Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Element Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• $20k out the door maybe without all that stuff.
    that's alot of package maybe they'd go flat 22 or 21,8-
    the other thing if you get something like that and they are doing things that honda isn't offering to everyone; at this dealership- make sure that the tires size difference wouldn't void the warranty
  • Received a quote on an 03 EX AWD leftover on the lot in Easter PA. Quote was 19700 without any arguing at all. Left and told them I would think about it and I'm looking at some other cars. Salesman then offered that starting Friday for the President's Weekend they are offering 3.9% financing from 36 - 60 months.

I am also curious about anyones experience with after market tuners to increase the HP. Exhaust, manifolds anything else.
    Thanks
  • I live on Long Island in NY. I was in a dealership today. He wouldn't allow an overnight.

I read on this board that some people have been able to keep it a day. Hmmm... I just thought that maybe I could keep it for a few hours.

Does anyone know how common extended test drives are? Any experience?

Also... For a 2004 AWD EX Auto, privately financed, no trade-in, would $19800 be a decent price? The Sales Guy stated $20,500. Sticker is 21,600.

Thanks in Advance.
  • tcostcos Posts: 1
    I have a price of 17,408 for left over DX 03 Element with air, auto, 4wd and radio / cd. I want to pull the trigger but is that price sound right for left over DX. I heard the 04 LX models will be in next month, should I wait? Can anyone help with DX pricing? thanks tc
  • hdowdyhdowdy Posts: 2
    I was quoted $19895 including destination charge, for a '04 Sunset AWD Manual EX.

How much lower can I expect to haggle for.
  • After months of researching American cars and negotiating like a hawk, I walked into a Honda Dealer cold and think I walked out paying too much. Would anyone like to confirm this for me even though it is too late? I'm in Indianapolis, IN. I just purchased a Metallic Green 2004 Element 4WD Auto EX with no add-ons. MSRP was $21590 and I paid $21200. There were no additional fees, but it did not include taxes(6%) or bureau of motor vehicle fees(to be determined). I sold my used vehicle myself(for $3500 over what any dealer would offer) and was in a tight bind with a family of 4 and only one car.

The crazy thing is that the Edmunds.com "True Market Value" Pricing on this website says I hit the mark, but the deals I see on here make me think otherwise. Especially since I'm $1200 over invoice. Is the Edmunds "TMV" Pricing a farce? Am I in the wrong part of the country for supply and demand? I had used the "TMV" pricing to make sure I was getting a good deal, but now it sounds like a total joke.
  • srs45srs45 Posts: 3
    Is $17,390.00 a good deal for a 2004 LX automatic Fwd?
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    TMV varies from region to region. Look at Edmunds.com Learn More About TMV to find out how TMV is determined.

tidester, host
  • meinradmeinrad Posts: 820
    No you didn't pay too much.

Could you have paid less? Probably, but at what cost to your time and sanity. You could have been victim of supply and demand, a good salesman, your own lack of preparation.

Bottom line is the time to ask that question was before you bought it. Why beat yourself up over it now when you can't change it. Of course someone is going to say you paid too much and tell you about their great deal.

All of that doesn't change the fact you bought a great car and paid a fair price.
  • "meinrad" - Thanks for the comments. I guess I should consider myself lucky that I was not shopping for a large american SUV where the difference between MSRP and invoice is much much more than an Element.

It's also hard to tell if posted prices are real because not all of the data is posted. For example: Are people including destination charge? Are they including documentation fees(if any)? Are some of them a typo? Some are listed as an Element EX AWD but do not state auto or manual transmission. My price of $21200 included the destination charge and no fees of any kind. It was also fresh off the truck that morning with only one mile on the odometer, and it was their only green one, so I'm sure I paid for that combination as well. (There are only about 5 green Elements for sale right now in all of Indianapolis).

As long as it runs for over 200,000 city driving miles I'll be quite happy.
  • ghuletghulet Posts: 2,628
    I'd say that about ANY car.

Bigandtall, your price doesn't sound so bad. I don't know how many dealers are in the Indianapolis area, but I doubt you could have done a whole lot better without having to travel or do an e-mail blitz or spend hours on the phone or at dealers. Don't sweat it.
  • warchiefwarchief Posts: 1
    Hello: I have been looking for leftover 03 models and have been offered two models. I am asking the group here to tell me if these are good deals or is it possible to do better?

The first is an 03 Element EX AWD Automatic. Brand new, only options added are mud guards/flaps and roof racks. Offered at $19,900. Color: orange.

The other is an 03 Element DX AWD Automatic. This model has air conditioning added, upgraded wheels, tinted windows, plastic window guards on the two front windows (keeps the rain off if you want to open the window, I am told)and mud guards/flaps. This vehicle is new, although it has 1,000 miles on it from test drives. Offered at $17,950. Color: my choice, black or silver

Are these good deals? They offered to reduce the price of the DX if I didn't want the fancy wheels. I have my own stereo system to put into the DX, but only the EX has Anti-lock brakes and the roof compartment.

It looks like I have seen one or two deals on this site that were better than these, but I am new to this site.

Any responses would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • I am also new to this site. Is there a reason for all these leftover 03's? Overproduction? Underdemand? Dealers willing to hang on to them rather then sell them for a "good" price? Normally this far into the subsequent model year, last year's inventory would be long gone, so there must be a "rest of the story" to what is going on. Thanks.
  • lalagimplalagimp Posts: 61
    In the last week of December I paid $19850 for my 03 EX auto 4WD.

that included tax, title, dmv fees, destination

splash guards
    keyless
    carpet mats
    ashtray ( never got it installed i changed my mind)
    cargo cover
    seat back bungees
    skylight shadescreen
    free oil for 2 years/30K

And it came with 181 miles on it in the Washington DC area.

*Shrugs*
  • lalagimplalagimp Posts: 61
    yeah lots of people would hold onto them then cutting down lower then invoice. they don't get huge shipments so i don't think it's an issue of having to think they need to shove them out the door.

I did have a problem with a local dealer i went to first accusing me of making him my "santa claus" and then i went to the next dealer, told him everything i wanted and my range and had my car within 2 hours of paperwork and scheduling installation appointments.

I have though the last 30 days seen a few more willing to budge and random specials...
    It's weird eh?
  • bigfurbigfur Posts: 649
    I just moved here, looking at the element to replace my silverado 1500. Moved here from Minnesota, in Minnesota the Honda dealers wouldnt budge even a lil on any vehical. Does anyone know if south florida is the same way or can i make these people budge.
  • ztorinztorin Posts: 48
    I was recently quoted $20,182 online, ($19,692 + $490 Dest.) for a 2004 EX AWD Auto (w/side airbags). From what I've been reading on here the last month or so, that seems like a pretty fair deal right out of the starting gates. On the dealer's follow-up email, he even came back with free lifetime State Inspections (MA), which I will try to trade-up for free lifetime oil changes. How much more room does the dealer have?? $600 holdback, but what else?? Edmund's so called "bottom line" TMV w/destination is $21,220 , WELL OVER $1000 more than my online offer. Is this a pretty good deal considering I've spent a total of 5 minutes working it through email??
  • bshelbshel Posts: 232
    That is a good price. Looking at consumer reports buying guide, the Invoice is $19,923 add $490 destination and subtract $641 dealer holdback leaves you at $19772 (consumer reports wholesale price). Their internet price of $20,182 gives them a profit (reasonable) and that would be great to negotiate the oil changes in that deal.

Enjoy it!
  • ztorinztorin Posts: 48
    I used that pricing above, and went back to another dealer through email (I replied to his recent follow-up), and this new dealer came back with $19,990 INCLUDING the $490 destination, making it $19,500. How about that ???
  • bshelbshel Posts: 232
    that is a great price.