Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Matrix Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• yeucafeyeucafe Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,
    We are thinking of buying a 2008 Matrix, base model, in Oklahoma for $15600 including cruise control plus $299 processing fee.
    Does anyone know if this is a reasonable price? Or what the price should be? :confuse:
    We also consider having the power package installed. What the price of this package should be?
    Thank you for helping us. Appreciate! :) :shades:
  • Looks like a reasonable price. but there may be a bit of room to dicker as the 2009 is out and has some significant changes in body styling.
    Maybe you could get some dealer prices on the net to compare...
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,693
    Having the power package installed would be next to impossible and super-pricey in the aftermarket.

Do you mean you might buy a different car that has the power package and negotiate the higher price down?

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• Hello!

So I’ve decided to finalize my car shopping with a 2008 Toyota matrix. Put cash down ect, working on financing.

The deals seems to good to be true though, it was a stroke of luck. A vehicle that was sold, and ultimately fell out. The car is a 2008 Toyota matrix STD the base asking price was 16,200. Is this a good price? It seems to good to be true. The invoice was 17,300.
  • Sorry it is not an STD. MSRP was 18,7500. Invoice was 17,300.
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    2500 off msrp for an 08 is about an average deal. If you look up a used 07 with 14000 miles on it on kbb.com or nada.com it probably wholesales for less than 13000.

16200 for a new one is nothing to write home about unless the color is rare, options, etc... or unless low interest financing is kicked in .

Good luck
    --jjf

Sorry it is not an STD. MSRP was 18,7500. Invoice was 17,300.
  • dcamarcedcamarce Posts: 8
    Just got my Matrix 2009 Touring Edition $19,670 before freight & delivery.

1.8L dual VVT-i
    Fog lights
    Cruise control
    Scuff plate
    Rear lip spoiler
    Remote & key in one pc
    Dark Gray interior
    16" alloy wheels
    5 speed manual
    Privacy tinted windows, rear & passenger.

I chose 1.8L manual transmission for better fuel economy as the gas prices now
    are SOARING, I will let you know the fuel consumption in the next few weeks. :surprise:
    The interior design looks great not cheap plastic anymore compare to my previous 2007 model. :)
  • etchedetched Posts: 6
    Last week bought my T Matrix S FWD 2.4L 5-Spd Automatic Trans in magnetic Gray w/black int.
    -cruise control CL
    -All Weather guard package CK
    with rear seat heater ducts /heated outside mirrors
    -Power Tilt & Slide Moonroof with Sunshade SR
    -Carpet Floor Mats and rear Cargo Mat CF
    -Rear bumper protector EF

It was only on the lot for 20 days (shorter than some others), less than 10 miles on it, right before finalizing/paperwork, I emailed another dealer who sent me a lower price (brought email and stock # of matching vehicle to dealer where purchase was to be made), then presented dealer with new price, which he matched without discussion/argument. I told them that I was considering financing, but last minute, changed my mind and forked up the dough.

MSRP: 21665.00
    paid: $19532.00 (before doc fee/sales tax, title/plates)

P.S. I believe it is currently much easier to get the 2009 Matrix you want compared to a 2008 vehicle. I looked at other manufacturers and came up empty. Dealers were posting vehicle online that either weren't in inventory or were sold before they took delivery. I think it's sneaky to post a car that isn't for sale. Good luck out there.
    I think there are still quite a number of leftover '08s out there though. If dealers are already coming down $2000 below MSRP on '09s, I can't IMAGINE what kinds of deals they might be offering on '08s....

• skr2skr2 Posts: 32
    Does anybody know of any deals out there for a 2008 Matrix base (4-Speed Auto)? Any specials? Any special financing?
    I am in the dallas area.
    Thanks
    Here in the SF Bay Area many dealers are offering all remaining '08 Matrixes in stock for $2500-3000 off MSRP, depending on the dealer. Just find one in your area that's big, then go in and offer them $3000 below MSRP, better yet make them the offer via internet.

• lobelobe Posts: 10
    I'm sorry I can't answer directly, but perhaps this information might be a helpful frame of reference for you. I have an offer right now for a 2009 Matrix base 4-speed Auto. Has the power package, All Weather Guard Package
    Carpet Floor Mats (5-pc. Set)
    Cruise Control

MSRP is 19,459. Dealer will sell to me for $17,700. That is essentially invoice. Within dollars. Then there is the $129 "dealer prep" charge. That's it. (of course, title and plates-tags in your part of the country?). And then the taxes, but that isn't the dealer's fault. Oh, and though I don't need it, I might as well use it--0% financing for 36 months.

So if you can't come in for a similarly equipped 2008 for low $16's, I'm not sure why you would do it.

I have checked with larger dealers in the Chicago Area (but not too hard. they may be out there), and haven't found a 2008.

I don't know if that is helpful to you. Maybe you already knew about price range to shoot for and were just looking for help finding a car. Sorry. Would like to, but can't help you with that.
    They were clearing a lot of pontiac Vibe's 08 with msrp of 19500.(Higher than the toyota duplicate 08 matrix I Believe) for the low to mid 15000's (power, cruise, alloys,mats whatever else pref pkg with pontiac has). Thats an OK price since it (and the matrix like it) will wholesale used for about $12500 in a year (what an 07 is now on kbb.com etc)
    Pontiac warranty is better too. May be sold out of 08's in your area though

Good Luck
    --jjf
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Posts: 1,060
    How is the warranty any better. I thought both offered the 3 year 36,000 mile warranty???
    I believe the GM pontiac has 5years/100000 mi on the powertrain, vs 60000 on toyota?. Also gm may also have the 5 yr roadside asst., however you would have to check this out.

A good price on a 08 Matrix or Vibe with power acc, automatic, and alloys (msrp about 19500 for the pontiac at least ) is in the high 14000's low 15000's. If you start talking 16500 or such you may be able to do that on a 09 now or soon.

Good luck
    --jjf
  • pilewan8pilewan8 Posts: 3
    Hi!
    Just got a lease on a 2009 Matrix S Auto 5 speed 2.4liter for $ 259/36 months with 15k per year. The sticker price was $ 21000.Would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Joe
    How much up front did you pay??????????
  • pilewan8pilewan8 Posts: 3
    I paid $ 600 which includes the first months payment,taxes,mv etc.
    With the $600 added, you are paying approx. $10,000.00. ($9924) (to be exact) over the 3 year period. It sounds pretty good to me. I don't know what a three year old ($21,000.00 new) Matrix would be worth...but if a lease is what you need as to a purchase, then it sounds A.O.K. If you have a business and are writing off the lease payments, that's even better.
    I, personally, always buy instead of leasing...but the hassle of negotiating the trade-in sometimes makes me wander if I,also, shouldn't lease instead.
    You didn't say if you had a trade-in???? If you only put $600 down, I assume you did not have a trade-in. What is the buy back figure at the end of the lease???
    Anyway...good luck with your new Matrix.
  • ironlineironline Posts: 1
    I reside in the Kingston Ontario area and would like to purchase a 2009 Matrix XR with an automatic transmission.

This would be a cash deal also.

How much would a fair price be to pay?
  • rolypolyrolypoly Posts: 5
    Only option is Package A.

In Bay area, looks like:
    MSRP:$19129
    Selling price:$17100+ tax/doc fees

Anyone getting better deals than this?
  • I bought a 2009 matrix s awd:

MSRP: $24,435
    price paid: $22,121 (before tax, title and doc fees)
  • Just paid $18,600 before taxes & fees for a 2009 Matrix S automatic FWD Only options were heated sideview mirrors & rear heater ducts & bumper protection & floor & cargo mats. Live in NJ - is this a good price or could I have done better?
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    Could have done a little better. This car is less, and has VSC and Cruise. You can see the difference in MSRP value compared to your vehicle. Don't know how much extra in doc fees you had to pay.

2009 Matrix S

Enjoy your car, should be a great car for you.
  • 09 auto base w/ all weather + power + cruise + floor mat

MSRP 19,459
    Selling: 18,000 + doc fee + tax
    - 400 college rebate

bought in july
  • popsavalonpopsavalon Posts: 230
    09 base with power, cruise, mats, alloy wheels/all weather tires, roof rack.

MSRP $20,740

Gave $18680 + doc. fee + tax
  • matrix base manual msrp $18,779 selling price $17,000 is this a good deal? :confuse:

I am comparing the matrix and the mazda3 hatchback
  • mhk1mhk1 Posts: 1
    I'm looking at buying a Toyota Matrix in the very near future - Standard, 4-door hatchback (1.8L, 4 cyl 4A) with power package option. So, I was wondering what other people have bought it for. Any thoughts?
  • I am looking to find out a great price to offer / purchase on a 2009 Matrix - S MT, moon roof, carpet floor mats, cold weather package, and VSC in the Chicago / Milwaukee Sales Market? Want to purchase before 10-31-08.

Thanks
  • I ordered my car with the following options:
    EJ JBL AM/FM/6CD
    SR Power Tilt and Slide Moonroof
    AA 17" Aluminum Alloy Wheels
    CL Cruise Control
    VS Vehicle Stability Control
    CF Floor Mats
    EF Rear Bumper Protector
    Tinted Windows

Price paid: $21k MSRP: $24,500
This discussion has been closed.