Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Outback Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Sounds like a deal.

I came close to a lightly used 06 Tribeca, and it was probably a program car.

We ended up getting a new minivan for the sheer space it offered.
  • yixia75yixia75 Posts: 3
    MSRP: 28834
    Invoice: 26853 (including the destination fee)
    Rebate: 1000 +0% APR

Tax: 9.2% in Washington state

We got the 24888(total vehicle price) + tax + 50 (doc)+200(licence)= 27520

Not sure if it is a good deal or not.
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,269
    $1000 under invoice? Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

9.2% tax? Ouch. :cry:
  • yixia75yixia75 Posts: 3
    That's Washington State. :cry: :cry: :cry:
    We should be able to get the tax back for 300 dollars based on our tax rate if they still have the sales tax exemptions.

No state tax though.
  • anton58anton58 Posts: 1
    after a lot of research I discovered 2 dealers here in Co who had 10 lo mileage (16-22k) 06 outback wagon for sale..after a lot of back and forth I managed to buy one with 19k miles for $400 below the edmunds listed price for a private party sale...of course I used one dealer against the other in terms of pricing.. suggest now maybe the time to buy from the leased return fleet..from a big dealer..
    other thoughts?
    Sounds like you did well. Program cars are usually sold for dealer prices, and you beat private party. Congrats.
  • kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Posts: 1,747
    When researching at Lithia Subaru, OR, the '08 Outbacks were getting hefty discounts thanks to Subaru's program and other factors. One '08 XT Limited was going for around $2000 below MSRP (there were relatively few of those in the area).

By comparison, the limited supply '09 Foresters, while sold under sticker, didn't hit Invoice.

I ended up with Forester (liked its handling and responsiveness compared to posher but somewhat sluggish Outback ).
    Anyone heard about a Guaranteed Trade-in Program for the Forester? I was hoping one would appear for April.
  • brb729brb729 Posts: 3
    Went to NH this weekend and bought a blue 2008 2.5i 8DC for $20,300 out the door. Feels like a pretty great deal especially since this is replacing a 2007 2.5i 8DC that I recently totaled and that cost me $21,181, thought rebates are $1,500 now as opposed to $750 then.
    Pretty amazing price. Congrats. :shades:
  • Is anyone getting below invoice for a 08 Outback 2.5i? Reason I ask is that through my company we are offered a program where we can buy a subie at invoice prices for the car+options, and can also take advantage of the rebates/financing options. Thanks for the help. Going to look heavily this weekend.
  • brb729brb729 Posts: 3
    I got mine below invoice at ed reilly in concord,nh. Invoice was $22,985. I got it for $20,300 out the door + 0 percent financing. (that obviously included the $1,500 rebate) which brings it up to $21,800 still $1,000 below invoice. I highly recommend emailing all dealers within the radius you are willing to travel first using a fitzmall price as a reference. I had 4 dealers within 100 miles offer me below invoice prices.

Hope this helps
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Don't forget the Invoice and MSRP for cars sold in New England are different than the rest of the country IIRC.

-mike
  • julecatjulecat Posts: 2
    I just traded my 2002 outback LL Bean for a 2008 outback 2.5i. I am not happy with the 2.5i because I was so use to the larger engine, leather seats, moon roof, etc. in my 2002. My question is when would be the best time to trade up to the LL Bean edition without losing money? I would love to do it right away but am afraid it would be costly. Can someone tell me the optimal time to do this. Thanks.
    There is no more LL Bean however, they do sell an H6 version w/ all the same options. As far as upgrading financially it would be after 3 years IIRC that you get the best trade-in value compared to how much you owe. At that time there will be the 2010 or 2011 Outbacks out which will be larger with a 3.6L engine available.

-mike
    Wait for a GTP letter, i.e. Subaru's guaranteed trade-in program.

I heard they may soon offer that for the 2009 Forester. Last year they had it for the 2008 Impreza when it came out.

Generally Subaru offers more than you would otherwise get from a wholesale trade.

You're still going to take a hit - you got a new car and are trading in a used car, but it won't be as bad with GTP.
  • tifightertifighter WAPosts: 1,350
    I just traded my 2002 outback LL Bean for a 2008 outback 2.5i. I am not happy with the 2.5i because I was so use to the larger engine, leather seats, moon roof, etc. in my 2002.

Is anyone going to ask it? ;)
    Let's not go there. :D

Oil is close to $125 a barrel, so the trade-off is worth it.
  • tazman8tazman8 Posts: 1
    Any opinions on 100K mile warranty - i'm looking at buying an Outback, and wondering what best price i should pay extra for warranty, and if y'all think its useful, thanks
    Even though I work on Subies, I still get the extended Subaru Gold warranty. Well worth the money, considering how expensive repair costs are these days.

-mike