Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Baja Prices Paid and Buying Experience

2»

Comments

• beebee13beebee13 Posts: 38
    I live in SoCal and I REALLY like the Baja.......my husband and I were just wondering about dealerships, and what kind of service you all get? There are very many dealerships around so we are a bit wary. ">
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Actually, having many around you gives you leverage, and you can always change if you're not happy.

Generally dealers are hit or miss, but SoA is pretty good about it. 800-SUBARU3 in case you have issues, but having a choice in dealers is a big plus.

-juice
  • acceleratoraccelerator Posts: 136
    I'm glad to see that the Baja will be around for 2006. Here in Dallas, TX, there doesn't seem to be that many Baja's running around (I think I see more Lamborghini's running around actually).

Question 1) When will the dealerships start expecting to get in the 2006 models (or better yet, when will Subaru start trying to clear out their 2005's? But then again, the dealerships here don't have that many to begin with.

Question 2) Any significant changes in store for 2006 model (for example, reading these forums, I learned that the 2004's sat 1inch higher than the 2003)?

Thanks
    -Accelerator (can you tell which model I want?) :P
    Turbo? :D

-juice
  • My local dealer is advertising an automatic 2005 Subaru Baja Baja Turbo for $22,795. Installed options include:

FLOOR MATS ALL WEATHER
    AUTO-DIMMING MIRROR/COMPASS
    BED EXTENDER
    CARGO NET BED

The Invoice Price $24,195. The MSRP is $26,209. You think I can get it lower than $22,795?
    There's not a whole lot of margin there for them to deal with. I think the price is fair.

-juice
  • Looking at a '04 Turbo with 53000 miles, automatic, no leather, alloy wheels--16,900 :confuse: good deal?? please let me know... Really like the car (other than mpg :cry: ) beautiful color White Frost pearl with Silverstone-- looks GREAT -- hopefully you all will tell me it's a AWESOME deal and I'm stupid if I haven't bought it already!!!

look forward to your responses... :shades:

---Sarge
    That's almost new, wow, great price. Miles are high but they MUST be highway miles if they piled on 53k in a year or so.

Jump on it.

Shoot, I'm tempted and I wasn't really shopping for a Baja!

-juice
  • Ended up getting it-- Very happy with it so far-- runs great-- 60k service about 325 here at the dealer-- I live on post and post can do it for about 25% less... not too bad-- drove it hom (280 miles) on pass and got 23 mpg one way, 21 the other so not too shabby there-- so far averaging 18 around town-- will keep you all posted!! So far I am a happy camper!!! :D :D

Sarge
    Cool, congrats. Also join the Subaru Crew threads under Owners Clubs. Plus we have a live chat every Thursday night.

-juice
  • Anyone have the inside scoop for the incentives for 2006? The current promotions end 01/03/2006 (they've been extedned once here in Texas).

I read post #38 "for a automatic 2005 Subaru Baja Baja Turbo for $22,795 (Installed options include: FLOOR MATS, ALL WEATHER AUTO-DIMMING MIRROR/COMPASS, BED EXTENDER,
    CARGO NET BED). The Invoice Price $24,195. The MSRP is $26,209. You think I can get it lower than $22,795?" Call me dumb, can you actually get a Baja Turbo equipped that way for under $22,800? That configuration is exactly the way I want mine equipped! I'm hoping my local dealer would be interested in dealing since they have had the same Baja's on the lot now for over two months (sport and Turbo models).

I'd also be interested in knowing what you guys (and gals) thought about the Pros and Cons of normal seats vs leather seating (please give explanations of your replies, please). I will have a dog with me occassionally.

Thanks,

-Accelerator
2»
This discussion has been closed.