Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hidden Sport Display - 2015 Kia K900 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2015 in Kia
imageHidden Sport Display - 2015 Kia K900 Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2015 Kia K900 features a nifty, retro-ish sport mode display that gives us a new look on the speedometer and tach.

Read the full story here

Comments

• mptlptrmptlptr Member Posts: 17
    This is the last car that would ever need a sport display like that. Hilarious.
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    mptlptr said:

This is the last car that would ever need a sport display like that. Hilarious.

I don't know. It already has a powerful V8 all Kia would need to do is throw in some Magneride adjustable shocks and tighten the steering and maybe throw in a E-LSD diff and it might surprise you.
  • nagantnagant Member Posts: 176
    Any car with an automatic tans has ZERO need for a tach anyway. Even manual trans really only need upshift lights that come on like racecars have.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited July 2015
    Sure they do - cars (can) run so quiet these days, it helps to have a tach so you don't forget you already cranked it and try to restart it after, say, putting your seat belt on.

Don't have that issue with my current minivan but I've done that "restart" thing a couple of times in testers and rentals.

I suppose you could have a disclaimer scrolling across the touchscreen that says It's Running Dummy! :D
  • henry4hirehenry4hire Member Posts: 106
    So does that mean you never put it in sport mode this whole time? I drove that car for a few days and figured that out immediately.