Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Voyager/Dodge Caravan Prices Paid and Buying Experience 2003-2007

Comments

• jvcnjvcn Posts: 50
    Just got a new 2005 TC Touring model with AFF package (stow go, pwd drs, etc) plus CD/DVD, rear video and linen gold paint. List almost $30,000. Final price includes everything except state taxes $24,589. This includes $5000 financed for 60 months at 5.59 % but i plan to pay it all off without penalty in 3 months (min time for pay-off). The financing was just to get the $1000 back. So cash of 19,589.
  • zgdzgd Posts: 3
    I got my 2005 T&C Touring (a great car) at a dealership in Rochester, MI. I just want to share my experience.
    I set a price goal to get 2-yr lease, the sales rep and the manager both worked out a deal that was about $100 over my goal. I signed the deal that included (1) monthly payment with tax, license plate included; (2) down. Before I signed, I asked the manager while the sales stood by “Do I have to pay anything else?” He said, pointing to the paper, “No. That’s all you need to pay.”
    They did not have the car I wanted when the deal was signed. Two days after, I got the delivery and signed all the papers. When I reviewed the papers in the night, I found that they inserted another item, $300 turn-in fee, not seen in the original signed deal. The sales intentionally skipped it when I signed the final papers. The day after, I asked them to reverse that. They would not.
    There were a few “first” with this dealership:
    1) The first time I bought a car without giving me the brochure of the car;
    2) The first time I bought a car with only half tankful of gas, although they filled her up when I returned to pick up the plate;
    3) The first time I heard that using credit card to make down payment was against MI state law;
    4) The first time I needed to return to get the temporary license extended.
  • We are looking at a 2004 Grand Caravan SXT Anniversary Edition (leather, DVD, power doors/liftgate) with 7500 miles on it. Do you think 20,000 is a good price for this? Thanks!!
  • hansiennahansienna Posts: 2,312
    $15,000 for a nicely equipped T&C LX with less than 27,000 actual miles. First owner got a DaimlerChrysler 7 year/75,000 mile extended warranty that was transferred to me in addition to the 7 year/100,000 mile Factory Powertrain Warranty.
         This nice van had an MSRP of about $30,000 when new.
  • jtheronjtheron Posts: 24
    edges_wife

we bought a new 2004 T&C touring platinum, which is the T&C version of what you are looking at, we paid $24,000 for it back in Feb 2004, it listed for around $36,000, beautiful van

so for 7500 miles you save $4,000 on buying used, thats 53 cents per mile for the first 7500 miles

when we looked for our van the dealer had a "demonstrator" 2004 T&C limited with something like 30,000 miles on it and they were only offering 15 cents per mile for the miles or $4,500 off, I considered it to be a used van that cost the dealer 15 cents per mile to drive, I wish I could drive a new car every 6 or 12 months and have it cost me only 15 cents per mile

not sure of whats a good deal on a used van or not
    but the "discount" you are getting for the mileage of 53 cents per mile is much better than the 15 cents per mile that we we offered from a dealer

good luck, we really like our van, nicest car/van/truck we have ever owned
  • janb2janb2 Posts: 2
    We walked out of negotiations today on an SXT that had almost everything..No leather, no navigation system, however it did have the sideair bags which is what I want but that van is located at a different dealer. It also had the DVD and CD 6 disc. The MSRP is $30880. They offered us $28880. We said no and left. The salesman actually came out into the parking lot and opened my door and said "wait 2 minutes, we're making a phone call"...They came back with $25995 + $250 = $26245. We said no. I was insulted that they wanted to charge $250 to "go get the van." Do you agree this $26245 is too high? I was thinking around $23K is what I would pay. The current rebate they told us about is $2000 (which brought it to the $28880) and its a 0% 60 month finance.

Even though the lot had many 'loaded' SXTs, not one of them had the side air bags. They could only find one SXT in the area that had that option. I would think it would be a popular option! Is there something about them I should know? My husband was eyeing the loaded SXT with leather & nav system but I said no, I want one with the side airbags, who wouldn't? He thinks I'm being difficult now :)
  • hansiennahansienna Posts: 2,312
    Since I have never met a person injured in a side impact collision, the side airbags are not a very high priority for me.

If side air bags are important, buy the Odyssey which has side air bags standard on every 2005 model beginning with the LX which has MSRP of $25,510. Honda dealers are giving nice discounts of up to $3,000 on new 2005 Odysseys.

I like my used 2002 Chrysler T&C LX but the driver's seat is uncomfortable whereas all Odyssey driver's seats are comfortable. The original owner of my 2002 T&C LX got a nice discount when it was new and paid just under $24,000 for it.

DaimlerChrysler lowered their MSRP for 2005 so the vans cost about the same but with a lower discount than in earlier years.
  • uga91uga91 Metro AtlantaPosts: 1,065
    Not too long ago I test drove a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT back to back with a 2005 Odyssey LX and Honda really is much nicer. Plus, as he said, the Honda was marked down $2000 off MSRP. Plus, I am not a Honda person saying this. I had a 1993 Dodge, a 2001 Chrysler and currently have a 2003 Chrysler. The 2005 Dodge could not match the ride found in my 2003 Chrysler--and the seats were not as good, either--IMO. The Odyssey LX does not give you power sliding doors, alloy wheels, the roof rack or the lazy susan under the second row; but you get the same engine, rear air, sliding door roll down windows, traction control and most of the mechanical goodies found on the EX models. Check it out.
  • marine2marine2 Posts: 1,155
    Just bought the 2005 DGC SXT. List price was $28,459. Has the three power doors, tinted windows, security system, CD/Cassette with 6 speakers, with radio controls on steering wheel,Stow n Go seating, eight way power drivers seat, between the seat storage bin, above temp,direction, mpg,computer, extended warrantee, etc. With discount,$25,054 and O% financing. They would knock off another $1,500.00 if I would have taken Chrysler's 6.? financing. Decided to take the zero percent instead. Don't think it was as good a deal as most got on here, but I can't complain to much. I was about $700.00 under on my trade.

Really love the van. It's very quiet and smooth riding. Really love the storage space with the stow n go seats up. Nothing has to lay on the floor or seats now, it can be all hidden away.

I stow one middle seat and that gives the dog plenty of room to lay down and makes it easy to get my grand kids in and out of the van fast.
  • uga91uga91 Metro AtlantaPosts: 1,065
    Stow and Go is cetainly a wonderful feature and it provdes tons of useful storage opportunities. I think the problem lies with those of us with previous generation DC vans that have more comfortable seats and an even smoother ride.
  • Just bought 2005 DGC in Augusta/Wichita Kansas fully loaded except leather (best cloth seats I've seen in a long time while the leather seems cheap) and sunroof which I don't believe was available with the DVD and roof storage. Has Premier Group, Curtain airbags, DVD, Sirius,.... Sticker of $32,340. Dealer showed me the invoice and offered me $500 over (traditionally a good deal). This surprised me so I researched further and found that smart buyers were paying 500 to 1000 under invoice. Obviously Dodge gives quite a bit back down the line. I offered $500 under invoice the $30,000. After $2500 incentive and $1000 finance incentive (must finance $10,000 for atleast 4 months) my cost was exactly $26,000 before taxes and fees.

$26,000 (paid) + $2,500 (Manufacture incentive) + $1,000 (finance-which I'll pay off in 4 months) = $29,500.
  • luv2soarluv2soar Posts: 1
    Bought a brand new 2005 caravan for $11995.00. After tax,license, etc it's $13,270. Came with 4 cyl, Air conditioning, CD and nothing else. But it's the color my wife wanted! First 1/2 tank of gas is produced only 17.38 MPG. Slightly better than the perfectly good 1993 MPV with a V-6 I just sold for $2200.00. Oh well, at least she likes the midnight blue. The fit and finish isn't great but not as bad as I expected. I've never bought a new "American" car before (can't count the Ford Festiva made by KIA), only a Toyota. The Caravan rides fine and corners well. The engine produces vibration that can be felt in the gas pedal and the overall road noise is more than I'm used to in my 4Runner. Generally, I like it and hope the gas mileage gets better with engine break-in. Otherwise I'll be cursing the gutless 4-banger!
  • mastiff1mastiff1 Posts: 2
    I purchased a 2005 Lx for 23k on the road. It stickered at 27k, which included tow package, which i love the load leveling suspension and engine block heater. To me this was agreat deal, as the dodge dealer wanted 23k on the road for a grand se without stow and go, but has the luxury package with 3rd row air. i prefered the lx, as the stow and go seats and keyless entry were all i really needed. as for 3rd row air, never had it, dont care. ill get an upgraded after market sound system and dvd player for way less and pocket the cash. other dealers advertised sxt's with dvd for 20k, but i financed on my own and they never had the units in stock or they were pre november build dates. my t&c was bult in march and sold in april.... fast moving dealership, and this price included the chrysler price hike of 400. also, does anyone know who makes the radios in the t&c, the rbk to be exact and what the specs are?? want to get a more powerful radio unit. thanks in advance.
  • fish8fish8 Posts: 2,282
    Congrats!!! It sounds like you got a good deal on a solid minivan. For $11,995 you can't beat the price!!! Enjoy!!
  • carglowcarglow Posts: 91
    with 6 cylinders.

Is this possible?
  • 1997montez341997montez34 Posts: 201
    Sure. it's a short-wheelbase version with the standard 3.3 liter V6.
  • sol2sol2 Posts: 2
    :confuse:
    Hi,
    I live in S.E. Florida.

1. Most dealers ask for my license, make a photocopy-before I can test drive. One dealer said it was for "insurance purposes." Is this standard norm? I am concerned about I.D. theft. Any suggestions? What's the legality if any of dealers requiring license and keeping a copy?

2. In terms of rebates/incentives etc. is this deducted from the MSRP, Invoice, or negotiated price?

I'm new at buying a new car. So any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks
  • fish8fish8 Posts: 2,282
    1) yes, that is very common when test driving cars. Not only is it for insurance purposes, but also provides the dealer with identification if for some reason they never see the car your test driving again.... ;)

2) On Chrysler/Dodge products, rebates or incentives are usually deducted from the invoice price, not sticker/MSRP. This is the norm when dealing on a Grand Caravan or T & C. It was the situation when we bought our '05 T&C. Also, depending on the dealer you work with, you may have to negotiate in order to get the best price. The dealer I worked with was very straight forward, but not all are.

Good Luck!!
  • trebuchettrebuchet Posts: 1
    Hello all, I am new to the forums. I found this forum while "shopping" for our new DCG.

We ended up getting the 2005 DGC SXT without any added options. Price paid was 21,350 before my trade or downpayment. I don't think I could have gotten better. What do you all think?
  • dennisctcdennisctc Posts: 1,168
    Sounds good!!! I got a little more due to employee pricing from a DCX friend. But even without that, you can't beat a DGC SXT - just like mine :)
This discussion has been closed.