Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda MPV Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1121314151618»

Comments

• nlsnls Posts: 65
    The title of this forum shows up as "Madza MPV: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".
  • jmkunkjmkunk Posts: 1
    Just bought an 02 with 63000 mi. DVD, TV, Leather, Power Doors, Power drivers seat, just about every option that I can think of, $11899 on the road. Tax, tags included. They tried to get us for an extended warrenty for another $2000 after the deal. 24 mo 24000 miles. I think I can do a little better on the open market if we decide to get a warrenty. Does anyone have any do's or don't's?
  • audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    I think I can do a little better on the open market if we decide to get a warranty. Does anyone have any do's or don't's?

Only buy a warranty that is backed by a manufacturer.
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    Yeah if you want a warranty the Manufacturers warranty is generally the best way to go. I've heard of aftermarket warranties by GEICO and AAA but I would read the fine print and keep my investment to $200-300. (and stick to the big companies like GEICO and AAA)

With a used 02 I don't know if Mazda offers a warranty. If they do try to keep it below $1200 for 5 yrs and 60000 miles of coverage. Avoid any aftermarket warranties hawked by the dealer.

Test drive the sucker for 1hr, up hills,down hills in reverse, 30 miles highway driving. Start it with the key 5 times. Check signals lights turn signals windows etc. Check all the body panels in good light to look for matching and a Carfax report.

In your contract try to include 30 day 2000 mile warranty on all mechanical parts and labor. You'll find this stuff is superior to aftermarket warranties.

Good Luck
    --jjf

think I can do a little better on the open market if we decide to get a warranty. Does anyone have any do's or don't's?

Only buy a warranty that is backed by a manufacturer
  • tony78tony78 Posts: 16
    My wife and i purchased a MPV LX at norco mitsubishi / mazda in norco, ca in june of 2007 for $ 14,800 brand new, the dealer was having an inventory reduction sale. We decide to get the bronze mist metallic color. we decided not to get any upgrades because in the future we plan on having a dvd player installed at a local stereo shop, the dealer said that item would of been about a $2500 option and the salesman told us to get our own installed and save some money,,i never heard of a salesman who didn't try and sell an upgrade, the only two items i purchased at the time of purchase were the factory shop manual and the black plastic trim strip that goes on the top of the rear bumper,as of this post we have about 10k miles on the van and it is runnig very well, i have changed the oil 3 times using factory filters and castrol oil. we have driven the van from riverside county to san francisco and back 4 times and have averaged from 27 to 24 mpg highway and 24 to 21 city mpg
    This is our first mazda and if this van turns out to be a good running dependable car we just may buy another mazda in the future.
    Our van has the 3.0 liter v-6 engine and 4 speed automatic with overdrive.
    The van runs 2600 rpm @ 70 mph.
    Happy trails to you.
  • subearusubearu Posts: 3,613
    Your '07 MPV actually has a 5sp automatic tranny with that 3.0L V6.

Congrats on your purchase last year and here's to many more happy miles in your MPV!

-Brian
  • jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    You must be a very "careful" driver to get 21-24 mpg city. That's pretty good. I get about 24 mpg highway on my family trips to Florida. Congrats on your buy... and pop in time to time to let us know how it is doing.
  • subearusubearu Posts: 3,613
    actually, I believe you may have an '06 MPV, as they stopped making the MPV available in the U.S. after the 06 MY.

-Brian
  • asusuxasusux Posts: 1
    I bought a 95 Mpv,4 wheel drive,3.0 V6,Loaded, for a $1000. Good tires, runs good, 125000 miles. Water pump went out,no problem,was ready to service the timing belt anyway. Motor has never been touched,needs a tune up.{Wires, plugs, D-cap and rotor] Sand Tan color. Rear bumper is dented, But it has a reciver hitch.Gets about 17 on the road.Is that about right? Good air [front and back] Everything works but pass-door power window, and a strange wiring problem. Low beams on, do a right turn signal,lights go on hi beam? Sounds like its in the steering collium. Really like the van. How does the rear leveler work? Mark
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,923
    Hi, asusux..

We have a lot of MPV discussions... plenty of them more active than this one, since there aren't many new prices to report..

Check them out HERE.

Good luck!
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

This discussion has been closed.