Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Legacy Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sh_maestrosh_maestro Posts: 20
    How much extra does the wagon cost over the sedan? I got a quote of about $26,600 for the LGT Ltd sedan from Santa Cruz Subaru - this was an initial quote, they may be willing to bring it down by quite a bit. You should definitely check it out..
  • sh_maestrosh_maestro Posts: 20
    Buy the one you like better regardless of price!

I really wish I could.. but if you take navigation into account, theres a price difference of about 4,500$ - the Accord coupe being lower. The LGT is without doubt a lot of fun to drive (probably more than the Accord), but then again its AWD is really more of a gas guzzler for someone down in California, and gas prices here are a major pain, especially in the Bay Area. Now, if I were in a place that snowed - say New York or Canada, I would've taken the Legacy without any further consideration.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I've seen GTs in the high $22 range, Limiteds under $25k. Check fitzmall.com for reference.

I'm sure the Legacy will cost more but the difference should be a lot smaller than that.

-juice
  • cohenfivecohenfive Posts: 86
    the wagon costs exactly $1000 more than the sedan. i've contacted santa cruz subi and they were mid-pack of what i think is a too expensive pack. i'll find out when i go back to them. it is getting towards the end of the month..... :P
    my wife and i decided not to try to crush the dealer and we wanted to buy from the local guy to save us the extra trip somewhere. here's what we have agreed to:

lgt ltd wagon, atlantic/taupe, auto
    all weather mats, auto dimming mirror, air filtration, rear cargo mat

msrp around 32,200. we paid 27,800 plus ttl (zero additional dealer fees). probably around invoice minus 1700....not the best but ok and saves us a few hours going elsewhere.
    Better to have a good relationship with the local dealer than to save a couple of bucks and then have to drive an extra 100 miles every time you need something. :)

-juice
    the car also has the subwoofer installed.....
  • cusafrcusafr Posts: 184
    I am looking at a 2003 Legacy Wagon, 4-cylinder. I remember there were some engine problems with some years. Seams like it was overheating problems? Could someone tell me if the 2003 year had any problems like this?

Thanks,

Jim
  • sweet_subiesweet_subie Posts: 1,394
    check MSN auto or consumer report used car reliability rating, they specifically show engine reliability
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,677
    This is also a good question for our Subaru Legacy/Outback Wagons - Problems & Solutions discussion. That's where owners can share their experiences with you.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Was after the revised gasket material arrived. In fact our 2002 Legacy L already has the new one.

-juice
  • fedman98fedman98 Posts: 5
    I checked with Stevens Creek Subaru yesterday on their stock of Obsidian Black Pearl GT limited sedans and they were not too helpful when I asked what the miles were on the vehicles they had in stock. They finally replied with the lowest miles being 167. I definitely passed on this as it has definitely been driven and probably beat. I finally found one exactly how I wanted it for a price of $26,850.00. It includes spoiler, security mirror/compass option and wheels locks. If anyone is looking for a good selection, Ron Price Subaru in South san francisco had a decent selection and they were very competively priced if not better.
  • fedman98fedman98 Posts: 5
    Be careful with too low of a priced vehicle. A lot of them have a lot of miles, which means they have been driven to the limit (high rpms) or have minor damage. It's not worth saving 200-500 dollars. Prestige Imports in santa rosa had one priced to good to be true and sure enough it had 1001 miles on it and the interior was filthy.
  • cusafrcusafr Posts: 184
    Thanks. That's the thing I was thinking about.

Jim
  • sweet_subiesweet_subie Posts: 1,394
    once you finalize the price, use the VIN number & check carfax.com report to see any issues with it as well.
  • roba1roba1 Posts: 1
    August 17, 2005: What do people think of these prices for a 2005 Legacy 2.5i Limited Wagon in the NYC region – both have about $300 in little odds and ends added to them, it seems. The prices do not include the $2000 cash to customer rebate. A 3% profit over invoice for a standard Limited is approx. $26,324 so after the rebate all these prices will be below invoice.

The prices: $26,458 and $26,997). Now that the 2006 models are in the showroom, should I expect a dealer price at or below invoice, excluding the rebate?

Is buying a 2005 model now that the 2006 models are on the floor essentially giving a good portion of the 1st year’s depreciation away before I drive it off the lot? For instance, Edmunds 1st year depreciation is $7,509. At Kelly Blue Book, a Legacy 2.5i Limited with 0 miles has an estimated private party value of $24,100.

Rob
  • Here in KC area there are hardly any 2.5i Limited wagons left - I think we got the last one today. We were quoted $22,800 plus got an extended warranty to bump Subaru's normal 3/36 warranty up to 5/60 bumper-to-bumper.

OTD total after taxes and fees and minus $1500 customer cash was $24,630.

We were very happy, to say the least. It's sitting in the garage now.

Michael
  • Forgot to mention, this is the 5-speed manual transmission model. Only installed options (besides the Limited package itself) are the upgraded security system and the auto-dimming compass mirror.

M
  • raybearraybear Posts: 1,776
    Well what happened?
  • In Connecticut 2006 2.5I Special Edition MTS paid invoice less the $1000 rebate. Looking at their invoice compared to MSRP I think there is more than holdback going back to the dealer. There's not a big enough difference. Pricing is clearing now being set with the expectation that the customer will ask for invoice. Dealer paperwork includes the ad fee. I spoke to 5 Connecticut dealers and all were up front and willing to quote and negotiate over the phone. If I was had at least it was pleasant. BTW I love the car.