Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Outback Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kfx2005kfx2005 Posts: 6
    thanks a lot.
  • After driving the 12' limited and 13' limited with identical options (PWR Moonroof, All-Weather PKG, puddle lights, rear net, bumper cover, etc..) back to back our decision was easy. I also spent days on other forums researching complaints in regards to lane wandering and trans. issues. To us the 13' felt more planted and had a smoother transmission. On the 12' that we tested I noted excess vibration from the steering wheel. Tire pressure on both cars was unknown. So this may have been a factor. I was told from multiple people that dealers over inflate the tires to avoid flat spots while sitting on their lots. We were offered the 12' at $26,700 +++ MSRP $31,500. Long story short, we purchased a 13' 2.5i Premium w/ Moonroof, All-Weather PKG, LCV trans, puddle lights, rear net, bumper cover, and splash guards for $25,800 +++ MSRP $29,269. Best advice to anyone trading in is to keep your deals separate. Dealers will show you great numbers on new vehicle and screw you on your trade. I never tell them of my trade until I have their bottom price on their car. Happy shopping!!
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Congrats. Glad to hear the improvements were noticeable.
  • serenity30serenity30 Posts: 5
    edited August 2012
    When I went to look at the dealership there were a lot of 2012 and 2013s. I got a 2012 because I didn't like the grill on the 2013 and I didn't like the new seating fabric look (it reminded me of my grandmothers). I know it is not a good reason since the 2013 have a timing chain instead of a timing belt and have additional features that reduce maintenance cost over the lifetime of the vehicle.

I ended up purchasing a 2012 2.5i Limited (Dual Climate, CVT, HK stereo, AWP, Leather) with splash guards and compass homelink mirror for a total of 26,135 (not including taxes & dh fees) - MSRP was 30682. (They added and installed the splash guards and compass homelink mirror aftermarket for only 100 which was valued at a total of 500.) Thus far I love it. The USB port to connect to the stereo is wonderful and the automatic dual climate control. I plan on changing my car over to synthetic after its first oil change due to the long intervals between oil changes (7500 mi). I did not want a sunroof because I never open it, but I do wish I had the rear backup camera. Subaru does not sell a backup camera without the moonroof, so it will be an aftermarket install by a private company. Definitely get one there is a huge blindspot behind the car. I decided to get the rearview mirror that has one integrated (a huge amount but worth it). I drove one with it and it really helps with backing up the car. I also got a clear bra for the Colorado mountain driving. Thus far I love my car and I do not regret not getting a 2013 but we will see if that changes. I do regret though having payments for the first time ever.
  • bluberyblubery Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,

I'm on the verge of ordering a 2013 Outback 3.6R Limited. I just need to figure out if the price I've been quoted for the vehicle is a fair price. Below is the quote, excluding sales tax, license fee, and a $150 "documentation fee".

I would love to hear any comments you may have regarding the reasonableness of the prices in this quote.

Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------

Basic Vehicle:
    Outback 3.6R Limited $30,034
    Destination & Delivery $ 795
    Moonroof: $ 1,203

Basic Vehicle Total $32,032

Port Installed Accessories:
    Popular Package #2: $ 533
    Includes:
    Rear Bumper Cover
    Splash Guards
    Wheel Arch Molding Kit
    All-Weather Floor Mats
    Rear Seat Back Protector

Body Side Molding $ 170
    Hood Protector $ 65
    Moonroof Air Deflector $ 72
    Trailer Hitch $ 417
    Cargo Net-Rear Seat Back $ 42

Port Installed Accessories Total $ 1,299

Discount offered by retailer –$ 300

Retailer Installed Accessories:
    Rear Bumper Corner Moldings $ 89
    Side Window Deflectors $ 298
    Cargo Organizer $ 70
    Sunshade $ 75
    Valve Stem Caps $ 15

Retailer Installed Accessories Total $ 547

Grand Total $33,578
  • fungjowfungjow Posts: 4
    Is this for real? If so, congrats, but I'm getting high 26 quotes for this same setup in NYS. Anyone else getting this same quote?
  • samdarsamdar Posts: 4
    I am in MA and getting:

2013 Premium
    automatic
    all weather package

best offer so far ins $25,590 out the door (tax title....) for $27,673
  • kfxkfx Posts: 1
    I'm in NY, can I go to your dealer buy this car? would you mind tell your dealership name?
    In the final throws of negotiations and I am looking at a 2013 premier with automatic and all weather package. Lowest price so far is :
    25,289 with out the door (tax fees...) for 27318 (6.25% tax here in MA. Am I wrong in thinking i should be able to push this price down into the mid 24s?
  • easypareasypar ColoradoPosts: 173
    Considering getting a '13 OB limited (our 2010 Legacy is at 60K miles already) and thought I'd run this by the group.

I like the new Metallic Brown (can't remember the exact name of it) which requires the Special appearance package. Normally I wouldn't care for some of the stuff included in that package, like Nav, but have to take the bad with the good. I like the two position memory for the driver's seat and the color of the leather. It's a 2.5 liter, PZEV
    Anyway, with the body side molding, puddle lights and wheel locks it comes in at

MSRP of $34,598
    Invoice is $31,908.
    Dealer quote(not including transportation fee) is $30,898.

Several of this color are around at local dealrs but they are all 3.6 liter so it would have to be ordered. I haven't confired the prices on here or Subaru site but they look like what I saw a month or so ago. Any thoughts? BTW, this is in Colorado.

Thanks

easypar
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,276
    I cannot comment too much on the specifics, easypar, but I will say that the price looks pretty decent and I agree with you on that interior!

Why have you decided to shift gears and look at an Outback? I mean to say, from your perspective as a same-gen Legacy owner, what lessons have you taken from that ownership that led you to now consider an Outback instead?
  • I purchase my car through Shortline in the internet sales division which means bare minimum pricing. I would try them. Since your price is under invoice for a 2013 I think it sounds like a great deal. You might want to look into getting a backup camera with your car if yours doesn't come with it. Also I know that Heuberger down in the Springs usually takes about 2700 off of MSRP which is the exact number you have. That is probably one of the best offers - I say go for it.
    When we bought the Legacy my wife asked if I didn't want an OB, but our other car is a Lexus RX330 and there was something about having 2 SUV's simultaneously, weird I know. In the 33 months we've had the Legacy we've put almost 60K miles on it because it gets better mileage than the Lexus and has the MP3 connection.
    We're not sure which of the current vehicles we'd trade for the OB, the Lexus is an '04 but only has 73K miles for the above reason. If we trade the Legacy she'd probably opt for something smaller next time. Other than driving vacations (which we've had many lately) neither car gets a lot of miles on it as our city has just about everything we need without going very far afield.

If we order it will take about 6-10 weeks to get here.

Thanks for the feedback.

easypar
    I'm not very familiar with Shortline but know some people who have gone to the Springs to save a few bucks from Heuberger. Frankly I'm not that interested in going that far. We have Subie stores in Longmont, Greeley, Fort Collins, Boulder and Loveland.

I saw one on the lot at one dealership last week and stopped because I wanted to see/feel the paint and interior up close. When there I noticed they had a sign on the wall about their $495 "paperwork" charge. The sign included the words "additional profit". Yeah, no kidding! If you're not competent enough to make a go of it one what Subaru USA offers I kind of doubt your willingness to deal honestly with me on follow ons. For the record this particular store was about $600 above my final price on my Legacy 3 years ago.

Thanks for your input and I'll keep you posted on our decision.

easypar
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    An early congrats, then.

In CR testing the Legacy got better mileage than the Accord, both H4 vs. I4 and H6 vs. V6.
    edited August 2012
    I am in the Northeast and have a dealer offering a 2013 outback limited for 27,500 out the door for 29,600 (tax, reg, 359 dealer fee. This is the best deal I have found around. What do people thing?
    It's probably good, but without knowing what all you've got for options; sunroof, PZEV, and other items, there's really not enough info for us to tell.

easypar
    no extras except the PZEV. MSRP is 30,190
  • This is my first OB. We bought 2013 4 Door Wagon H4 Automatic 2.5i Premium PZEV REAR SEATBACK PROTECTOR,REAR BUMPER COVER,SPLASH GUARDS,ALL-WEATHER + MOONROOF for $25801 ( out of door 28434).

Do you think this is good price?
  • What dealer is this price from? what was your MSRP on your 2013? I am in Sothern CA, and the best price on a Premium, All Weather Pkg, Moonroof + a few goodies like puddle lights, spalsh guards, bumper cover, I can find with an MSRP of (29,583) is $26,844 + TTL. Your price is 1k less and sounds like the best price i have seen. would love to know what dealer. thanks.