Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MINI Cooper Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,621
    Park Distance Control?

You can reach out from the driver's seat... almost to the back bumper... ;)

Other than the slushbox, a nicely optioned car.. not too much wasted..

I think all-season tires are standard, unless you get the sport package.. then, they are a no-cost option.

I'd drop the alarm and the PDC, and get Xenons...

But, wait.... that would be my :) configuration..

What color?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• liz_wwliz_ww Posts: 5
    =) I could not live without PDC...my driving/parking skill is bad...at least it give me confidence, I hope. :sick:

Yes...I am stil considering the Xenons...but why the alarm unnecessary? People in US don't normally add that? would it protect the car from stealing?

the car is 85% possibility chili red...and lightening blue is also one of my consideration, will figure out at the test drive. :)
  • Does anyone have any experience with the Mini College Graduate program? I couldn't get any specific information regarding the discounts or incentives that program offers?
  • ej1111ej1111 Posts: 43
    Do you have a contact at the WI dealer you mentioned in your post a few days back? Im looking into a clubman and would be interested in where you heard about them discounting!

I believe minis CG program is identical to those offered by BMWs. in the past they have done small discounts on rates for leases and purchases.
  • I don't think we're allowed to post salepersons name's but here their website. International Autos, Milwaukee

The discount was available on the 2 remaining models of the Clubman S(I think it was an S but I could be wrong) and was offered because the cars were part of some kind of promotional campaign when the Clubman initially came out.
  • ej1111ej1111 Posts: 43
    I cant seem to get a hold of anyone there. Can you send me a message through the forum or an email at ej1111ATyahooDOTcom with someone you have talked to?
  • Check your forum inbox! :)
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,574
    My sub 3000 pound 3 series coupe tomorrow after work. I bought a 1990 E30 325iA :shades:

I can't wait~! ;)

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

Interesting.... but, this is a MINI forum... ;)

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,574
    sorry kyfdx. I thought I posted this in a different forum.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• riffster90riffster90 Posts: 6
    Hey all!
    I hope this has not been posted before... but i just test drove the mini yesterday.... It was love at first sight. Im already calculating the months of how long it will take to save up for a good down payment. Which leads to the money issue. Just wondering if anybody has gotten a great deal on the traditional finance option. Half price leather upgrade, thrown in a sound system... etc. And if anyone has how did you work your jedi mind tricks on the dealer, to accomplish the feat.
  • yellowbeltyellowbelt Posts: 1
    Anyone have a dealer recommendation - where to get a car at just MSRP?

Who gives the best money factor on leasing?

THanks
  • carlover3carlover3 Posts: 29
    I live in SanJose, CA, and looking for the best possible deal on a new Mini/S-model. Did anyone purchase a Mini in the BayArea/CA (or Northern CA like between BayArea and Sacramento), and was able to get a price below MSRP or some throw-in goodies (parts, service, etc.) ? please share on how to get the most for the money we pay for a Mini, and any dealer recommendation.
    My second question: Did the price of the new Mini go up year-by-year at all and about how much it went up ?
    Thanks in advance for all the info.
  • diggydoc1diggydoc1 Posts: 22
    I'm also interested in buying a '08 Cooper S in the next week or so. There hasn't been a lot of discussion on price around here for a while. Anyone have any advice on what I can expect?
    Ok so i have been reading around and have seen some slight hints that people have gotten deals from ordering past models of a mini. I was wondering if anyone has gotten a deal of this kind, because when i can afford getting my mini is sept-oct which is when most new models come out. So has anyone gotten a deal like this, for example i getting an '08 when the '09 is coming out in a couple months.
  • waterflamewaterflame Posts: 22
    Yep, the Mini dealer(Milwaukee,Wisconsin) I spoke to a month ago said that they do offer some discounts for past models. To be more specific, they knocked $1000 off the MSRP for the previous years model.

But here's the catch, the discount was going to be available for a month..in January 09 :(
  • carlover3carlover3 Posts: 29
    Can anyone please confirm when the 09' Mini Cooper S will be available for sale/ordering in US ? I talked on the phone to a saleperson of Concord/CA Mini and he told me that 09' model is not available until March 2009 but I don't know how to verify if it's an hostnest statement from that saleperson.
    And if anyone knows what are the major differences between 08' and 09' models of Mini Cooper S, and will there be any changes in the price ?
    I am trying to make a decision if I should order an 08' soon or wait for the 09' model to come out.
    Thanks much in advance-
    Car Lover!
    Hmmm... and im assuming thats just on the models that they have on the lot too? Because if u were gonna order an '08 in december they prob would not give u that discount huh? What do u think? :confuse:
    There was no discount.. '07 models @ $1000 off in January, '09..

IOW, "we don't discount"

Ahhh ok so not even the '08 models are going to be dicounted just '08s. Well that kinda stinks :(
  • sharmabmwsharmabmw Posts: 45
    I haven't seen below msrp in so. cal. some are even adding ridiculous premiums. any luck from others? on MCS
  • bziabzia Posts: 3
    looking to buy a 2008 chilli red08 hardtop, with black roof and mirrors, and automatic xmission for my wife. Only getting, mud flaps, fron and back rubber mats, and roof heli graphic as options. Best initial quote is $500 off MSRP.

Any insights or suggestions ?
  • weinerdog1weinerdog1 Posts: 3
    $500 off msrp is very very good, imo. The vast majority of dealers are able to sell at sticker(i'm in the midwest) or well over (2-3k in california in some places). Combine that with Mini sales going way up this year and it's not a buyers market.
  • apollo182apollo182 Posts: 4
    Hi everyone,
    im new to the forums and new to the MINI shopping. My fiance and me need another car we are both college students and want a mini clubman. the one i priced out is about 22500 on the mini site. we are looking at doing the MINI select financing. this sounds and looks like a great deal especially for us college students. im wondering if anyone has had experience with the MINI select financing. we are looking at about a 6000 down payment. im also anticipating i will need a parent to co-sign with me, if they worry about credit checks. we are also going to order the car and im curious how long it takes and do they need the money upfront before they order it. ANY HELP HERE WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED SINCE WE ARE GOING TO TEST DRIVE ONE HERE IN MILWAUKEE THIS WEDNESDAY.
    thanx,
    Jon
  • jacob0218jacob0218 Posts: 27
    I've read over 20 pages and not one mention of prices paid, everyone is asking for price and all that's mention is a bunch on nonsense. What a waste of time. :lemon:
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Posts: 6,257
    Everyone pays MSRP (or above).
    That's pretty much it..

Everyone is paying MSRP...

If you look back, you might find one or two people that got $500 off.. :surprise:

Makes it real simple... ;)

• ksmotoksmoto Posts: 4
    Jacob - purchased loaded 2007 Mini Cooper in March 2008 - MSRP 23, 500.
    Motor City Mini
    www.motorcitymini.com
  • tslbmwtslbmw Posts: 166
    I posted this under the Clubman heading in April:

08 Clubman S
    Lightning Blue Metallic/Silver C pillars/chrome line interior and exterior
    Blue Leather/Carbon Blk Cloth
    Clubman Lauch Package: Power folding mirrors, heated mirrors and jets, heated front seats
    Premium Package: Dual pane panoramic sunroof, Auto ac, Mini HiFi
    Sport Package
    Limited Slip
    White turn signal lights
    Foglights
    Ipod adapt
    Carpet Clubman mats
    MSRP $30,344
    Paid $29,700 + Tax (3% VA) + tags + $249 processing fee + online fees =
    OTD $31,187
    Put down $9400 financed the rest at 5.5% 60 mths $418 month

hope this helps. Like the host said, not much wiggle room on these cars....and the resale values prove it!
  • ppidori1ppidori1 Posts: 2
    Hi. I am interested in purchasing an 08 mini cooper S sometime this summer and had a couple questions:

1. Anyone know any mini dealers in southern california that gave/give good deals? (example: universal mini? bobs mini in calabasass?...)

2. I am a first time car buyer and was wondering how do you negotiate to get the best deal???

3. Is msrp the best price i would get?

4. Lastly, is the 08 mini cooper S (automatic) a good car to drive? does it give alot of problems??? if so wat kind?

thanks alot