Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MINI Cooper Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• plektoplekto Posts: 3,706
    See my previous post. What you do is you custom order the vehicle and then you get it exactly as you want. And you really DO want the sport package.
  • I just purchased a mini for my wife who happens to like fast, fun cars. She had a 3000 GT VR4 that I really liked as well as a BMW M3 that turned out to be a favorite. We just purchased a 2009 John Cooper Works for $23K with 10 K miles. You could always try and negotiate the price down. The dealership usually has a markup just because they know people typically want to feel that they talked there way down and have gotten a better deal than the "Average Joe". Bottom line is, do your due diligence and find a price for the car you want. Then try to get them to the price you are willing to pay for that car. If you have done your research, they will know and they will understand you are looking for a fair price. I paid asking price on my mini because through all of my research, I knew I found a great car at a good price. I love our JCW!
  • I ordered my Mini Clubman on the 9th of June. This is the first car I will have ever owned so needless to say I am SUPER excited. I got a pepper white ext. with black bonnet stripes, Nav system, sunroof, and auto transmission. And its the 2012 so I am quite happy about that. In the owners lounge for mini owners it says it is still on order, the first step. It has been 7 days, when does it usually go into production? I am more than anxious about it getting here!!! I live in Florida, so abut how long should I be looking at for anticipating the call from my dealer telling me it has arrived?! Thanks!
  • fierketfierket Posts: 6
    The owners lounge is usually behind and your baby is already in the next step. I have ordered 2 and that has always been the case. I got my 2011 Mini Countryman All4 in about 12 weeks from order. And my 2009 Cooper S took about 10 weeks. Just depends on when it gets into production and how long it has to wait for the boat ride. Enjoy it when you get it!
  • @fierket-when you ordered your cars did you live in Florida?
  • el3553el3553 Posts: 3
    I'm in LA southbay as well. Do you mind sending me the name of the dealer & manager who helped you out? Thanks!
  • el3553el3553 Posts: 3
    I'm ordering a '12 Countryman S. MSRP is $32,050 and two dealerships have given a final price of $31,500. Does this seem reasonable based on your experience w/ the Countryman? Should I expect to pay the delivery and doc fees?

Thanks for any advice.
    Check truecar.com Their prices and service use the same back-end as several other major sites.

Still, $32K is a lot of money for a car like that.
  • maddiesonmaddieson Posts: 2
    I love the mini cooper.Ever since I saw that car I've been courting my dad for one.Is it a high maintenance car?
    Unfortunately, while most of the car is very well built, the transmissions and engines are known to be problematic The S moreso due to the supercharger). And rather expensive to fix.

It's a great car. But it's not an economical choice by any means.
  • busirisbusiris Posts: 3,447
    I agree with Plekto.

Even though its labeled a MINI, its still a BMW product, and it has BMW performance characteristics, which makes it an extremely fun car to drive.

Unfortunately, it also shares another BMW characteristic, which is above average costs of repairs (when/if they are needed).

My wife bought a 2005 convertible new, and still owns it. She loves the car, and has been very fortunate in having low repair/maintenance costs. Still, she would tell you that it isn't the least expensive ride.

Its still not a car I would recommend to one on a limited budget, unless they were going to lease it, and only keep the car while under warranty.
  • Hey guys,

buying my first mini in the next couple weeks and need some advice.

I plan on ordering a 2012 bc i cant find what i want in a 2011 anywhere, im wanting a cooper S silver with black stripes and black wheels, im considering a package prob convineance but only if i can get it trown in for free bc i dont really want it that bad.

without the package the msrp online is 24,300 and id really like to pay no more that that total cost with all ttl and fees, and less if i can, what do you guys think??

Thanks ,
    Conner
  • Hi all,

I was hoping someone might be able to share the current residuals and money factors for 2012 Cooper Hardtop Base for 10/12/15K mile 36-month leases (assuming top tier credit). My Cooper is being picked up this Saturday, and I have a feeling the dealer is marking up the money factor (was quoted at .00170 last month, but now they say it has gone higher and I don't believe them).

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide!
    Matt
  • shaz2shaz2 Posts: 1
    I am looking at buying a used MINI in the next few weeks. I have my eye on a 2006 that I like the features best of any I see on the internet. I read on another forum to stay away from 2002-2006 models. Is this true? Any advise on things I should watch out for?
    Thanks!
  • There is a body and system difference. Better, much much better vehicle. Don't be afraid to give up on some features for an overall better vehicle.
  • Found this thread because I just bought a 2009 MINI and, though I've only driven it three times since having bought it, I hadn't noticed the "P" staying lit. You say, though, that that's how it should be, yes? Also, though, there's a light on top of the steering wheel that blinks. Is that the security system, or is that a problem trying to get my attention?
    Thank you in advance.
  • There is a whole group of MINI discussions, HERE, where you are more likely to find other owners and answers to your questions...

This discussion is for new car pricing..

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• tgr22tgr22 Posts: 1
    Hi
    I'd appreciate some advice. Does this sounds like a good deal on a used 2010 Mini Cooper S?
    $20K, 22kmiles, automatic, premium and sports pkg, bluetooth, piano black interior. Very clean. The car seems to have a bit of turbo lag from a dead stop, but from what I understand, that's normal.

Or would I be better off going for a new one at the .09 financing offered in January? I know they depreciate quite a bit as soon as you drive them off the lot. I haven't bought many cars in my life and would love to hear opions from more experienced buyers/Mini owners.
    Thank you.
  • randybeyrandybey Posts: 4
    I am one lucky dad. My daughter had an accident in her Mini Cooper. She had rear ended the car in front of her because two cars in front of her slammed on their brakes as did the car in front of her. Greatfull that it was a low speed impact and the car in front of her was not damaged. The bonnet (hood) of the Mini Cooper was bent and imediately the car burst into flames. The flames and smoke from the engine compartment filled the inside and luckly my daughter could get out of the car. Within minutes the car was totally in flames and the whole car a total lost. This site says that the safety of this car is good. Look at the safety tests on impact and there is none. No lawyer will touch this because there were no deaths or major injuries. How many people must die before Mini and BMW pull these death traps off the street. The transmissions, water pumps and electrical systems also cause fires to this car. Check to see how many recalls to the late model Mini Coopers there are. I just thank God that my daughter or no one else was injured or killed. If she had be stuck in the car for one minute more she would have died from the fames or smoke
  • joshknotjoshknot Posts: 17
    You've got to be kidding me.