Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Element Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Just purchased (3 days ago), a Galaxy Gray 2008 EX Auto FWD for $23,100 OTD (20,300 before tax, license, etc). Only "extra" included was splash guards. Of course, they tried to talk me into $5K more in the "finance dept" (aka 'let's try to get as much money as we can' dept). I did not buy dealer car alarm or warranty. Plan on purchasing car alarm through local business and warranty through myhondawarranty (dotcom).

Only thing I may regret not buying was the package for paint protection (can't remember exactly what they called it... clearcoat?). Not sure if I'll be able to find comparable service outside the dealership. It guaranteed no fading of paint color for 5 years. Any suggestions for a replacement? I live in AZ so sun exposure is a daily occurence.
  • Be glad you didn't purchase the paint sealant. It's a bunch of BS!
  • Moochacha: Which dealer & where gave you the 07 EX AWD for $19,500? I am looking all over to find a good price. Found 07 SC with 32k and certified for $18,999 but would prefer 07 EX-AWD for $19.5. Thanks
  • Just negotiated:

2008 Honda Element SC

MSRP: $24,210.00

Selling
    Price: $22,377.00 ($400 below invoice) + TTL

Plus, qualified and took the 4.9% for 5 years.
  • Try Boch Honda in Norwood. I did the deal over the phone/internet department. They may not have any 2007 left.
  • I received a price of $22,301.00 for an EX Auto Element ( $100.00 over invoice) and also, a decent price on my trade. I was wondering, though.....is the Element going to be discontinued, or are there plans to keep it in the Honda line? I've researched Element sales over the past two years, and they're not exactly flying off the lots. I ask this because I remember VERY well being told by a Subaru salesman that he really "saw me in a Baja." The Baja, of course, was about to be discontinued. I really like the Element, but do not want to be in a discontinued model. Even Honda resale is not immune to extinction. Thanks
  • trs900trs900 Posts: 19
    Price is total OTD except for sales tax..
  • 07 SC (my 1st choice at first but I changed): I had to prove to this dealer that I had a quote for $1974+$595+$289... he then reduced his price to $19,700+$595+$189 and state tax...etc. After I got there, I did not like the fact that he tried to add options of wheel lock and mud guard to the price... I felt that I drove 200+ miles and was told a lie and did not like the sales person.

08 EX 4WD (my 2nd choice at first): Best price (out of 6 dealers): $21166+Dst+Proc+Tax... but I will be buying from 2nd best price of $22852 walk out the door ($21215+Dst+Proc+Tax). I like the 2nd one best because of the sales person... No fuss or delay.. within minutes he gave me his best price and left me alone to leave or stay.

Why I choose EX vs SC:
    1. The dealer's promise of 19700+Dst+Proc+Tax ended up not being true
    2. More importantly, I felt every bump on road with sc because of low profile tire. EX was much easier to ride... this is just a personal thing.. it was a hard decision for me.

Comments or questions...refer to snowshoe1502 and I will answer.
  • emily23: I do lots of research before buying cars... I just sold my 2005 Ford explorer... and have looked at all Subaru closely as well as RAV4 and others. Subaru used to be a top choice for people in sports (other mini van drivers)... but it is selling less cars because of Element. Many skiers, snowboarders, and mountain bike riders are converting from Subaru to element. Simply because there is no need for roof or rear rack... no worries about someone cutting the chain and stealing your $2000-$4000 MTB or snow gears. They all fit nicely in element... Also, the resale value is amazing... Go to www.autotrader.com and see how much used cars sell in different categories. Lots of time if you go to Internet division, you can buy their new car for less than used car. Go to www.edmund.com or consumer report and see resale value for element..its awesome... Good luck.
  • ilmdilmd Posts: 7
    I would like your opinions.
    I have been offered an on the road price of $23,087 for an 08 automatic 4WD including fees and taxes

Does anyone have any specific opinions as to the most reputable Honda Dealerships in the Baltimore Area (west, south and east of Baltimore, as far as southern MD)
    Thanks so much
    ilmd
    Hi..
    I forgot to say that this is an EX model 08 Element Automatic 4wd
    thanks
    I want to buy this before MD tax goes up from 5% to 6% Jan 1, 2008
    I would like your opinions.
    I have been offered an on the road price of $23,087 for an 08 automatic Element EX 4WD including fees and taxes (5% in MD)

Does anyone have any specific opinions as to the most reputable Honda Dealerships in the Baltimore Area (west, south and east of Baltimore, as far as southern MD)
    Thanks so much
    ilmd
    Here’s the break down for Element EX 4WD
    MSRP is $23,825. The selling price is $21,701. Dealer processing fee is $99. Maryland 5% sales tax is $1090. Transfer tags are $141. So total on the road is $23,031.
  • Just got the 08 auto in Black with fog lights, rear cargo cover, rear air deflect. and roof rack for 23,700.00 out the door. I think this was a great deal. Thoughts?
    is that including sales tax if your state has it? EX or LX?
    I just paid (today) 23,031 EX Auto fogs, window visors, hood deflector OTD including tags and tax. I am in Maryland. And...I got a good $ on my CR-V trade in!
  • Good for you! Nice deal!

Yes it's the EX....picked it up last night in SC. I squeezed a little more and ended up paying 23,628 for all the options taxes and tags. $23,628.00 Total paid.

I took the 3.9% APR for 60 months. I will pay it off early but this was the best rate I could afford. I like the 0.9% but we could not come to terms on my trade in... I'm better off selling it anyway. :) I will post the break down on my deal later. Maybe it will help some others.
    Frankly, I was very pleased with the trade in I got on my CR-V. The dealership seemed willing to do what they could to get me to buy the Element in Dec.
    Also, I made it clear that I didn't want to pay for extras accessories that sometime come on new cars such as mud flaps etc. But the dealer found one car with them and then didn't even ask me to pay for them. I thought that was very nice of them.
    What do you know about buying extended warrantees?
  • I am not a fan of the extended warranty..but I have NOT researched the extended warraties at all.
    Though I believe in Honda and they last. I had one dealer offer free lifetime power train warranty but he was 600.00 higher than my lowest price. I am not an expert at all but I have owned 8 Hondas and had no trouble. I own 2 1971 600 coupes! These were the first hondas to come to the states.

Cheers!
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    Among the best prices on the hondacare warranty is myhondawarranty.com (Sacucci Honda) . An 8yr/120 k/mi is probably about $1000. About $150 more if you wait until most of the 3/36 factory is out.

Good luck
    --jjf

I am not a fan of the extended warranty..but I have NOT researched the extended warraties at all.
    Though I believe in Honda and they last. I had one dealer offer free lifetime power train warranty but he was 600.00 higher than my lowest price. I am not an expert at all but I have owned 8 Hondas and had no trouble. I own 2 1971 600 coupes! These were the first hondas to come to the states.

Cheers!
  • NJ - I PAID 20,337 FOR A 08 LX ELEMENT AWD PLUS 159 ETCHING, 199 DOC, 7% SALES TAX= 22,130 TOTAL