Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Quest Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• It was M'Lady Nissan. I took their 2011 LE. I searched all dealer stock and contacted ones with LE's. Most were quoting $35~$36k for LE with no sunroof. I am sure you can negotiate better price from there. If you are serious about buying from M'Lady, I have some tips and what to avoid when you go in the showroom.
  • moodawgmoodawg Posts: 2
    Nissan has some good deals going on now. I'm looking to buy a 2012 Nissan Quest LE with moon roof (MSRP $44525). Anyone have a good price target I can ask for? Hoping for $37-38k + TT&L + 0.9% 60 months, but not sure if that's reasonable.
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    A reporter would like to speak to someone who owns a minivan or considered purchasing a minivan, but opted for a crossover or SUV. If you own a minivan or considered purchasing one, and you are willing to discuss your decision with a reporter, please email PR@edmunds.com no later than 10 a.m. Pacific /1 p.m. Eastern Thursday, April 12, 2012 with your daytime contact information.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• victord1victord1 Posts: 94
    I was in a similar situation a few months ago. But, I wanted an AWD van, so I was limited to the sienna.

If I was looking for an FWD van, the quest would have been my pick due to its quiet/complience ride and cargo arrangement.

Enjoy your van
  • greekpolisgreekpolis Posts: 2
    i am in the Chicagoland area and have been looking for a demo/used LE. but seems i may be better off with new. I would love to get tips and insight into your buying experience.

thanks in advance
  • If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns the latest model Nissan Quest or Honda Odyssey, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 1, 2012, for use in a print publication. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Friday, November 30, 2012 for a copy of the survey.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• In Florida, the lowest prices I was able to negotiate for Quest SV with leather was $29,985 out the door. I don't think you can get lower than this. I had leverage from another dealer's offer. I was offered the Quest SL for $32,640 out the door, but I think this could be negotiated down closer to $32,000.
  • Best price I received from a dealer in CA on a LE with dual sunroof package is $36,000 before tax and lic., which means it's around $39,XXX out the door. Still think it's a bit high, any thoughts?
  • Hi ds1688,

Is that the price for 2012 or 2013 LE? If it is for 2012, you can still knock down at least another $1K off in my opinion as my local dealer is selling it for around that price without any negotiation.

I am in the market for a 2013 LE with dual moonroofs. Anyone can share their price paid for this trim?

Thanks!!!!
  • xadionxadion Posts: 4
    edited February 2013
    Dealer had on their site 9600 off MSRP about, but that was "January" and I was there Feb 1st and it was only 8600 off now... made "some" of that up in my trade to make the deal... Ended with 27.7k OTD for a 2012 Nissan Quest SL with DVD system, illuminated door stills, cargo net, whole back cargo protector thing, roof rail cross bars, rear cargo rubber cover thing... I purchased the stupid "paint protection" thing as it is platnium graphite- as was my Murano and that paint color shows ANY lovebug mark easy- if I didnt clean them the day of there would be minor pitting- and I had 2 really bad spots on the hood of my Murano from damn bugs that drove me nuts so yes.. I bought the stupid thing, and GAP...although I should have been fine with the deal I got- but better safe than sorry and also extended factory B2B full for 72mo/100k because its my main fam van and the sucker needs to last- I belive it was 30k OTD at the end of the day- paying less than I did on my Murano (although years start over) also decent APR from Nissan, fiance guy cut about 1% to get me to buy the "extras" - so I bet Nissan adds 1-1.5 or even 2 "points" on to start so if your financeing dont forget to haggel the APR down some.

Few days review : Love the quest, drives as solid as the Murano and the new gen CVT is even better! - only gripe is no audio streaming via bluetooth (LE only) and where my leg rests on the center console is not "soft" yet it is on the passanger side? lol? Other than that, best Van ever :-)
  • Hi xadion, Could you let me know the breakdown of the OTD price as you had mentioned that you had traded in, so not clear on what the price for the trade in is. Also if you could share the dealer name and the sales person you dealt with.
  • Internet Sales team (Ted and Hamid are the two people I have delt with at the dealer) @ jenkins nissan lakeland FL

Currently they are showing ~9k off their last 2012 SV and 11k off their last LE

http://www.jenkinsnissan.com/new/Nissan/2012-Nissan-Quest-9fcad3570a0a00de01879b- 9481f4be87.htm

the "MSRP" was about 27k as my trade mostly took care of the taxes etc etc.

Hope this helps people looking to get into what I feel is the best van choice out there- I looked at all the others (Honda, VW, Toyota, and Dodge) and even 3rd row SUVs... for the price a Van just gives you so much more in everything for less green! even better MPGs!
  • That sounds like a great deal do you know what the MSRP was by chance. Thanks.
  • Just purchased our 2012 Quest LE this weekend. Feel like I got a good deal. The MSRP was $43,385 and we got it for $32,988 after rebates/incentives. We got an APR of 2.99% for 72 months. They told us that this was $3000 below their invoice that they paid and then we got the $4000 rebates/incentives from Nissan directly. If anyone has any questions let me know. Had a pretty good experience at the dealership. Thanks for everyone's help.
  • The sticker was about 35k - it is a SL with DVD - that dealer is showing still about 11-12k off their LE for about 33/32k as stated in the poster above- again a great deal on a great van. I would have done the LE if my wife was working sooner than later (maternity leave) but the SL does not leave me wanting...but the LEs perks are really nice, Nav, BT audio...and yes...those stupid sun shades in the back that are LE ONLY (c'mon nissan!) are a nice touch of "This van truely has EVERYTHING"

I will try and find my bill of sale to give a complete rundown if wanted.
  • nxphamnxpham Posts: 13
    Anyone purchase a Quest recently? Is $36600 a good price for an LE with the following packages:
    [B93] SPLASH GUARDS (2-PIECE)
    [B94] ROOF RACK CROSS BARS
    [J02] DUAL PANEL MOONROOF
    [L92] CARPETED FLOOR MATS FOR 1ST 2ND 3RD ROWS
    [M93] CARGO NET
    btw, that's for a 2013.
    Purchased the vehicle tonight. I had a trade-in and was able to get an additional $1500 over KBB trade-in value for it. The Quest ended up being $38446.61 OTD (after factoring in the value of the trade-in). Here are the details:

Quest: 36617
    Taxes & Fees: 1829.61
    OTD: 38446.61

Also found out the Nissan had the vehicle at the recent Dallas Auto Show (March 13-17). Then they sold it to the dealership at a discount, and the dealership decided to pass some of the savings on to the customer. I guess I lucked out b/c the vehicle had no signs of any wear, and it only had 5 miles on the odometer!
  • karenq1karenq1 Posts: 2
    Hi. I got confused by your msg. What did you mean by "after factoring the value of the trade in)? Was the $36,600 the sales price which you then subtracted your trade in value? Thanks!
    My OTD price was $25829.61. What I meant was if I added back in what they gave me for my trade-in, it would be equivalent to $38446.61. That will give you a better idea of what the "true" OTD price was.

The selling price for the 2013 LE I purchased was $36617.

I tried to get them to sell me a different LE (white color) for the same price, but they would not budge. They stated that the discount only applied to that specific car. I had to sign a Nissan VPP form that gave me the military discount of $150. The form showed the dealer invoice as $38868, which is $2780 less than the invoice of $41648 for a "non-discounted" car. So it looks like the dealership purchased that specific car for $2780 less than they normally would any other Quest LE.

Therefore, I think the absolute highest you should pay for a Quest LE with the same options as the one I purchased with the current incentives ($2K off) is $36617+$2780+$150 = $39547. You should be able to work it down under $39000.

If you take away the options I had ($1764 invoice), the price should be no more than $37783.