Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Voyager/Dodge Caravan Prices Paid and Buying Experience 2003-2007

Comments

• hansiennahansienna Posts: 2,312
    ABSOLUTELY. The 6 cyl Caravan is an SXT and has MANY more options than the SWB T&C. ;)
    A Caravan SXT is a nice, well equipped minivan while the SWB T&C is just one step above the Caravan SE 4 cyl. :blush:
    These options are: Dual Zone air conditioning, Tachometer, Cast Wheels, Quad seating, 50/50 split fold and tumble 3rd row just for starters.
    You cannot even get a tachometer on a SWB T&C. Stupid of DC. :sick:
  • antelope1antelope1 Posts: 9
    I posted this on the T&C forum since that is where I started out (Looking for a T&C) so sorry for double-posting if you read both:

Went to look at the Dogdge Caravan SXT since it looks like a very similar car to the T&C. Found one with package I wanted, and after EP and rebate came to $21,073 (Included Bronze paint, 2nd row Bucket seats, entertainment package, etc.) This time, I tried to make it clear I didn't want to spend more than $18,000 before he even showed me a car. I said how I liked the car, but it was too much. I kept throwing out numbers and finally made it up to $20,000....but he kept saying that the EP minus rebate is as low as they can go. So I told him I would have to sleep on it.

I just want to hear if someone has negotiated a price (without trade-in) that is lower than EP minus trade in this month so I know if I can get them lower. $20,000 might be a stretch, but $20,500 should be OK on a price of $21,073, right?

BTW, this dealer is offering a Christmas in July deal - pick an envelop of the tree and get an additional $500 - $5000 off. I figure at a minimum, the $500 would cover taxes, tags, fees, and dealer-add ons.
  • ro22tolro22tol Posts: 24
    The EP prices are not at good as the prices that I found at the end of June.

I found a dealer that would sell me a GC sxt for inovoice minus hold back (which is actually the EP price) then $3,500 in rebates

MSRP $28625
    Invoice $26735

rebates $3500

Invoice minus hold backs of about $1250 - rebates $3500=

final price $21,995

Now the rebates are only $2,000 on the same van (thus I would have saved $1,500 by purchasing in June over July.

Same dealer said wait until the rebates change again. He could not match the price quoted in June, cause the mopar rebates to the consumer were not as good.

I have found that the EP is the bottom line at dealers.
  • vtechokievtechokie Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2005 GC SXT. MSRP was $33,120 with the Leather Interior Group, Premium Group, In-Dash 6-Disc CD w/DVD , and Rear Seat Video System. EP Plus was $29,283 - $2000 Rebate = $27,283. Final price to me was $26,283. That's $1000 below EP Plus.

Had a dealership offer $1400 below EP Plus on a GC SXT with the same specs but they only had one and it was my wife's least favorite color.

Also paid $2000 for the DC Maximum Care Service Contract 6 years/ 100K miles with $0 deductible. I think the list price is $2750. Dealer told me the EP for the Service Contract was $2295. Search for "Daimler Chrysler Service Contract" online and there are a couple of Chrysler Dealerships in the midwest selling their contracts over the Internet for the price I paid. Showed the dealership a print out of the listed prices and they matched.
  • EP PRICE IS THE BOTTOM LINE.
    NO DEALERSHIP WOULD SELL STOW AND GO CCARAVANS FOR LESS THAN THAT SINCE DC DID NOT BULD ENOUGH FOR DEALERS
    THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS EP FOR SERVICE CONTRATCS
    Congratulations on your good purchase. Frankly, I believe your numbers more than an unknown salesman at an unknown location. :blush:
  • dennisctcdennisctc Posts: 1,168
    Maybe this is a Detroit thing, but I was at dealership getting oil change last week and saw EP Plus on all the vehicles on showroom floor. What's this???
    This appears to be a dealership that wants to clear out all new inventory.
    Sadly, many DaimlerChrysler dealers have sold out of new 2005 DC minivans. :cry:
  • I should update this.

I found out there are two 05 grand caravan se's:
    Pre 12/04
    and Post 12/04

This is a Pre 12/04. The cost is actually a bit less, so I offered $16,600, and expect to pay a bit in dealer profit: 17k maybe?

The only difference in the two vehicles is hi back versus lo back seating.

Good deal?
  • Yesterday I bought a new 2005 T&C and paid $15,700 (yes it was the base model). I’m confident that I got a good deal.

Here in Florida I saw an ad in the paper showing that they were selling the base model '05 T&C for $15,990 plus tax tags and dealer fee of $398.

I figured that they would jack up the price when I showed up, but they didn't. I ended up getting anouther $250 off that price by the following method:

I brought in an ad from a competitor showing '05 caravans for $11,999 and the '05 Grand Caravan for $15,999.

So I argued as follows:

 Dodge GC costs $2,000 more, so Chrysler should be cheaper

 4 wheel ABS brakes std on GC (only optional with T&C)

 GC has steering wheel mounted controls std & not avail on T&C

 GC has theatre style seating std, & not avail on T&C

 GC has 3rd row Split bench seat std & not avail on T&C

 GC is longer (more space -11.2 inches)

The sales manager kept trying to tell me that it was apples and oranges because the Caravan was only a 4 cylinder, but i was careful to tell him that I knew that and I was only drawing a comparison between the GC and the T&C.

As for one of the posters above who said that there are a lot of differences between the GC and T&C, that is wrong. The above differences are the only pros that I could find that the GC has over the T&C. I also found several options that the T&C has that the GC does not have, such as the key with bottons to unlock and lock the doors.

Keep in mind these are only the base models.

Hope my research can help others in future negotiations.

By the way, the price i paid was over $1000 less than the Employee pricing that everyone was pushing last month.
  • fish8fish8 Posts: 2,282
    I don't understand the following statement: " Dodge GC costs $2,000 more, so Chrysler should be cheaper". Why should the Chrysler be cheaper? Chrysler is the higher of the 2 brands.
  • FYI the invoice and MSRP prices both range from $1000-$2000 more for the comparable DGC than the T&C. I agree that the T&C is better (that is what i bought it) but i used that as part of my negotiations.

I argued that they should sell me the T&C cheaper than the price that they were advertising because i found a DGC for the same price, and the regular MSRP for the DGC is more than the T&C. Thus, if i can get a DGC for the same price, they must be asking too much.

regardless, i only got an additional $250 off, so who knows which part of the argument worked, but i haven't found anyone who came close to the deal that I got yet.

Hopefully there are others out there who got this good of a deal (or even better).
    EVERYONE knows that you can't get more than a few thousand off a brand new DCX minivan!! Just ask socalawd!!! He knows, he said so!!! :P
  • socalawdsocalawd Posts: 542
    EVERYONE knows that you can't get more than a few thousand off a brand new DCX minivan!! Just ask socalawd!!! He knows, he said so!!!

Not what I said but that never stopped ya before!! You can get 3 grand off a Ody if you know how. Some people just can't negotiate!! Must be a different skill then changing what someone says!! :P
    EVERYONE knows that you can't get more than a few thousand off a brand new DCX minivan!! Just ask socalawd!!! He knows, he said so!!!

Not what I said but that never stopped ya before!! You can get 3 grand off a Ody if you know how. Some people just can't negotiate!! Must be a different skill then changing what someone says!!

You can also be charged mark up still on Ody, but can't remember ever, anyone paying over sticker for DCX van. If you go to the Dodge site right now, you can get $5500 off without any negotiation. Then probably negotiate another $2k off with dealer - as seen in previous post here where people are getting below EP pricing. Hmmm just because you accused someone of changing what you say, doesn't make it true. Didn't you once say no one is doing better than EP?? That the price dif is only $1500?

One thing is for certain....One can get $5500 for sure today on a Dodge. It's in black and white from Dodge, go to their webpage and build one. Are there any incentives for Honda? From that starting point, it's all up to negotiating skills and market conditions in everyone's specific location. Beyond that, it's your rosey scenario vs. mine.
  • A used 2002 T&C LXI with 27000 miles (41000 km) for $17800 US ($21000 CAD). Does this sound like a good deal to any of you? It has all the good stuff like leather, power doors etc. Original MSRP was around $42000 CAD. This seems like a good deal to me. Any thoughts?
  • Forgot to add that's with the 3.8L V6
    Hmmm, I'd almost disagree, with the rebates, financing etc.... I'd check on autotrader.com etc....look around some more and see what's out there. Also run a Carfax on anything you're looking to buy.
  • There's actually not many rebates on the 05 T&C. I think it's like $2000 and thats it. Even if there was a bigger rebate, there are barely any left. The closest one to me is in Sudbury! On autotrader.ca, it seems like that one is the best deal. Anything lower priced has like 80000 kms (50000mi) and even then its only like a grand difference. The closest thing to the kms/mi is a 2003 LXI with 68000 kms (42000mi).
    You can also be charged mark up still on Ody, but can't remember ever, anyone paying over sticker for DCX van. If you go to the Dodge site right now, you can get $5500 off without any negotiation. Then probably negotiate another $2k off with dealer - as seen in previous post here where people are getting below EP pricing. Hmmm just because you accused someone of changing what you say, doesn't make it true. Didn't you once say no one is doing better than EP?? That the price dif is only $1500?

If they charge you markup don't buy. Right now you can get $1,340.00 off on carsdirect thats on a 2006 EX. As for the not getting better than EP! You've got to be kidding. All I did was show you the Dodge website price and the odyssey Cars direct price for similiar vans was 1500.00 differance, I can see many instances where it can even be 3-5 K early in the year. I have posted many times that type of information. Prices change quickly for all brands due to demand and marketing changes. So it's hard to say I saved 10K you can too it matters what deals are happening. BTW if you can show me where 1500 was the max I believe at one time the differance was 1500-3000max is what I said, of course you took half of it and ran with it. Also show me where I said noone is doing anybetter than EP. I do have many referances to EP. You are the one that said that wasn't bottom line. And when I replied to you I didn't argue the point.

One thing is for certain....One can get $5500 for sure today on a Dodge. It's in black and white from Dodge, go to their webpage and build one. Are there any incentives for Honda? From that starting point, it's all up to negotiating skills and market conditions in everyone's specific location. Beyond that, it's your rosey scenario vs. mine.

Oh I went to the Dodge site all I see for the 2006 is a 2500.00 rebate. Where's the 5500.00 dollars? One thing I know for certain, again you are wrong! The 2005 showed no incentives on the Dodge site!
    Oh I went to the Dodge site all I see for the 2006 is a 2500.00 rebate. Where's the 5500.00 dollars? One thing I know for certain, again you are wrong! The 2005 showed no incentives on the Dodge site!

I just built s 2006 GC SXT......go thru the exercise with no options, $2500 rebate, EP $3569...no negotiating, no running all over the country looking for a Honda dealer who won't rape you, no checking every website for a grand $1340 off (sites that aren't updated regularly - no doubt). So you're correct, I was wrong, should have stated $6069 off, not $5500. I don't see anything on the Honda site for deals?

The 2005 showed no incentives on the Dodge site! I was referring to 2006s, since I believe Dodge is sold out of 2005 models?
    I just built s 2006 GC SXT......go thru the exercise with no options, $2500 rebate, EP $3569...no negotiating, no running all over the country looking for a Honda dealer who won't rape you, no checking every website for a grand $1340 off (sites that aren't updated regularly - no doubt). So you're correct, I was wrong, should have stated $6069 off, not $5500. I don't see anything on the Honda site for deals?

Tryed again and only saw the rebate also looked at Chrysler nothing!! looked at many car sites Edmunds hasTMV for the SXT after the rebate at only $3450.00 under the MSRP. Did the EP pricing end on the 2006 models??

Tryed again and only saw the rebate also looked at Chrysler nothing!! looked at many car sites Edmunds hasTMV for the SXT after the rebate at only $3450.00 under the MSRP. Did the EP pricing end on the 2006 models??

Go to Dodge.com, click on carvan, click on build, click GC SXT, enter zip....still there today. I would hope DCX would have their latest incentives on their site. I have no faith in Edmunds, since they can't seem to pay any attention to the best selling minivan on the market, and provide updated road tests etc... They also don't respond to specific email asking when they plan on testing a more current 2006 instead of the 2001 they currently have.
  • mpempe Posts: 1
    Options interested in are: What price does anyone tink you can get???
    AJY Popular Equipment Group 2
    Includes 3 zone air conditioning with rear heater, 160 amp alternator, overhead console with trip computer, universal remote transmitter, silver face instrumentation cluster with tachometer, overhead ashtray/cupholder light, roof rack, AM/FM stereo, cassette deck, CD player with changer control and 6 speakers. INCLUDES MWG.

JPR Power Driver's Seat
    Includes cloth low-back power 8-way adjustable driver's seat. REQUIRES AJY.
    CJ5 Supplemental Side Curtain Airbags
    Includes dual power sliding doors, front and rear reading lamps, overhead ashtray/cupholder light, overhead console with trip computer, universal garage door opener. REQUIRES AJY.

Invoices showed $27K (Rebates were $4.5K) does this mean possible price of $22.5k? South Florida
    For those in the market....

Latest from Oakland Tech News (local auto newspaper).

New 2006 DCX Caravan SE - $11,995/$19,900 MSRP

New 2006 DCX Caravan SXT (power seat, trip computer, 3.3L V6, 7"DVD - $16,373/$25,335 MSRP

New 2006 DCX Grand Caravan SXT Special Edition (heated leather, 8"DVD, moonroof) - $21,589/$31,365

New 2006 Chrysler T&C (V6, Air, Tilt, Cruise, Keyless) - $12,777/$21,735 MSRP

The dealer is Milsch (www.milschdodge.com) just 3 miles north of DCX's tech center in Auburn Hills.
  • topgun7topgun7 Posts: 409
    Anyone has experience with N. Ca dealer or purchase a touring recently? We just get start shopping and hoping to get one before year end. I check inventory through Chrysler, it looks like most dealer only have a few T&C in stock. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
  • Actually at a Nissan dealership, 30k miles, cloth interior, dark red, at least in "clean" condition. Dealer asking $15,800, I'm thinking about offering $12,000. What do you think? Thanks. :)
  • aaron_taaron_t Posts: 301
    $12k would be about all I'd pay for a 2yr old non-stow n go minivan.
    I agree!! That would be MAX!!!!! no more.
This discussion has been closed.