Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Outback Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jjj15jjj15 Posts: 3
    We have been looking at the 2010 outback H4 2.5i ltd with pwr moon for a couple of month. It looks like the Subaru dealers in minneapolis area never worry about selling their cars. We have talked to a couple of dealers and none of them agree to go with price under $29300. I have seen several people in this forum reported that they bought the car at invoice price or less(less than $28000). Does anybody know this is the area difference or there is other reason? How much should I target in this area? Thanks much.
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,391
    It may be a regional thing.... you can check a couple websites, including Edmunds.com, to determine actual market value in your area.

You live in a perfect location though, being in Minneapolis. There is no place in the US that is very far from you. If you want to save some money, consider traveling a little. There are many places, including Washington, Colorado, and Pennsylvania/Maryland, where these vehicles can be obtained for invoice or below. You just have to be flexible and find someone who wants to sell you a car.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Posts: 1,207
    If you can wait 6 months you can get invoice - 2% from your local dealers ... Subaru VIP Partner Program ... Join "Leave No Trace" www.lnt.org to be a member $25 to $35 and wait 6 months ... what you need is ask for a letter and bring to your dealer and they will honor this discount ...
    Eligibility for the Subaru VIP Partners Program after six months of being a member, helping you save as much as $3,300 when you purchase or lease a new Subaru, options included for this discount.
  • skyiceskyice Posts: 21
    To bigdadi118:

I have the membership of "leave no trace". The dealer offers me a price of $28,966 for 2011 2.5i limited outback with moonroof package. This doesn't sound right to me. As I know, the invoice price for 2010 outback with moonroof is only $28,316. With 2% of invoice price, the price should be $27,750. Even with the price hike for 2011 outback, it cannot be that high. Does $28,966 sound right to you?

Thanks
  • jjj15jjj15 Posts: 3
    Thanks for both xwesx and biqdadi118. We plan to try WI and Iowa.

About the 2011 2.5i ltd outback with moonroof, the dealer in minneapolis told us it will be a $220 increase in price, but the car you are looking at may have more accessories (backup camera, etc). The other feature is the foldable mirror, also more color option (red etc). Thanks.
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,391
    On the VIP program, I am under the impression that you have to go through the program to contact the dealer, versus contacting them directly, when wanting to use the program's pricing. I have never purchased a Subaru by this option, though, so I am only going off memory from reading about the program details in the past.
  • greenjdcgreenjdc Posts: 25
    Fitzgerald on Rockville Pike. Relatively painless process. I emailed other dealers about models w/sunroof, and they were not coming close to Fitzgerald's prices so I went there.
  • greenjdcgreenjdc Posts: 25
    I don't remember where I read it, but I think for 2011 the moonroof option is another $400 to $500 because it comes with teh backup camera. But that plus the price increase still doesn't make up the difference.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    That's where we got our Forester. :shades:
  • morin2morin2 Posts: 399
    Yup - I bought my Outback there. Great price and no games. I met a guy who had flown in to pick up his new Subaru from fitzmall.
  • looking to pull the trigger on an outback 2.5i auto. i live in the sf bay area (peninsula). any recent price points to share would be MUCH appreciated! thanks.
  • free8135free8135 Posts: 3
    I bought 2.5.i CVT base model from Oakland Downtown Subaru for 23300. no hassle pricing which beat all other Bay Area dealers.
    ask for Ike and I bet you would be satisfied.
  • ksm12ksm12 Posts: 2
    edited June 2010
    I looking to buy 2011 Outback Preimum Auto(CVT) with All Weather Package.
    Price MSRP 26,760
    Invoice 25,194.

Dealer is quoting 24,503 which includes Dealer Handling.

Is this a good deal

thanks a lot
    KSM12
  • Can anyone recommend a good dealer in Southern California? I'm considering a 3.6 Limited, and the best quotes are $800 over invoice which seems high compared to what others are getting here. It seems no better than a "Costco Price".
  • tmg4p00tmg4p00 Posts: 12
    edited June 2010
    I think that is a very good price on a brand new model year. It basically includes dealer holdback and marketing $$$. That should be well below the invoice listed on Edmunds.

We just bought a 2011 premium with CVT, PVEZ, and All-Weather for $24,400 plus dealer handling, tax. MSRP was $27k and change. Financing dept was able to get us the 2.9% on the 2011. Also threw in all-weather mats for free and rear bumper cover for $40.

We bought from a volume dealer in Colorado Springs, CO though the internet dept. Very happy with everything about the purchase. We will enjoy all the Outback has to offer this summer, and everything the Co winter can throw at us in 6 months!

:shades: Good luck and enjoy the OB!
  • a4sfa4sf Posts: 11
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone can offer some advice about buying a 2010 vs 2011 outback at this point. I am looking at a basic 2.5i CVT or possibly a 2.5i Premium CVT. I'd prefer to get a good deal on a 2010, but in terms of discounting at this point in the year, what would be a good target price in my negotiations relative to invoice?

Thanks.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    2011 is supposed to get a folder side mirror, one complaint about the 2010s.
  • dim109dim109 Posts: 2
    Can anyone recommend a dealer/salesperson in or around NYC?
    Thank you,
  • ksm12ksm12 Posts: 2
    thanks a lot
  • fasttexfasttex Posts: 24
    edited June 2010
    Big Frank, You seem to have a bit of incorrect information. Dealer holdback ($$$ paid to the dealer to help with the interest payment on the inventory) is about 2% of INVOICE, not retail. Sales commisions are generally between 20 % and 25 % of profit, (Selling price minus invoice price) or a minimum or "Mini" of $100. I don't know how you make a living but it doesn't take a math degree to find out how many cars you have to sell to pay your bills. There is an incentive from Subaru that pays $100 to $175 per car in addition to the commission. This is dependent on the survey scores received from the customer. There is very little incentive to sell anything at a loss and who in their right mind would sell a bunch of cars at a loss? Edmunds says Outback 3.6R at MSRP = $32220, invoice = $30209, TMV = $31587. AWD Honda Crosstour at MSRP = $34730, invoice = $31257, TMV = $31972. See very little about buying experience, just a lot of bragging about price paid or walking out of a dealership. Poor sales guys that sold all these cars at these prices, their customer service must be worth only a $100 AFTER the sale!! :mad: :mad: :mad: