Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Element Prices Paid and Buying Experience

SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
edited September 16 in Honda
Have you recently bough or are you looking to buy a Honda Element? If so, what are the prices you are seeing at your area dealerships? What "deals" are there to be made?

Comments

• bigkahunaflbigkahunafl Posts: 128
    I am planning to buy an 04 in a few months and would like to hear from as many people as possible about their experiences with buying an Element and, of course, the price.

It doesn't have to be long, but anything would help.
  • $1,100 under MSRP with 3 years free oil changes. new jersey Area
  • flyaa1flyaa1 Posts: 1
    I bought an EX 2WD silver automatic last night at a Dallas dealer for $18,550 + tax and license which seems to be a pretty decent price. The MSRP was $19,910 including destination charge. The invoice is $18,431 including Destination charge. The dealer holdback is about $584 below invoice on this particular Element. I did 90% of the deal over the internet which eliminated the pain of spending hours at the dealership. The dealer attempted to sell the extended warrenty at the final closing so based on past dealings some things never change. It seems to be a really solid and fun truck and by the way I'm way past the target demographic for the Element. Anyone purchasing the Element should be very satisfied.
  • pena316pena316 Posts: 2
    I'm in Austin, TX, and am getting quotes at $19000 for an EX 2WD (with keyless entry and upgraded arm rest). No one has black, so they'd have to do a dealer trade. Sounds like the price isn't too far off.
  • purduealum91purduealum91 Posts: 223
    Grand Honda is advertising 4WD 5 speed EXs for $18600! They are in Elmhurst, IL. $19k for a 2WD EX. No way I say.
  • bigkahunaflbigkahunafl Posts: 128
    Did you only use the dealer's site to start the negotiations?
  • Got EX 4WD w/ keyless, hoodvent, mud flaps & roof rack for $ 20,000 in NYC. They didn't want to let it go but I said it would be a rolling advertisement, I mean, how can they expect to sell them unless people actually see them out there.
  • I'm not familiar with a "hoodvent". What is it?
  • neoknneokn Posts: 3
    I was quoted for $18,500 + TTL for a EX auto 2WD with NO side airbag - the dealer won't have it for this model year.

But the price for dealer installed accessories are a lot higher than the MSRP I found at honda.com. It would be amost $1800 extra to have these installed. Is this commom accross all the dealers?

FRONT BUMPER TRIM $300.00
    REAR BUMPER TRIM $156.00
    FOG LIGHT KIT $515.00
    SPLASH GUARDS $135.00
    KEYLESS ENTRY KIT $240.00
    SECURITY SYSTEM KIT (with keyless)$658.00
  • I bought mine (EX 4WD Galapagos Green w/ Keyless) for $18,666 + TTL three weeks ago from Breakaway Honda in Greenville, SC. It was the 4th Honda we've bought from them in the past year so that's why we probably got such a great deal on it. It's a blast to drive and pretty much the only complaint I have is the fuel economy coupled with the rather small gas tank makes for a short amount of time between fill-ups.
  • I just bought my '03 4WD, EX w/keyless entry, mudflaps, roof rack, moon roof thing, and door strippy things,in San Diego for $20,500. Sorry, didn't have the exact descriptions in front of me. Went to Cush Honda - Fleet sales. From my experience - went to 3 dealers, they are dealing more on the DX models.
  • More than 2 days and no new posts? There are many of us that would like to hear about your experiences (as well as price) of buying the E.
  • I am seriously considering getting an Element EX 2WD 5-speed with no add-ons. Best quote is $17,797 (invoice is $17,693). This sounds like a good deal to me, however I have a few weeks to think about it since no one locally seems to have this car in stock(I guess no one around me drives a stick?)
    BTW this is Reading Honda in Reading, PA
  • Sounds like a good price to me. An EX FWD automatic goes for about $1,100 over invoice here in South Florida. Have you tried carsdirect.com?

I'm waiting for the 04's.
  • their price is $18.1 I'm pretty surprised at how low the price they gave me was. Especially since they don't have any in stock so they aren't trying to push them out because they've been sitting. Luckily I'm not in a hurry, since I've heard from 3 dealers now that they will have a hard time getting them, but the other 2 dealers haven't been as nice and didn't come right out with a price, let alone a good one.
  • Is the 03 supply drying up?
  • I don't think so, not yet anyways, it's just that no other dealers around have them either, since I guess no one is buying them. So they have to wait for them from the factory, or wait for what they already had on order I guess. Apparently the dealer I'm working with has 2 4wd manuals coming in mid-month, then at least 3 2wd manuals at the end of the month.
    I wonder why no one buys manuals on them? I haven't driven it yet, but I bet if they kept at least one around they'd sell it. Then again, maybe that's what they did.
  • I heard the average days on the lot were between 11 and 13. That would tell me that someone must be buying them. I think the must have limited production runs on the E.
  • We have about two dozen assorted on the lot. Then again we are the largest Honda dealer and one of the largest anywhere in the world.
  • automatics. Most of the dealers around here have between 10 and 20 automatics on the lot, most if not all are 4WD as well. And I want 2WD, stick, so I have to wait.
  • Most people are buying automatics with FWD. There isn't much need for 4WD down here.
  • and really up here most people dont NEED 4WD, hence I am not getting it. But we do get some snowstorms up to a foot or two sometimes, and peole like to think they should have it. I figure if I can get to work in my FWD compact car at 2AM (third shift) when they haven't plowed yet, then an E can darn well do the same, and since it weighs more it ought to dig a bit deeper. I will get snow tires.
    I don't see many E's around here to begin with really, but they must be selling.
  • I meant deflector. On lip of hood.
  • OK, thanks for clarifying.
  • If it snowed down here people would have no idea of how to drive in it. We would easily break a record for the most accidents. Most of the old people down here shouldn't even be driving - no reflexes, can't see over the steering wheel not to mention they can't see or hear. But try and take away their driving license and you will hear them
  • One time I was in Georgia in February, and it snowed - just a dust on the ground; and all the schools got cancelled and everyone was shocked and amazed! I felt like I was in a tropical country or something. Amazing differences between New Hampshire (3 inches in October one time I was there!) and Florida (80 degrees in March).

:-) It was so funny, we just drove our big RWD Van around no problem. . .
  • We have received several inches in the past 2 days. Would help to have the Element now instead of waiting for the 04's.
  • I have been researching and surfing to find what price is fair to pay for an Element. Roseville is offering $100 above invoice and Reno More but they offer $1616 Service credit and Free tires for life! I'm trying to figure out the catch. Also I stumbled across a website with oem Honda accessories that are about 25% off of msrp. hondaaccsssoriescheap.com Happy hunting and for those who have bought, please tell me more to help me decide.
  • babauerbabauer Posts: 1
    I'm collecting quotes on a stock
    EX 4WD 5MT

The 3 quotes so far
    *Carsdirect.com = $20,510
    *Honda Cars/Everett = $19,995
    * Clair Honda = $19,452 (w/"free" mudflaps)

I anticipate more quotes after the Labor Day weekend, and some back and forth.
This discussion has been closed.