Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Quest Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gdog13gdog13 Posts: 1
    were did you buy your nissan quest and how did u get it at that price also what features did the quest come with im from ventura county so cal
  • karkrzykarkrzy Posts: 3
    Power Nissan at El Monte. It was advertized in LA Times Saturday edition. Now that the rebate has increased to $2000 I expect you can easily find these deals. Mine was a base-model with Seat package/floor-mats and couple of other irrelevant stuff like air filter etc.
  • Hi all.

Just completed the purchase of my wife's new Quest on 3/19. It's a beauty, Black SL with SkyView, DVD, and some minor stuff.

Sticker was around 31200.

I emailed two dealers (Peters in Nashua, NH and Bouchard in Fitchburg, MA) thru edmunds and told them that i was going to buy a Quest, I knew exactly what I wanted, and I needed the best possible price.

The Salesperson from Bouchard called me back right away and asked if I could bring my trade (2004 Ford Explorer) in on Saturday, and that they had the car I wanted on the lot. She knew I knew the numbers and she said she'd break out the invoice.

Was greeted by her and the sales manager, they cut right to the chase - buy the one on the lot and you can have it for invoice. Plus, he hooked me up with some 4.5% 60mo financing that allowed me to still take the 2000 cash.

Total price - 26400 after the cash back. My advice is, dont pay over invoice and be sure to get some dealer competition going.
  • gonzasgonzas Posts: 2
    Hiya, first time poster, first time soon to be Nissan owner

Great site / forums, really helped me make informed choices. After a day picking through the forums, I felt like I knew more about the car than the dealer.

here's my soon to be '05 Quest 3.5SL

3.5SL
    3.5SL upgrade
    Seat Package (does anyone NOT get this? :P )
    Single DVD Package
    Leather / Bose Package
    Skyview Package
    XM Radio
    Floor mats
    Cargo Cover
    Splash Guards

Smoke w/ gray interior

paid $29,500 bfore tax / title. little over 32k total

I think I did ok, what do you guys think?
  • vinhphucvinhphuc Posts: 44
    Hi,
    My wife and I plan to buy a mini-van in the next few weeks. One of our top choices is the Nissan Quest. I've been reading the discussion boards about it, and now have a few questions before heading to the dealers. We're interested in the Quest 2005 SE model with the DVD entertainment system (mono or dual, we're not sure at the moment). That's the only option we'd like to get. My first question is, "Has anyone in the Rockville, MD area bought a Quest with the option I just described, and what was the paid price?". Preferably I'd like to know about a purchase made within the last 2-3 months so that the info is still updated; although any earlier date (within 6 months) will still be helpful. Second, since the purchase have you experienced any problem(s) as described in the "problems and solutions" discussion board? If so, was it resolved and was the dealer helpful in fixing the problems? Finally how was your purchase experience at the dealer? Thank you for sharing the info.
    Hi,
    I'm wondering whether you bought the Quest SE since you posted your message, I figure your area (Fairfax, VA) and the date of your message are closed enough to now so your price is still accurate. Please let me know how much you paid for your mini-van. Also did you consider Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey (not that I want to start another Quest vs minivan X battle!)? Thanks.
  • tamu2002tamu2002 Posts: 758
    Hi all, we're interested in a base or S model in the greater Seattle area. Could somebody from this area give some suggestions on pricing and good dealer/salesperson? We live in Sammamish and are willing drive 50 miles for a great deal. So far from my limited research, The Everet dealer seems to have the best deals, especially on the left over 04 models which have $3500 rebates compared to $2000 on the 05s.

Also, we'll buy after tje current 2K rebate expire. Any chance Nissam will extend the rebate or even make it better? Thanks!
  • reuel3reuel3 Posts: 114
    Forum members may provide the name of a dealership, but they may not provide the names of salespeople.
    Hi,
    I've recently got a few quotes from dealers about a Quest SE model. The options we requested are DVD dual screen system, seat packgage and running boards. The best quote so far has been 31,000.35 (including tax, tags, and processing fees). For the MD area, has anyone found a better price? A dealer told me that although I only wanted the options cited above, things like cargo cover, floor mats, splash guards, etc. are already on the vans (ALL?), so the price will be higher than what I expected. Is that true or just another gimmick to make money on the consumer? Thanks for the info.
  • jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    It's a gimmick. You don't want those items ...so don't pay for them. Or tell dealer to throw in for free or you'll take you're business elsewhere.If floor mats aren't included in a $30,000 van.......well....I'm speechless.
    Does anyone know the current rebate status now that the $2K one expired? Thanks.
  • 953953 Posts: 3
    I have been quoted $29700 for Quest SE with seat package, splash guards, floormats, running boards, cargo cover, and dual dvd. Can I do better?
  • garandmangarandman Posts: 524
    I't s posted in the Incentives section here.
    That rebate question of mine was kind of lame. The information was updated at Edmunds.com within a few days. Today I was quoted 1% below invoice for a S model. The price is around $20.5K. What do you guys and gals think? Thanks.
    Where are you located? The best quote I've got so far is ~31K from Darcars Nissan in rockville, MD area, and that's for the same SE you said. I haven't tried to seriously negotiate though. I posted a message about 3 weeks ago asking the same question you did but didn't get any good answer. Please let me know how it turns out for you.
    Unfortunately you misread my friend. It was an S model and not SE. I'll post what eventually transpires.
  • paanmcpaanmc Posts: 4
    Bought a new Quest right at the end of March, to get the $2k rebate as part of Nissan's "Drive to 1 million" (turns out it seems the rebate is still on? -- Nissan web site shows it til May 31). I'm eligible for VPP (Supplier) pricing, so the base price was slightly (about $100) below invoice, plus the rebate, so we got a pretty good deal. My feeling, however, is that it should be possible to get close to invoice for others as well, based on what I've been hearing around town (SW Ohio). So we ended up down around $26.5 for a nicely equipped Majestic Blue SL:
    - Skyview Glass Paneled Roof
    - DVD Entertainment System (Single Screen)
    - 3.5 SL Upgrade Package
    - Seat Package
    - Floor Mats
    - Cargo Cover
    -- just about everything short of the leather seats.
    We originally thought we didn't want the DVD, since we don't let our kids watch much TV even at home, but all the SL's in stock had the DVD, so we took that as a sign that it would probably be hard to resell if it did not have it (plus, I'm sure we'll find it to be an asset for long drives to Grandma's house, afterall, but haven't yet told the kids it there :P )
    The buying experience itself went pretty good. Of course, with VPP pricing there was no need to negotiate much, although I was a bit worried because this same dealership had refused to give me supplier pricing when I bought my 2001 Mazda Tribute, and I ended up going across town for it. This time they seemed motivated (maybe end of the Nissan fiscal year, Q1, and month helped?!) Only haggle point the trade-in on my wife's 98 Passat -- and there wasn't even much haggle there, just take it or leave it, but better than trying to arrange a private sale, especially since it had minor body damage.
    So far we are loving it! Hope it'll be a good workhouse for hauling our 3 toddler and baby seats, as well as after they grow older.
  • 953953 Posts: 3
    I am in Arkansas. We signed the papers and I am picking the van up tomorrow.
    Quest SE in silver mist
    dual dvd
    seat package
    running boards
    splash guards
    cargo cover
    floor mats
    $31700 - $2000 rebate = $29700
    I have been extremely pleased with the whole deal so far. No haggling involved, just a fair price. Time with F&I was no pressure and took maybe 15 minutes. This is our first Nissan and so far I couldn't be happier with the service we have received.
    Hi there, have you had any experience carrying grocery bags AND a double stroller in the back well? My wife and I are worried about the lack of space in the back without the split seating. Thanks!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,896
    Hi tamu2002,
    You'll get more feedback from those who currently own the Quest if you post your question in our regular Nissan Quest 2004+ discussion instead of this one, which is focused on pricing.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This van we're interested in has over 400 miles on it. Apparently it's been test driven the heck out of it. I've gotten the dealer to drop the price below $20K. Is this a good buy? Thanks.
  • doljestdoljest Posts: 1
    I'm considering a Quest S. Has anyone out there purchased one in Western New York? If so can you provide some guidance on dealerships, best deals? Thanks.
    Man, what a journey it has been! This evening we finally made the committment and bought a base S model for $650 under invoice (yes, you read right). After the 2K rebate, the price was $21751, and we paid a hair below $24K out of the door. The van has floor mats, splash guards, microfilter, cargo cover and cargo organizer. Too bad this van was made right after Nissan's price increase, otherwise we could've gotten it for $252 less. But we spent the extra $300 (after tax) for the color we liked. The van is still in transit on the delivery truck. Our sales person was nice enough to offer to deliver the van to our home when it gets there. I'll post a review once we get it. This dealership is a little out of the way, but the trip was worth it. Mainly worked with the salesperson over the phone. They have a flat pricing of $500 below invoice, so most of the back and forth was about locating the vehicle we wanted. We were fortunate to have 2 dealers offer us $500 below invoice, but this one had a lower out of the door price (lower misc. fees) and the saleperson was extremely pleasant to work with. what a difference this makes in the overall buying experience. They also found a better rate of 4.99 for 60 months. I'd highly recommend this dealer to anyone buying in the pacific northwest. :shades:
    My wife and I went back and forth between the Quest and the DGC SXT. It came down to the price. The Quest we bought has standard side curtain airbags, traction control, 4 wheel disk ABS, power passenger side door, power liftgate, parking sonar assist, power rear flip out window, and of course the small stuff like floor mats, splash guards, microfilter, cargo cover and cargo organizer. To get those things in a Dodge Grand Caravan SXT, we would've paid about $23K, 1K more than the Nissan. We tried real hard in the beginning to get the DGC, but sort of gave up on it once we realized it wasn't gonna happen for $22K. The feature we miss the most in the Caravan is the 3rd row plit seating. We love the 2nd row stow-n-go as well, but the Quest's 2nd row almost folds flat although without the two storage wells. On the other hand, we love the Quest's vast head and leg room, big and comfy seats, and its modern querky looks inside and out ;) We also considered the base model Quest which doesn't have the power door and hatch and rear sonar but is $15K cheaper. Finally we decided it'd be worth paying the extra for the added convenience. BTW, the Dodge salesperson was very nice to work with. Happy motoring everybody :shades:
  • billncatbillncat Posts: 16
    Recently purchased (within last 2 weeks) an 05 Quest SE with: Seat Package, Dual DVD, Cargo Cover, Floor Mats, Splash Guards. Total 31,498 - 2000.00 rebate = 29,498 plus TTL. This was in Orlando, FL. Invoice is 33,005 on this vehicle.

:shades: :) :blush:
  • woolybwoolyb Posts: 1
    tamu2002 (or anyone),
    I'm in the PNW (north Idaho). I'll buy a 2005 Nissan Quest SE if I can find a $500-below-invoice-before-the-$2000-rebate deal. Could you please give me the names of the dealerships you know? Thank you very much!
    I replied twice but dunno know what happened to it. Anyways, it's Advantage Nissan in Bremerton, WA. Ask for one of the two internet manager (you can find them on their website). Their pricing structure is $500 below invoice, no negotiations. They're very nice and honest folks to work with. But you might be able to find at least invoice price locally so you don't have to make the drive. Best of luck.
  • LDegrelleLDegrelle Posts: 74
    I am in suburbs near King of Prussia, but of coure willing to travel for a deal. I see that they have extended the $2000 rebate once again! I dont know how long I can keep pressing my luck but this might be the time to jump.

If I could find one of those "X below invoice" deals before the rebate, I would be pretty much ready to go.
    Here in the Northwest, I got multiple invoice or below invoice offers including two 500 below invoice ones. I'd think with all the hippi people here in this neck of the woods, the Quest would have as good of a market as anywhere else if not better ;) . That being the case, if I could get a killer deal such as ours, you should too on the eastcoast.
  • lumbarlumbar Posts: 421
    How willing to travel? Google Darcars Nissan in Rockville Md. (about 2-2 1/2 hours from Philly) and you'll find some Quest "S" for a little over 21K with seat package and freight (rebate included). I have no experience with them.

P.S. I'm really not following you around :) We're just looking in the same directions.