Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Outback Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Just curious how you get to $600 below dealer cost? Can you shed some lights how you calculate it? Thanks!
  • I am looking for a similar car, what's your price before TTL? Which state did you buy it?
  • I bought the car in Fredericksburg Virginia. I don't have the exact numbers in front of me but it was about $24500. Dealer said it was invoice plus options.
  • @car"pie"
    I used the truecar.com website based on the info that was provided. they provide you with MSRP, Factory Invoice, Dealer Cost ,as well as average paid. All this is based on the options that you input.
    Hope this helps
  • Thanks, kiltman and walkingdead!
  • A reporter is interested in talking with someone who has bought a car, or intends to buy one in November 2011. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, November 18, 2011 and include your contact information.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• We got our Outback in Bensenville, a Chicago suburb. $24,395 was our price before TTL and included the destination charge.
  • car31415926car31415926 Posts: 6
    edited November 2011
    Gattito, congrats on the purchase, that is a great deal! Is it automatic transmission? what's the MSRP and invoice price including destination fee?
  • Mind sharing your quote for the 2.5i Base? Is it about 24k including destination? Which state are you from if you don't mind?

Thanks!
  • austin tx. 2012 outback premium AWP, had quite a few options, MSRP was around 27.8, got it for 25.7k before TTL, about 300 under invoice. good luck, it is an excellent vehicle!
  • Thanks!

Just drove home a 2012 outback 2.5i with Alloy Wheel Package and CVT (also rear bumper cover and floor mats). MSRP is 26.5k, got it for 24.3k before TTL. Appreciate the feedback on this forum.
  • Just ordered our new car! 2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited (without moon roof or PVEZ) in white with Popular Package 1B (auto dimming mirror with compass and home link, floor mats, splash guard and bumper cover). Our out-the-door price was $28,626. By the way, my turn key price was less than the True Car price without ttl. I appreciated all the information from this forum to help me negotiate. Thanks!
  • If you don't mind me asking what was your agreed upon price before TTL. These can vary by state, etc. Thanks
  • I paid $27,250 which included the destination fee of $750.
    MSRP on it is $30,019
    Factory invoice is $28,039
    Dealer cost is $27,162
    I couldn't get another dealer to even talk to me once I got it to this price.
  • Hi, just had a car quoted and want to know if it is a good price. True Car says it's a great price, but I'm not sure how acccurate this is. Quote was for a factory ordered 2.5i Premium CVT car for $28,366 plus taxes, and fees. It is a 2.5i Premium with a number of options and accesories. Options include All-weather, moonroof, auto-dim mirror with camera, puddle lights, body-side molding, splashgauards, cargo nets, and bumper cover, wheel arch moldings, trailer hitch, bumper underguards, side window deflectors, and hood protector. Supposedly, is about $500 under invoice for the car and options. I was also told it could take 3 months from factory. Is this about right? What have others paid for a nicely equipped 2.5i Premium. Thanks.
  • tripeltripel Posts: 12
    edited November 2011
    Seems like a great deal. It also seems to vary depending on where you are. Im in the NYC tri-state area and have had a hard time getting dealers to go down in price. Pretty much I've seen is getting the actual sticker price out the door (ie getting him down as much as the ttl cost.). 31k for a 2.5 limited with moonroof

EDIT -- sorry, misread this a limited, not premium. At 500 below invoice that's not amazing -- you should be about to do better. As above, if you can get out the door for their listing price (ttl included) then that seems good to me. Others agree?

Cheers
  • Subaru has just lifted a "stop-ship" which was caused by a faulty master cylinder in the OB, Impreza, and Legacy built between 10/17 and 11/23 or so. Shipping should resume shortly so any buyers may want to wait till inventories have come up before venturing out to their dealerships. Better deals may be had if they end up being overstocked. I guess they had thousands on the lots in Indiana.
  • Hi All,

We received a quote from a dealer for an outback 2.5i Limited with moonroof package.

MSRP: $31,706
    Dealer Offer: $29,300 including destination charge.

I'm a new buyer and I just want to know if this is a good deal.

Thanks,
    Lon
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,269
    That's $500 under invoice, so yes, that's a good deal.
  • achalachal Posts: 2
    Hello,

Sounds like you got a good deal. I am also looking to buy a new Subaru Outback, hopefully in next two weeks. Can you tell me the name of the dealership you bought your outback from ?

thanks!