Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Outback Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,391
    Adrian:

The forum allows dealership names and locations, but asks you to not publicly divulge salesperson or contact information. ;)
  • 204meca204meca Posts: 366
    We ordered our 2.5 Limited w Nav on Oct 27, were told 6-8 weeks with tentative delivery date of Dec 15. It arrived today (yah!). We will pick up Friday, take for an extended drive & keep overnight, close the deal the next morning assuming no glitches. Then replace the Conti tires with Michelin MXV4s the next week.

Factory accessories we ordered included (all prices invoice, we used VIP which gave us an additionall 2% off invoice):
    Moonroof & Nav $2,497 (really only wanted BU camera, but went for the Nav as we think it will be a plus at resale & an a good aftermarket back up camera was going to be $1,000 + ).
    Wheel Arch Moldings $332
    Rear Bumper Cover $ 52
    Auto Dim Mirror, Homelink $176
    Puddle lights $ 145
    Rear side nets $ 42
    Trailer hitch $329 (the dealer missed this when he placed the order, will install later at VIP price - though I may consider UHaul hitch).

I considered getting the rear side nets & bumper cover at a discount dealer & installing them myself, but the savings were not enough to justify the hassle for me.
    Our deal has gone very smoothly accept the dealer was incredibly clueless about Subaru Bucks & have been struggling to educate them about how this are used. I think they finally got it. :P

Will post on our thoughts after a 1,000 miles.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I'm sure that was a long wait so a big CONGRATS! :shades:
  • We are looking at a 2010 Outback at our local dealer.

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/All-Weather Pkg/Power Moonroof

plus:
    * Alloy Wheel Lock Kit
    * Auto-Dimming Mirror w/Compass
    * Rear Bumper Cover
    * Tweeter Kit

price given from dealer last night was $26,050 OTD + TTL and $214 in doc fee's (I HATE THESE-can you get rid of all together?)

Thanks!!
  • agnostoagnosto Posts: 205
    According to Edmunds inventory is $26,050.00. If $26,050 is the final price that includes TTL, fees, etc., then you are below invoice, if not, then you are at invoice which is an ok but not great deal.
  • Like my post stated that was not with TTL OR doc fee's. If $26,050 included that you would be thousands UNDER invoice which is crazy for this car. The best deal I see right now on Truecar.com for this car in my area locally is great at $25,765 ($285 below invoice) and the good deal is 26,272 ($222 above invoice). With this price we would be right inbetween the two, though we still will be shopping more.
  • No dealer will completely remove doc fees, etc - in some states they are controlled. If dealer has a model you want in stock go for it, the tax deduction expires this December 31, the low rate interest a week later. You have to balance further shopping with losing the above. Who knows what incentives will apply in Jan / Feb.
  • If you are paying anything in addition to the $26,050, then that is not the price OTD ...

The OTD price includes:

Price of car
    + TTL
    + any doc. fees, etc.
    -------------------------------
    = OTD

So based on the info you gave us, your OTD price = $26,050 + 214 + TTL.
  • I bought my new 2010 Outback a month ago from Rafferty Subaru in Newtown Square, PA. The whole experience was fantastic. They gave me the price I wanted (invoice), a $100 over the trade in amount I was set on, met my request to do the ext warranty 6yr 100k mile Gold Plus plan for $1500, and had no hidden fees, gimmicks, etc. They were straight up and honest, the most pleasurable buying experience for a new car I have had to date. You can check my older posts for my other glowing reviews. My advice is to call them first, tell them exactly what you want, and then just go in to sign the paperwork. They are also one of the biggest Subaru dealers in the Philly area and have the most OB's in stock. I can't speak on behalf of their service dept as I have not needed any yet...but as far as the sales experience I highly recommend them! And I love my new Outback. Good Luck :)
  • Gottcha.

So what we ended up paying was $25,500-got them to knock it down almost $550 off invoice. Then add TTL for our OTD price. We were really happy with this price.

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/All-Weather Pkg/Power Moonroof

plus:
    * Alloy Wheel Lock Kit
    * Auto-Dimming Mirror w/Compass
    * Rear Bumper Cover
    * Tweeter Kit

We feel we got a GREAT deal. Dunning Subaru Ann Arbor Michigan. We dealt with Patrick.
  • Has anyone compared the 2.5 to the 3.6? Pro's/Con's of either?

Thanks.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    It's power vs. mileage, basically.

The 3.6 may have the edge in historical reliability.
  • Also, you can get a stick with the 2.5; you can't with 3.6.
  • We live in the hilly part of NJ, sometimes do long journeys and also drive around NY City; when we had rental cars with smaller engines we found the fuel economy was less than expected since we always had pedal to the metal to keep up the speed we expected.

For us the larger engine with auto was a very simple and easy preferred choice and after all, we have down sized from much larger V8's...
  • Dude, how much did they pay you for this infomercial ?
  • Dude! Not a dime :) It's just that I got burned :mad: by the first dealer I went to that I was so grateful to at last find a good one.
  • red927red927 Posts: 118
    The dealer that I used in NJ since '92 went OOB and the franchise was taken over by Haldeman in Hamilton Square. They do not have a good reputation and the former service manager at Nitti Subaru recommended Miller Subaru on Route 38 in Lumberton, NJ. I took my Subaru there for some minor issue and was impressed by their service department. I both heard and read very positive things about their sales department. The advertise as a Philadelphia area dealership, so you should give them a try.
  • Thanks for the info..
  • nubienubie Posts: 2
    Looking to buy soon here in Washington state. Just curious if invoice price + TTL is the best I can do.
  • At this point you need to consider if the dealer has a stock unit at the spec you want - the tax deduction and lower interest rate deal that wiil not apply for factory orders (tax deduction for sure) may save you more than the last squeeze on the invoice price.

If you know you will have to order - then yes you can probably do a little better.