Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Element Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• It took our dealership (Honda of Greeley, CO) nearly 3 weeks to get us a new Honda Element EX-P 2007 All Wheel Drive in the color that we wanted. I thought that it would be a piece of cake in the Denver area, but my guess is that they ordered it direct from the factory as it was given to us with 11 miles on it, plus it took them almost 3 weeks to get one once we agreed to the price. I also wanted to say that if you are a tall person, this car is great. We thought about buying the Honda Pilot but once I got in the 2nd seat behind the driver's side I said forget it. I'm five foot 10" tall. My husband is 6 feet. When I was driving my Ford Explorer XLT (with sunroof) my head was about 2" from the ceiling. When I hit a speed bump or a pot-hole, I sometimes could feel the ceiling on my hair. The Element's 2nd row has tons of leg room. For this reason we love this car. Very nice for taller than average folks.

In Colorado we did find that the All Wheel Drive versions of the Elements were scarce. Fort Collins had none when we were looking as did Longmont. The sales people said that the AWD's were hard to keep on hand.
  • cwalticwalti Posts: 185
    yes, you can do much better... My '07 EX 4WD auto, invoiced at $21,377 and I got it for 20,992 incl. destination and then financed a portion at 0.9% ... You should be able to get it to about 17,800 incl. dest... Your OTD price should not exceed $19,500...
  • cya33085cya33085 Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2007 Element EX / Auto in grey metallic. I bought it from Weseloh Honda in San Juan Capistrano California. I bought it from the fleet manager, a guy named Steve Cheney who was very nice. I think he made me a fantatic deal. He sold me the Element for $20,400 (that include destination and handling). I was able to get a quote for $20,600 from Power but they were going to over charge me for the accessories I wanted. I added the following: wheel locks, door visors, a cargo tray, side steps, splash guards, fog lamps, a grey leather stering wheel wrap and a center console. The expensive part of the accessories was the labor to install (at least that's what other dealers told me). Steve added all the accessores and didn't charge me for labor. Out the door I paid $21,908 but I added $1400 in accessories. I had one dealer that was going to charge me $750 to install the side steps and fog lamps. I think I did ok? Any opinions?

Thanks,
    Mark Combs
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    An Element Ex auto wholesales for about $16000 in a year so I would definitely want to keep my max in the $20000 range.
    Not a fantastic deal but fairly reasonable. If steve charged you near list for the accessories, that practically paid for the install (there is a large markup) so you did ok there too.

Last year the EX auto went for about $19000 for a really good deal over the summer. I know the list price went up by $1000 this year but don't know if they added anything.

--jjf

just bought a 2007 Element EX / Auto in grey metallic. I bought it from Weseloh Honda in San Juan Capistrano California. I bought it from the fleet manager, a guy named Steve Cheney who was very nice. I think he made me a fantatic deal. He sold me the Element for $20,400 (that include destination and handling). I was able to get a quote for $20,600 from Power but they were going to over charge me for the accessories I wanted. I added the following: wheel locks, door visors, a cargo tray, side steps, splash guards, fog lamps, a grey leather stering wheel wrap and a center console. The expensive part of the accessories was the labor to install (at least that's what other dealers told me). Steve added all the accessores and didn't charge me for labor. Out the door I paid $21,908 but I added $1400 in accessories. I had one dealer that was going to charge me $750 to install the side steps and fog lamps. I think I did ok? Any opinions?

Thanks,
    Mark Combs
  • cya33085cya33085 Posts: 2
    I had several dealers trying to charge me the full $495 for the side steps and another $300 to install. Steve sold them to me for $406 installed....the parts were the deal breaker. He was 50% cheaper than everyone I talked to....he charged about 10% below retail for the accessories but didn't charge me any labor. The big part of the deal was sales status. He's got a "Council of Sales Leadership Gold Master" embossed on his business car, told me he sells a car a day and "moves metal". He got me a low 4.9 which I had been able to get anywhere else. He cut right to the chase on the phone - One low price very quickly which beat everyone else I was talking to. He threw in a few extras that were nice for free: honda key chain, stainless steel Honda Coffee cup with screw top, box of Honda cleaning products, coupon for a free oil change - and let me post date my downpayment for 2 weeks so I could have the car now....I didn't mind letting him make a little money....I think he was $315 over invoice....he also offers the standard cheap Honda Care plan....7 yrs, 100 miles for $835......I was happy
  • kernickkernick Posts: 4,072
    I have a quote for $19,400 del. + $199 admin. on an in-stock Element. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this, if I get the 0.9% for 3-years. No sales tax in NH! so OTD is $19,600 - though you do pay a fairly stiff city registration tax at town-hall.

I'll add my own upgraded stereo which will be slightly ;) better than the EX's.
  • I bought my '07 LX AWD for about the same price, though my out the door totaled $20,500. I live in PA so I cough up 6% sales tax. I have come across one or two better offers since November '06, when I made my purchase, but the deals were only slightly better. If I were you, I'd tell you to go for it.

As far as the sound system goes, the LX isn't spectacular. The one thing that I would like more then a better stereo is an armrest; other then that, the EX doesn't seem that much different.
  • titaneesetitaneese Posts: 43
    My daughter went out looking for cars because I wasn't moving fast enough for her. I would have liked to wait and recieve quotes through edmunds. Anyway, we just bought a new element ex msrp was $22,300 we bought it for $21,545 no doc fee out the door. After shopping through the internet I did get some better quotes by about $400 but I am still ok with the deal. We also got mud flaps, wheel locks and a pinstripe which would have been extra but we didn't pay for those upgrades. We bought it in Oklahoma city at Steve Bailey Honda and overall it was a pretty good experience. You have to watch out for your best interest every step of the way. When I asked the finance man how much he calculated we were going to finance and he was $300 off. He still was trying to charge us a doc fee which I had negotiated out of the deal.

07 EX Element red
    msrp $22,300
    Paid $21,545 out the door
    OTD can mean various things as in some states taxes are $300 and others $1800. How much was the sales tax where you bought?

thanx
    --jjf

My daughter went out looking for cars because I wasn't moving fast enough for her. I would have liked to wait and recieve quotes through edmunds. Anyway, we just bought a new element ex msrp was $22,300 we bought it for $21,545 no doc fee out the door. After shopping through the internet I did get some better quotes by about $400 but I am still ok with the deal. We also got mud flaps, wheel locks and a pinstripe which would have been extra but we didn't pay for those upgrades. We bought it in Oklahoma city at Steve Bailey Honda and overall it was a pretty good experience. You have to watch out for your best interest every step of the way. When I asked the finance man how much he calculated we were going to finance and he was $300 off. He still was trying to charge us a doc fee which I had negotiated out of the deal.

07 EX Element red
    msrp $22,300
  • titaneesetitaneese Posts: 43
    Well the taxes are paid when you purchase the Tag and I have figured the Tag and excise tax. It will be about $700 for this car. I think it is 3.25% here in Oklahoma. I hope this helps, I know sometimes people post their purchase price but sometimes it's hard to compare from state to state. I believe the next tag will be about $80 to give you an idea.

07 EX Element red
    msrp $22,300
    excise tax about $700
  • ragetsragets Posts: 63
    I got a silver '07 Honda Element 4wd EX model with:

1. Splash guards
    2. Fog lights
    3. Cargo Net
    4. Cargo Tray
    5. Cargo Cover
    6. All Season Floor Mats

All for $23,200. Which is about $500 under the MSRP. It only has 15 miles on it right now.

Great Deal, huh? :)
  • lablover2lablover2 Posts: 106
    i got one response from a dealer in the chicago area quoting $18,824 plus tax on the LX auto 2 wd-is that a decent price or do i keep shopping?
  • rik4rik4 Posts: 90
    honda just added $500.00 dealer cash for the elment. and it can be used in conjunction with the low interest rate. so i would shoot for 500.00 less
  • jpharneyjpharney Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I just left the dealer yesterday with an offer on an 07 EX 4wd: 24,379, tax included with the following accesories installed: 1: Fog Lights
    2: Security System Upgrade
    3: Trailer Hitch
    Should I take it, or shop around....Seems like a pretty good deal to me, considering tax is included and includes installation on accesories...
    ANy comments are appreciated!
    Julie
    Check out my message 14394 in the Accord prices paid section for useful resourses to learn how to buy a car.

I believe if you look it up on edmunds used appraiser, nada or kbb.com a used 06 element ex auto awd will wholesale for about $16000 with 15000 miles on it.

I would want a new one for about 19,xxx or so. I think they have increased the MSRP of the EX about 1000 since 06, but with no major additions. A review of last summers messages will show that the 19xxx number was a good deal last summer on the 06 EX

States vary from $300 to $2000 on such a purchase for tax, so that isn't very descriptive. Also list the fees. It appears that you have about $800 in accessories installed plus the security system.

A U haul hitch world outlet would probably install a light 1500 lb hitch like that for $150.00. I'm not a big fan of security systems as nobody pays attention to them. (Since there are 10000 false alarms for every real deal)

Element sales along with the Ridgeline are off 15% over already slow sales last year so you should be able to get a better deal.

Happy
    --jjf

Hello,
    I just left the dealer yesterday with an offer on an 07 EX 4wd: 24,379, tax included with the following accesories installed: 1: Fog Lights
    2: Security System Upgrade
    3: Trailer Hitch
    Should I take it, or shop around....Seems like a pretty good deal to me, considering tax is included and includes installation on accesories...
    ANy comments are appreciated!
    Julie
  • scrptdrscrptdr Posts: 1
    where/how did you get that deal? I'm looking to buy pretty much the same thing (o7 AWD EX 5 spd)in So. Cal. Appreciate any tips on dealers
  • praichelpraichel Posts: 1
    After working hard for the last two weeks, I finally pulled the trigger on my deal. I got a '07 EX AWD AT in NBP for $21,600 plus tax and tags. I financed all but $500 deposit on the current 36 month, 0.9% AHFC promo. I would rather keep my money in the bank at 5% and use their cheap money. The deal also included all season floor mats, cargo tray, splash guards, window rain guards, and wheel locks. I had shopped both via e-mail (first) and in person (second). I had to go to two dealers in person because the first backed outta his e-mail quote (Honda City of Levittown in Long Island) so I went to Valley Stream Honda. I ended up with $100 better than I was willing to settle for and some accessories thrown in. I pick up on Friday and I can't wait. I see some mods in my future, possible center console or fog lights.

Pat :)
  • lablover2lablover2 Posts: 106
    still haven't purchased the element 2wd lx yet-i got an email this morning saying the same dealership is offering employee pricing for one day but will not tell you what that is until you come in. it also has to be an in stock vehicle-all hondas except the fit were included in this sale. so, my question is this, i got a quote of $18,824 plus tax-title-do you think their new employee price will be a lot less? i hate to waste my time if it is just one of the dealers games. thanks
  • In Los Angeles area...

07 Element EX 4WD Auto - dealer offered $21800 (without tax, lic fees)

For accessories:
    fog lights - $770 parts+install
    side steps - $750 parts+install
    roof rail - $450 parts+install
    carpet mats - $191 part only
    total accessories = $2161

out the door would be ~$26500 (with tax, etc)

He claimed 21800 was their net, accessories seem expensive...

Opinions?

What should I expect to pay for a car with these accessories installed?
  • thedustinthedustin Posts: 1
    Just got a Black SC, manual for 20602, (not including NY tax,) which is 1100 under invoice! I feel pretty good about that. Apparently all the dealers in the area were clearing out their cars, trying to get the number one Honda dealer spot at the end of May.