Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda MPV Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    According to Edmunds, the rebate on the 2005 MPV is $2,250, go thru Mazda financing is another $1,000. And cash to dealer(which you should be able to get)for marketing support bull is $750. So, you're looking at 4 grand right there. Figure on paying about $1,000 over invoice for the Ody EX-L(popular)depending on market. Probably get the MPV at invoice or $500 under depending on your negotiating skills. I think the rebate on the MPV will go higher. Was $3,500 this time last year. A lot of MPV's on lots...should be able to get for $5,000 less than Ody.
  • audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    In the northeast region the 2005 has $3000 customer cash and $1000 MAC cash for financing with mazda......These incentives make the MPV a super value that is hard to beat.
  • charlotte7charlotte7 Posts: 144
    Yes and my local dealer is advertising $6000 off MSRP in our paper. I think I may end up buying an MPV later this year if I don't like the DGC SWB van better.
  • osufans2osufans2 Posts: 14
    Any success in negotiating for the dealer holdback of 2%? I am looking at the MPV-ES with invoice of ~ $27,500. With the $3000 customer cash and the $1000 financing, it brings it down to $23,500. With the 2% hold back on base MSRP, that's another $560 left on the table.
  • kgm2004kgm2004 Posts: 1
    Please help. The dealer I went to offered me a 2005 MPV LX, silver color, with 1300 miles (demo) for 17000 +tax+tag+title+doc fee. MSRP sticker says 23540, Tag+title+doc fee seems to be approx 500. Is this a good deal ???? :confuse:
    Tag and title should be no more than...what? $50? So, $450 in doc fees is about $350 to much. See if he'll lower the tag,title and doc fee at least $300-$350. There are a lot of MPV's on dealers lot...so you are in the drivers seat on this one. See what rebates and incentives are in your area..subtract from invoice...around $22,000 for the base LX. So, if rebate is $3,000...brings dealer price down to $19,000. Meaning he is taking off 2k for a van with 1300 miles. Sounds like a fair price...may be able to go lower. Good luck.

After looking at my post I remember several people saying $5,000 off MPV being fairly common. So, for a demo try to get the doc fee lower and see if you can get the van for $16,000.Start to walk out...see what the salemen do. You can always go back.
  • jc9799jc9799 Posts: 70
    Not a bad price. We got our's a month ago, $6000 off MSRP. Sticker was $24,095 (LX with rear AC). I've seen ads since then for even more off sticker. Usually, one of those "1at this price" things. (Usually on a loaded ES stickering at around $33,000 or so. :P )

Anyway, it sounds like a pretty good deal, but perhaps you could do better. ;) Good luck!
    you can always try to haggle anything....but if things get ugly don't be surprised.
    "but if things get ugly don't be surprised"

That's an interesting response after reading your bio indicating you are a dealership manager. Perhaps you should define ugly? What sort of "ugly" tactics do you teach/allow your salespeople to use on a customer? If the customer does not initiate any ugliness...how could things "get ugly". I would take my business elsewhere if a sales associate or manager started getting "ugly" with me.
    What sort of "ugly" tactics do you teach/allow your salespeople to use on a customer?

Drop the attitude. I didnt read anywhere in my post that I teach my salespeople ugly tactics. I jsut made a statement based on what I read on edmunds.

If you go thru edmunds posts you will see all kinds of issues related to holdback. The one theme that seems to ring true is how the entire attitude of the sale changes when a customer gets into a holdback issue. Maybe you should ask the people who are posting on here about their bad holdback experiences.
  • subearusubearu Posts: 3,613
    Regarding S-Plan: is there a 'fee' for using S-Plan? I've seen some people reporting they were charged an 'assessment' fee or other charge (typically $199 or so) that seems to be region specific.

-Brian
    Apologies...it appears I misinterrpreted the intent of your post.It seemed you were speaking from your own personnal experience as manager. You didn't indicate you speaking of anything otherwise.

Yes, I agree...to go after everything AND holdback could possible lead to things getting ugly. From what I have read on Edmunds... the "ugliness" from trying to get holdback has come from the salepeople/managers. It's up to the salespeople and managers to maintain a professional and curtious demeanor...even if they are getting their tailfeathers ruffled by someone going after holdback. Again...if things start to get "ugly", I would take my business elsewhere.
    In many regions Mazda charges it's dealers an AD fee...(regional assessment). This fee ranges from $150-450 depending on the region. The S-plan price is printed on the dealer invoice and it includes the ad fee. If your using the S-plan pricing on the internet it will not include the ad fee.
    It is a legit charge.....There are a few regions that don't participate. Usually regions that don't have enough dealers to make a marketing group. Like Vermont.

jipster...I agree there is no reason to get all worked up over holdback. From my standpoint I don't care what the customer offers. I'm still going to work the deal and if we can't agree on a price so be it.... I don't like dealers who whine about no profit, or lowball offers etc,.....it's better than no offer at all and if the salesperson is worth more than two cents they will overcome the issue and make the sale.....We have all had freeloaders and chiselers, the ones that IsellH really doesn't like,....but we deal with it and move on. All my salespeople know that if things get unreasonable or rude that I will throw the bum out...so things usually don't escalate to an ugly out of control problem.
    Absolutely. The customer has every right to try to get his best deal(holdback) just as much as the salesperson has every right to get his best deal(MSRP). If the salepeople become unpleasant...walk. If the customer becomes unpleasant..."throw the bum out". ;)

Though from what I understand, and have read from many posters, it is unclear whether "holdback" is truely obtainable or not. As it is money that has already been paid out by the dealer. I suppose one may try :confuse:
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    let's stick specifically to Mazda MPV pricing. We've got a Dealer Holdback questions discussion if you want to move that conversation over there.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

"....move that conversation over there"

Well, I don't have anything more to add. But, I was hoping our host would allow more flexability in postings here on the Mazda MPV boards. We have gone months without any posts in this discussion....as well as many others. Many members are not available for Tuesday Mazda Mania night(myself included). And moving a established discussion over to another board just aint the jipsters style. But, you did let it go 2 or 3 posts over where you could have cut it off. So, cheers to our Roaming Host. ;)
    so we don't stray from kirstie's request....I have sold MPV's into holdback but it's the exception not the rule. MPV sales have been slow, so short deals can be had but we still have to generate enough revenue to make the sale worthwhile...
  • jaserbjaserb Posts: 858
    Do you generally do "1 at this price" ad cars? Are those generally loss leaders, or is there manufacturer support, or what? The reason I ask is we bought our '04 MPV (sunlight silver, with LX+ and 4 seasons pkgs) almost exactly 1 year ago off an ad from our local dealer. They had 3 identically equipped vans available at that price, 1 silver and 2 titanium. I still can't figure how they made any money on our deal, since the price we paid was way under invoice, even after rebates. I mean, like, $1600 below invoice. We paid $17615, after a $3500 rebate plus the $500 college grad. The sticker was $25,6XX.

So does this happen often, or is it a once in a blue moon thing? Not that I'm complaining, but I when have people ask me if they can get a similar deal it would be nice to know.

-Jason
  • charlotte7charlotte7 Posts: 144
    I'd be interested in knowing that, too, since I suspect my local dealer that advertises the $17K MPVs may be doing something like that.

Also, Audia8q, do you think the incentives for selling MPVs will increase as the year comes to a close? I realize that Mazda isn't making MPVs next year, and that the farther along in the year the smaller the selection will be, but I was just wondering what you thought. MPVs don't seem to be selling very well in my area at all, and I was thinking about buying in October/November or even December.
  • mocha46mocha46 Posts: 1
    Hi. I'm from San Diego

I bought an MPV LX+, whitewater pearl, side air, power door for $20.6K

This was S-Plan price - $4000 rebate.

(Tricked that S-Plan price is the employee sale price - they had an Ad like that)

Is this a good deal? I feel like I'm tricked :mad: since they kept insisting S-Plan IS THE EMPLOYEE SALE price)
This discussion has been closed.