 2009.
    No rebates, sure, I believe that.

No discounts? People already have been getting them.
  • I bet you see $500-$1,000 cash back on the Legacy before the end of the year. They're already doing a lease deal and 3.9% financing, so the cash can't be far behind. As for anyone who's told they have to pay MSRP in this economic climate, my advice is to walk away.
    Dunno, the 2009 Forester has gone without any rebates since its launch, just subsidized financing. Residuals have been good, as have sales, so it's working.