Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Quest Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• plashenickplashenick Posts: 162
    I have seen lots of 2008's. They are giving $3,500 rebate. I was looking at an 08 SL dual DVD, Seat package, cloth, floor,mats, and splash gaurds for $28,000 - This was when they were giving $2,000 back
  • js76js76 Posts: 4
    I have a 2004 Nissan Quest SL for sale by owner, cloth interior, floor mats, DVD system, rear sensors, automatic sliding doors, 59000 miles, white exterior, beige interior. Any reason dealers trade in value is ridiculous??? Nothing wrong with the van....NOTHING but Nissan dealers are 2-3K under trade :confuse: in value price on KBB.com. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you just roll the negative equity into your new one???? :mad:
  • dtownfbdtownfb Posts: 2,915
    KBB, NADA, Edmunds, etc are just guides and in this market are not very accurate. When trading in a car, the dealer will only give you what they feel they can get at auction. It is not just Nissan but all dealerships. Take a look at this forum on Edmunds

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.ee9c851/35098
  • rssdrssd Posts: 7
    I'm in the maket right now for a used van. I'm located in SoCal. How about yourself?
  • zgrrrlzgrrrl Posts: 146
    I am trying to help my sister research & purchase a new Minivan.

How much would you take in to consideration for a "never titled" demo depreciation?

The Nissan dealer had a 2007 Quest SE demo on the lot w/ 4k miles on it. The only other options added were the Nav & entertainment systems. Edmunds TMV for this vehicle used is 30k. The dealer wanted to sell it for 35k.

Is "never titled" worth 5k?

I am not sure what the total value added should be. Any help on how to research this would be helpful. Thanks!
  • here is my 2 cents...we own 07 SE with DVD entertainment, no NAV..nice van, but gas mileage sucks

In this economy, the demo is used in my mind...and no title is not worth $5K....you need to find out out what a low mile 2007 Quest SE goes at auction, then you know the bottom price..I would offer $30K and see what they say....
    Thanks for the response, nhonickman. Yeah, I think we've decided that unless we can get the actual USED bb value for the '07 then a new '08 w/ rebate is the way to go.

However, what kind of gas mileage are you getting? What was the expectation?
  • We are getting about 16mpg...I figured at least 18mpg
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    A reporter with a large national newspaper is interested in talking with owners who had considered purchasing a Chrysler Town & Country or Dodge Caravan. If you had considered one of these vehicles and purchased another one instead, please contact Chintan Talati at ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Friday, May 9.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• dodgehappydodgehappy Posts: 118
    A dealer a couple of hours away from me is offering top dollar for our trade- which I cant come close to around here. He emailed me with the following vehicle and I am curious what I should be expecting the low end price to be for such a demo vehicle. Any help would be appreciated! Also, should I shy away from Demo vehicles?
    Dealer Email:
    One Quest we have retails at $35,810.00. It is an SL model, with Silver exterior, Sunroof package, dvd system, and the SL leather group. We ordered this vehicle, and tried to order as close to a SE (the top model) as possible. It is a demonstrator and has 5,400 miles. There is also a $3,500.00 reduction from a factory rebate. There is no in-service date yet, so the factory warranty would start from the date of your purchase, and mileage from 0 miles, through 36,000. Also there is a 5 years or 60,000 mile warranty on powertrain components and labor.
    I just recently went through the whole "demo" fiasco on a Quest and after getting some advice from the guys over in the sales forum about the actual VALUE of a demo, decided NOT to go w/ it, because it really isn't a value.

This was the consensus: ANY demo, even though it is NOT titled, is still a used car and should be priced as such. Never being titled brings no extra value save for the fact you get the full warranty. Which you would get anyway with a NEW car which you could pick up for the same price. Same goes for the rebate.

If you really want the demo, find out the blue blue book value (used) of the demo and go from there. The fact that it's never been titled is a red herring.
  • dodgehappydodgehappy Posts: 118
    Thanks for the info, that does make sense. I guess I will see how low they are willing to go on their demo vehicle and go from there.
    I guess on the other hand if we are going to lease and can get a better deal out of the demo vs a new one it may not be such a big deal since I will get rid of it at lease end and dont need to worry about loss of value from the inital mileage? Am I looking at this right?
  • Hey if you are going to leese I would just go for a new 2008 quest No sence in evan looking at this demmo Quest. I would cont adleast 10 dealers to start with and get there bids. What color are you Looking for. Look at FIts Mall in Pa if you are Not to far away.
    Has anyone baught a quest in the new Yor aria I am going to look In to one for My dad he is looking now quest s moddle Not menny options. Thankyou for reading my Posting have a verry good day Guys Marco SOrry about my spelling.
  • does anyone no if Nissan is going to introduce a new quest for 20010 next year at the 2009 auto shows cumming up next year Pleas let me no if anyone has a place to read up on that new moddle of quest any specks and things like that thankyou.
  • man o man no activatiy on this foram for quite sum time lets gett the Nissan quest prices payed foram going post those prices thanks for reading.
  • jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    SOrry about my spelling.

Try using the "Spell Check" feature at the bottom of page. Thanxs.
  • dtownfbdtownfb Posts: 2,915
    I haven't heard much about a Quest for 2010. The minivan market continues to shrink as many people are migrating to crossover vehicles. Of course the new car sales are down so much this year, who knows what is going to happen.

You can keep your eye on this site for future news on the Quest: http://www.nissanhelp.com/Models/2008/Quest/Description.htm
  • thankyou for responding to my posting's cant thankyou enuff. yes I have not heard to mutch about a 200 10 quest new they wher going to make one heard about it last year so who nos with the car markit the way it is. I will look at that websight thankyou so mutch for reading and for the help Marco.
  • ok thankyou Jipstore will do that did not go to the bottam of the page and look I am leaguly blind dont look at the screan would have to go and go to the bottam of the page with my screan reader then do it sorry about it I see you in a nother foram the storyes from the sails frunt what kind of car do you sell cant remembor off the top of my head thankyou for reading.
    Yes sir, I post in the "Stories from the Sales Frontlines" discussion, though I am not a salesman. I'm more of a professional freelance advice giver. I help the salesmen modify their stories to make them more interesting. ;)

We almost bought the NIssan Quest in 2004. My wife really liked it. I liked the front and center console, which I thought was pretty cool. We decided to buy a Mazda MPV instead... which we really have been happy with. Thank you for reading and responding.

Jipster
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,029
    "I'm more of a professional freelance advice giver. "

Professional? Wouldn't that mean you were getting paid? ;)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Professional? Wouldn't that mean you were getting paid?

Well... of course I accept "donations". You know how that works. :shades:
  • hey jipster thankyou so mutch for understanding and responding to my posting. yes the quest is a nice van My dad is thinking of getting that or the Maranno or nissan roge but I think mor the quest Since the family is so big neads the room. has anyone baught one in the past few munths pleas post your byeing prosese hear and price and moddle of Nissan quest. Ps Jipster The Mpv is a grate van to. TO bad they dont make that anymore. My aunt had one she loved it had it for menny years before It got totalled in a crash on a cold snowy day. Ok that is it thankyou so mutch for reading my posting I will see you in the stories from the sails frunt lines foram. I alwas thaught you wher a car sails Man.
  • kravonkravon Posts: 30
    Or more here at dealers in NC
  • which ones? I'm in the triad, in High point, near greensboro/ Winston who's giving out good deals? I just head about Glenn Nissan in Kentucky giving about 10 grand off Quests, and we're getting a price quote and about to take a ride, so tell me who here in NC is offering a deal!!
  • man that sounds grate to me let me no what dealers to. I am in New York might take a ride out there thanks so mutch for reading.
    Modern Nissan, Sheehy Nissan, East Charlotte, South Charlotte, most of them in the Charlotte area. Im sure its not just Charlotte but all over the state.
  • Received a quote for a 3.5 S for 16,870, with TTL it's 17,756 out the door.

Here in NC. we're buying tomorrow. amazing.
    who was the dealer?
  • Crossroads Nissan in Wake forest.

We bought the Silver $26,780 3.5S for $18,003. OTD. this is with 3%tax. We don't have the car yet, because the airbag light came on while test driving it, so we left it with the technicians and they're driving the car to us (about 90 minutes away) so saturday morning, our new quest at an amazing price will be here!