Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Legacy Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I'm looking at either the prem. Legacy with options or a Limited-2.5, non-turbo anyone tried the costco buying program to get their Subaru? (I'm the Portland Or. area)
  • my wife and i looking at the legacy 3.6 R premium

how much are they knocking off?
    it says some people are getting it invoice, but how do I know that invoice is that price they say it is??

the car comes to MSRP with destination at $26695
    you think they will take off $4000 off? $3000 maybe?
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Posts: 1,207
    edited February 2010
    You should find the invoice price at edmunds.com ... currently invoice is about the price dealer will deal. There is VIP program that is invoice - 2%... you join a club like "Leave No Trace" with min of 6 months then you can request that letter and bring to dealer to lock in VIP program withour any negotiations. Also qualify for any rebate, incentive and options / add-ons are also in invoice -2% pricing, then add dealer doc fee & TT&L

This is also good for factory ordering on the exact car you want.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58200
  • I doubt you'd get that kind of a discount. Truecar.com, which I find to be a much more accurate place to check new car prices than Edmunds and others, shows a 3.6R premium with a sticker of $26,690 in my area (Long Island) might be bought for a "great price" of $24,158. For what it's worth, when I bought my '08 Legacy Limited, the best local deal I could get was 9.8% off sticker and the best deal regardless of location was about 13.8% off. Both of those included $1,000 cash back from the manufacturer. With Subaru continuing to do well and the new models fairly popular (without any cash back, I presume), I don't think you have a shot at $3-$4K off. At $24K and change, the car is still a great value.
  • they are just hard to find oh the H-6

they have like boat loads of the 4 cylinders!!

the H-6 is so much fun!!! IT HAS TORQUE!!!
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    The 4 banger has some (170 lb-ft) torque, too. ;)
  • After spending weeks of studying different vehicles with my mother (basically anything with AWD) we settled on the 2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium. After talking to a salesman and discussing what we wanted (CVT, White Exterior, HK Audio and All-Weather package) we go to the dealership and are greeted by a different person. On top of that, it's a silver car instead of white. There isn't a vehicle that fits our order in California or Nevada. The closest thing they found was 100 miles away with some extra things (auto-dimming homelink mirror + cargo tray) that the dealership threw in for free for the hassle. After signing the paperwork, we are told that the car is in fact being sold. However, shortly thereafter (about 5 minutes) they say we signed so it's ours and the other deal fell through. We got the car with about 300 miles on it, but at the end of the day the final price before taxes and whatnot was 22.5k, which is great. Included in that price (besides all those extras) is free oil changes/tire rotations for three years for the hassle and two free gallons of gas. I'm just glad we finally got the car! Dynamic styling, great fuel economy and incredible safety features made it our #1 choice. Haven't had a Subaru, hopefully it's worth it!
  • Just got graphite grey 2010 Legacy Auto Prem PZEV All-Weather for under 22K. Ours has only 20 miles on it.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Congrats to you (and baccus).

Hopefully the dealer treats you better when it's time for service. Perhaps it was out of their control (the other dealer tried to sell it out from under them).
  • skomanskoman Posts: 24
    2.5 Limited 4cy CVT Auto w Auto Dim Mirror (homelink and compass)All weather mats, and XM Sat Radio $24,613 plus TTL. True car had the following numbers which matched Edmunds..

Sticker $27,486
    TruAverage $ $26,131 (local)
    Invoice $ 25,823
    TrueCost $ 25,019

I felt this was a very good deal if truecar or edmunds is correct about what other people are really paying. I specifically bought because I wanted a car that looked like the Camry SE, but drove like a Honda Accord with Toyota/Honda/Subaru reliability and had AWD and Hwy mileage over 30 mpg. I just sold my 13 year old Impreza OutbackSport for $2000 with 208,000 miles on it and I bet it will go another 100k easy.

I did luck out that the exact car I wanted arrived at the dealership the day after I contacted dealers for quotes and I closed a deal 4 days later. My guess is they got their $26k and they have 90 days still to pay Subaru.

Was this a good deal or a great deal ?
  • easypareasypar ColoradoPosts: 171
    I think I'd call that a great deal. I had some items that you didn't, about $700 more I think, and paid about $850 more than you paid.

Where are you located and what's the name of the Subie store? I'm sure others who are lurking here will patronize them.

easypar
  • skomanskoman Posts: 24
    Ganley Subaru of Wickliffe OH is where I bought and they were awesome. Super professional and accomodating, very competitive quote right from the start, valued my business and my time, all around the best dealership experience I ever had.
  • marvinlee1marvinlee1 OregonPosts: 43
    Paid $27,000 cash for new car with no accessories, including no sunroof, except for auto-dimming mirror with compass. Price included the transportation charge and full tank of gas. I paid the license, plates, and registration fees.
  • mikel12mikel12 Posts: 17
    It's my first time experiencing Subaru and I must say I like it quite a bit, after comparing it to VW sportswagon TDI and Ford Fusion Hybrid. I'm looking to buy Prem PZE CVT of either 2010 or 2011. I went to Carr dealer yesterday but they're asking for 3000 OVER suggested retail price for the 2010, which I thought is ridiculous. Does anyone have good experience with a dealer/salesperson in the Portland, Oregon area?
    What the heck? Over MSRP for the 2010s, when they have 2011s on their lot! Craziness. I have no recommendations for Portland but I do recall some discussion on here a couple of months back. Check the Outback prices paid forum as well.

I was in my local dealer today and my salesman told me that Legacy and Outbacks are flying out the door, but he still said he'd discount a '10 or an '11 for me if my wife was interested in the Outback. Since my Legacy ($2700 +/- off of MSRP) is only 6 months old we're not looking to replace my wife's Lexus for a couple of more years.

Good luck on your hunt.
    edited June 2010
    MSRP 24900 and invoice 24000. Is it a good deal? It's almost as basic as I can get. Should I get it or wait for the 2011? Has anyone purchased similar models and how much did you pay?
    On a basic model like that I think 1500 under invoice is pretty good. The '11 Outbacks are on the lot where I am (Colorado) and other than the outside mirror I don't see any change. If you want a Legacy now I'd go for it.

easypar
  • cfkidcfkid Posts: 9
    Hello everyone. I'm in the market for a 2010 Legacy 2.5GT Limited with Moonroof and Nav. I'm a VIP member, so I can get the car at invoice price, which is about 2500 under sticker. I have a few questions, however. Can I do better than that on a 2010? Second, I have heard that there is a Volume Incentive on the GT's. So, if the dealership sells one, they get $xxxx, sell two in a month and get more, etc.

From what I've read, I am eligible for any regional dealer and factory incentives. Does this mean that I should get that volume incentive too? I'm not being told that the dealer gets this incentive by my sales rep, so how do I figure it out. Can I actually call Subaru to find out?

Also, I'm being low balled by about $1700 on a trade in. They should EASILY be able to pay it off, but are about $1300 under my payoff. Any suggestions for pushing that number somewhat higher? Thanks in advance.
  • nemo10nemo10 Posts: 4
    How much is a good selling price (not include destination charge, tax, title etc) for a 2011 legacy? Should it be above or below the invoice price?
    I am in Southern California. How much should the OTD price be? Thanks.

This is what I am looking for:
    ----------------------------------------
    2011 Legacy
    MSRP
    Base 20995
    CVT 1000
    PZEV 300
    AWP+HK+Moonroof 2790
    Destination 725

Total 25810
    Just FYI, hope this info helps anyone.

We've been going to ALL subaru dealers around here. The lowest we were able to get on 2010 Legacy premium with weather pkg and moonroof (CVT) was 22380. I am not sure what the invoice is (~24980) because they ALWAYS showed me invoices that were above our negotiating prices and said they were losing money. Anyway, I think the best way to purchase a subaru car is go to the dealer's website, look at what they have in stock, and get a quote or make an offer if you roughly know how much you're dealing with. That's the way we got ours and I think it's the best way to go.