Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Outback Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dmuzykadmuzyka Posts: 31
    Don't be blown away. It was the 2.5...
  • rocker1584rocker1584 Posts: 12
    edited June 2013
    Followup on my ordering process...

I planned to self-install an aftermarket hitch, but I talked myself into the OEM tow hitch (non-OEM hitch invalidates warranty) and got it for +$400, so total will be 33,900 (no TTL).
    Some dealers want over $800 for the hitch + installation. Tow hitch MSRP = $557 ~ Remote start MSRP = $450

It basically worked out to over $5,000 off MSRP (over $2700 below dealer cost).

2014 Outback 3.6R Limited SAP + hitch + remote start, for under 34K is a great deal.
    Note: This took me weeks of research, and hours of negotiating.
    Actually, 2300+ below dealer cost would be more accurate. Not 2700.
    Sorry for the misinformation :confuse: :blush:
  • magdalene76magdalene76 Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    32750 + 1500 tax... including navi, moonroof, mats, splashguard, rear seat protector, puddle lights, mirror with homelink, rear camera, bumper cover, keyless start, usb, bluetoth
    Does that price sounds OK?
    edited June 2013
    32K would be a better deal, IMO, if you go with the 13. Just gotta squeeze the right dealer. The 14s are hitting lots now.

I ordered a 14 3.6R Limited + SAP (which has EyeSight, unlike the 13) + remote start and hitch for not much more than that.

Things to take into account with the 13 SAP: No EyeSight, slightly more depreciation than the 14, and in your case no remote start or hitch. I would spend the extra grand or so and get the 14.

Here's the same thing that I ordered ~ 14 3.6R Limited SAP (Deep Indigo):
    http://postimg.org/gallery/c5g3qm0s/2c336631/
  • Problem is this is the only one in state and dealer took it off inventory so no other dealership can bid on it.
  • Also I plan to keep it until it's dead just like my last car and I don't want eyesight... kind of like to have full control of the car even if I crash god forbid...
    edited June 2013
    Just order one from whatever dealer (in or out of state) can do it the cheapest, and just wait the 6-8 weeks for it to be delivered. This way you get exactly what you want for a good price.

If you want the 13 then 32K should be doable on what you described.

Pays to be patient :)
  • jhelgesonjhelgeson Posts: 1
    End of May got a 3.6r Limited w/moon roof (and weather package), side molding, puddle lights, and stuff like bumper protector and back of rear seat protector. Had a mirror with a compass put on. No Nav, SAP or Eyesight. The 2014 were on the way. $31,000 plus TTL.
  • dmuzykadmuzyka Posts: 31
    Subaru sent out a $500 coupon today to folks who (I guess) inquired about Outbacks recently. Good until July 1.
  • terpfan73terpfan73 Posts: 2
    You are correct, my purchase was a 2013 Outback, except for the model year mistake, other facts were correct. By the time I realized my mistake, it was too late to correct it.

I've had the car about 6 weeks now and absolutely love it. Only complaint is the nav system which is really poor, but I knew that going in. I use the nav on my android phone which is super. Getting about 22 MPG around town, no long trips yet. 6 cylinder engine is great on hills, passing, or merging onto freeways. Also like the chocolate brown leather, keyless entry and memory seats for driver.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

I've heard that the Navigation system is quite poor. That's a shame. Hopefully it can be corrected with future firmware updates or something.

The beauty of the 13 is that you can drive it, while I'm stuck waiting in anticipation :cry:
    edited June 2013
    Something to note about EyeSight is that some insurance companies will take around 20% off if you have it, so it might pay off in savings. Even if you don't use it, it's there if you ever decide to.

In any case, if it's enabled and you're driving properly, you won't really notice that it's there (except in an emergency situation, in which case it could be of great use).

I'm mostly interested in the convenience of adaptive cruise though.
  • Been looking at 2013 outback and got this quote. Is this a good price or need to haggle more

msrp $29,385

quote 25,807.00 + TT&L

2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/All-Weather Pkg/Moonroof

Included Packages

All-Weather Package & Moonroof Package ($1,945)

All-Weather Package
    Moonroof Package
    Heated Exterior Mirrors
    Heated Front Seats
    Windshield Wiper De-Icer

Additional Options

All Weather Floor Mats
    Ice Silver Metallic Body Side Molding
    Moonroof Package
    Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror w/Homelink
    Rear Bumper Cover
    Rear Seat Back Protector
    Splash Guards
  • I got the exact same car but in graphite gray for $26000 in may 2013. Now that 2014s have come, you could probably go a bit down. It also depends on the inventory the dealer has and the preference of color. When I was looking for a car there were a very few graphite grays around from the dealer I had bought and I was fixed on the color choice.
  • Within the last six months, the ride quality of our Premium Outback with less than 28,000 miles seems to have changed during city driving. My rear seat passenger complains about the roughness of the ride and I have to agree, even from front seats. I would never have purchased the car with this kind of ride.

The dealer checked the car out and lowered the tire pressure but otherwise said they detected no problem. I plan on bringing it back in. Has anyone else had a problem?
  • godeacsgodeacs Posts: 481
    Might have better luck posting in another thread...this one is for prices paid, etc, not maint issues......
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,269
    Have to agree with godeacs on that one! Mostly likely, though, your stock tires are ready to be replaced. You'll be amazed at the difference quality rubber will make on your car's ride! ;-)
  • ouch3ouch3 Posts: 3
    Is this a good deal? The car less than 4k miles on it. It was bought new in August 2012 for $32,700. It has the rearview camera, moon roof, heated leather seats, upgraded speakers, remote start, mud flaps, and the 7 yr/70k mile Gold Plus service contract. Carfax checks out. Clear title. It seems like a good deal to me, but I want to hear other opinions. Thanks.