Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

MINI Cooper Prices Paid

Comments

• plektoplekto Member Posts: 3,738
    See my previous post. What you do is you custom order the vehicle and then you get it exactly as you want. And you really DO want the sport package.
  • ctorres3307ctorres3307 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a mini for my wife who happens to like fast, fun cars. She had a 3000 GT VR4 that I really liked as well as a BMW M3 that turned out to be a favorite. We just purchased a 2009 John Cooper Works for $23K with 10 K miles. You could always try and negotiate the price down. The dealership usually has a markup just because they know people typically want to feel that they talked there way down and have gotten a better deal than the "Average Joe". Bottom line is, do your due diligence and find a price for the car you want. Then try to get them to the price you are willing to pay for that car. If you have done your research, they will know and they will understand you are looking for a fair price. I paid asking price on my mini because through all of my research, I knew I found a great car at a good price. I love our JCW!
  • miss_pulkadotmiss_pulkadot Member Posts: 2
    I ordered my Mini Clubman on the 9th of June. This is the first car I will have ever owned so needless to say I am SUPER excited. I got a pepper white ext. with black bonnet stripes, Nav system, sunroof, and auto transmission. And its the 2012 so I am quite happy about that. In the owners lounge for mini owners it says it is still on order, the first step. It has been 7 days, when does it usually go into production? I am more than anxious about it getting here!!! I live in Florida, so abut how long should I be looking at for anticipating the call from my dealer telling me it has arrived?! Thanks!
  • fierketfierket Member Posts: 6
    The owners lounge is usually behind and your baby is already in the next step. I have ordered 2 and that has always been the case. I got my 2011 Mini Countryman All4 in about 12 weeks from order. And my 2009 Cooper S took about 10 weeks. Just depends on when it gets into production and how long it has to wait for the boat ride. Enjoy it when you get it!
  • miss_pulkadotmiss_pulkadot Member Posts: 2
    @fierket-when you ordered your cars did you live in Florida?
  • el3553el3553 Member Posts: 3
    I'm in LA southbay as well. Do you mind sending me the name of the dealer & manager who helped you out? Thanks!
  • el3553el3553 Member Posts: 3
    I'm ordering a '12 Countryman S. MSRP is $32,050 and two dealerships have given a final price of $31,500. Does this seem reasonable based on your experience w/ the Countryman? Should I expect to pay the delivery and doc fees?

Thanks for any advice.
    Check truecar.com Their prices and service use the same back-end as several other major sites.

Still, $32K is a lot of money for a car like that.
  • maddiesonmaddieson Member Posts: 2
    I love the mini cooper.Ever since I saw that car I've been courting my dad for one.Is it a high maintenance car?
    Unfortunately, while most of the car is very well built, the transmissions and engines are known to be problematic The S moreso due to the supercharger). And rather expensive to fix.

It's a great car. But it's not an economical choice by any means.
  • busirisbusiris Member Posts: 3,490
    I agree with Plekto.

Even though its labeled a MINI, its still a BMW product, and it has BMW performance characteristics, which makes it an extremely fun car to drive.

Unfortunately, it also shares another BMW characteristic, which is above average costs of repairs (when/if they are needed).

My wife bought a 2005 convertible new, and still owns it. She loves the car, and has been very fortunate in having low repair/maintenance costs. Still, she would tell you that it isn't the least expensive ride.

Its still not a car I would recommend to one on a limited budget, unless they were going to lease it, and only keep the car while under warranty.
  • csstone495csstone495 Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys,

buying my first mini in the next couple weeks and need some advice.

I plan on ordering a 2012 bc i cant find what i want in a 2011 anywhere, im wanting a cooper S silver with black stripes and black wheels, im considering a package prob convineance but only if i can get it trown in for free bc i dont really want it that bad.

without the package the msrp online is 24,300 and id really like to pay no more that that total cost with all ttl and fees, and less if i can, what do you guys think??

Thanks ,
    Conner
  • msingletonmsingleton Member Posts: 4
    Hi all,

I was hoping someone might be able to share the current residuals and money factors for 2012 Cooper Hardtop Base for 10/12/15K mile 36-month leases (assuming top tier credit). My Cooper is being picked up this Saturday, and I have a feeling the dealer is marking up the money factor (was quoted at .00170 last month, but now they say it has gone higher and I don't believe them).

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide!
    Matt
  • shaz2shaz2 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at buying a used MINI in the next few weeks. I have my eye on a 2006 that I like the features best of any I see on the internet. I read on another forum to stay away from 2002-2006 models. Is this true? Any advise on things I should watch out for?
    Thanks!
  • bijoubaby05bijoubaby05 Member Posts: 23
    There is a body and system difference. Better, much much better vehicle. Don't be afraid to give up on some features for an overall better vehicle.
  • highway65highway65 Member Posts: 1
    Found this thread because I just bought a 2009 MINI and, though I've only driven it three times since having bought it, I hadn't noticed the "P" staying lit. You say, though, that that's how it should be, yes? Also, though, there's a light on top of the steering wheel that blinks. Is that the security system, or is that a problem trying to get my attention?
    Thank you in advance.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    There is a whole group of MINI discussions, HERE, where you are more likely to find other owners and answers to your questions...

This discussion is for new car pricing..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tgr22tgr22 Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    I'd appreciate some advice. Does this sounds like a good deal on a used 2010 Mini Cooper S?
    $20K, 22kmiles, automatic, premium and sports pkg, bluetooth, piano black interior. Very clean. The car seems to have a bit of turbo lag from a dead stop, but from what I understand, that's normal.

Or would I be better off going for a new one at the .09 financing offered in January? I know they depreciate quite a bit as soon as you drive them off the lot. I haven't bought many cars in my life and would love to hear opions from more experienced buyers/Mini owners.
    Thank you.
  • randybeyrandybey Member Posts: 4
    I am one lucky dad. My daughter had an accident in her Mini Cooper. She had rear ended the car in front of her because two cars in front of her slammed on their brakes as did the car in front of her. Greatfull that it was a low speed impact and the car in front of her was not damaged. The bonnet (hood) of the Mini Cooper was bent and imediately the car burst into flames. The flames and smoke from the engine compartment filled the inside and luckly my daughter could get out of the car. Within minutes the car was totally in flames and the whole car a total lost. This site says that the safety of this car is good. Look at the safety tests on impact and there is none. No lawyer will touch this because there were no deaths or major injuries. How many people must die before Mini and BMW pull these death traps off the street. The transmissions, water pumps and electrical systems also cause fires to this car. Check to see how many recalls to the late model Mini Coopers there are. I just thank God that my daughter or no one else was injured or killed. If she had be stuck in the car for one minute more she would have died from the fames or smoke
  • joshknotjoshknot Member Posts: 20
    You've got to be kidding me.
    I think he posted this exact same post about two weeks ago.
  • kandrivekandrive Member Posts: 19
    Had to share my excitement - we just ordered my new 2012 Mini Countryman Base model with the following options: Septronic automatic transmission, moonroof, heated leather seats, center arm rest, 3 rear seats, flat load floor, park distance control, bluetooth/usb/Ipod adapter, white turn signals in white w/black roof & interior, black alloy wheels & mirror caps. It will be here 5/15! Can't wait to give my feedback on it - we test drove a similar model without the options I wanted and it was a blast! A great small car that's lots of fun for the type of driving I do. I'm so looking forward to FINALLY having the Mini I've wanted for so many years. :D
  • dad2bedad2be Member Posts: 60
    Congrats! I'm looking at the Countryman as well (upgrading in size from my Cooper Hardtop.) What type of price did you pay?
    Negotiations so far are just verbal. When this Mini gets to the dealer (maybe 5/17 or 5/18) we were quoted $25,800 which is $1000 off MSRP ($26,800 w/options listed above). We called all the dealerships in So. California asking for quotes and that was the best price we could find for such a desired car so our nearby Mini dealership is matching it. No one had this actual model on their lots so we had to wait for a new shipment from the UK. We were told by all dealerships that they can't keep this car on the lot - they sell so fast - so they mainly sell them on "spec". We really had to search hard to find a Countryman Base w/automatic to test drive! Most Mini's on the lots are "S" models and AWD, which we didn't need/want, and the Base is sold almost as fast as they get them.

It's really a roomy car inside, very comfortable and with high quality details (to us, compared to other makes out there that are similar - I've driven them all) and the Mini is so much fun to drive! The Base has all the power I need since I'm not an aggressive driver. The dealer let us take it on the frwy and up towards our local mountains to make sure it had enough "guts" - which it does, in spades. We think Mini did a great job, in our opinion, for making this a crossover from the classic Mini - a fun car with a bit more room. I'm a little biased right now due to my excitement of finally having a Mini - lol!
  • jeb3779jeb3779 Member Posts: 16
    Found a 2012 countryman s with premium package and bluetooth for 26,879. It's a demo so they have discounted from 30,300. Am I able to negotiate with them to get lower or are demo prices pretty set? this is a really good deal right?
    To update, upon delivery of the 2012 MINI Countryman we were able to negotiate $1,250 off the MSRP which brought the final cost from $26,800 to our price of $25,550! Thrilled with this - the dealer was great to work with and the car was exactly as we had ordered it. Loving it thoroughly and have no regrets at all that we chose a MINI Countryman!
    What's included in the "premium" package? Also, how many miles on the demo? Automatic or Manual? As for negotiating, it never hurts to ask for a lower price - we were originally offered $750 off ours (2012 Countryman Base w/automatic, moonroof, heated leather seats, rear back-up sensors, etc.) and we ended up getting $1250 off the MSRP. Had to special order it tho and wait for 3 weeks but it was well worth the wait!

Good luck - it sounds like a great price depending on the options! Hope it works out for you - it's an amazing car!! Loving mine!
    thanks for replying...the premium package is

Premium Package - $1,750
    Includes: [302] Anti-Theft Alarm System And [322] Comfort Access Keyless Entry And [345] Chrome Line Interior And [431] Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror And [521] Rain Sensor and Auto Headlights And [534] Automatic Climate Control

it is automatic and has bluetooth. around 3k miles and it is a countryman s
    Me, personally? I'd jump on it but I'm not an expert on prices. My Countryman Base has the keyless entry, chrome line interior and auto-dimming rear view mirror and bluetooth, but I chose additional options of heated leather seats, moonroof, rear back-up sensors, center arm rest/console. I think I have rain sensors, auto headlights and climate control but haven't programmed the car yet (if I do) since I just got it - straight off the boat from the UK. We paid $25,550 and it's not an "S" which definitely go for a bit more.

If you love it and you're completely comfortable with the car, I think it's a good price (in my humble opinion). Your dealer took a good amount off of MSRP (again, imo) but you can try for lower. ??
    I have researched all the dealers in the area and this is def the best deal i have found. i will need to drive 2.5 hrs each way but it's worth is to save a few thousand dollars
  • mare0114mare0114 Member Posts: 2
    Hi -- has anyone had any success in getting a Countryman ALL4 for less than full MSRP? I'm looking to lease a 2012 and was basically just given the "this is a hot car so we can't quote less than MSRP as configured". I understand the popularity of the vehicle impacts pricing but will probably push back some. Just not sure whether this is a losing proposition or whether I can expect some room for improvement. Thanks!
    We recently purchased - not leased - a 2012 Countryman Base FWD and were told the same thing: Price not negotiable from the MSRP because it's such a desired car.

My husband started getting online quotes from other MINI dealerships and they were offering from $500 to $1,000 off MSRP (after adding desired options). We took those quotes to our local MINI dealership and to get our business, they discounted $1,250 off the MSRP. We basically "built" our car and had to wait for it to ship here, so it was not a car that was physically on the lot.

I'm not knowledgeable about leasing vehicles and don't know if negotiations are different. Just sharing our experience, in case it may be helpful to yours.
  • axc4466axc4466 Member Posts: 4
    I ordered yesterday 2012 Mini Cooper Convertible in the San Diego area. Options:

Manual transmission
    Satellite gray leather seats
    H/K sound system
    Bluetooth/iPod adapter
    Comfort access system
    Chrome interior
    Fog lights
    + maybe couple fo small items.

MSRP: $31250 + TTL
    Purchase price: $29000 + TTL

It will take 10-11 weeks to take the delivery.
  • marymousemarymouse Member Posts: 5
    bought a 2012 mini cooper hardtop june 10th 2012

msrp 19,500
    bayswater package 3,000
    bluetooth 500
    automatic 1250
    destination 700

total 25,200

paid 24,700
    got free armrest for middle 315.00
    got free silver gas cap 62.00
    got free mini duffle bag 58.00

also got a huge bag of goodies, stuffed dog, towel, keychain, pen, water bottle, hat, that I am returning for front rubber matts.
    bought car in sw florida mini dealer, I checked alot of places most were not doing deals. its a hot car ya know. did get free maintenance for 3 years 36 miles though.
    Enjoy your new ride. My wife has an 07 convertible and still loves it. And, floor mats do probably have more utility that key chains and stuffed animals... Good move there.

Btw, every Mini comes with 3/36 free maintenance...
  • mesherrymesherry Member Posts: 6
    How do you find out when these take-down events are scheduled? Here in SoCal there are a number of dealers - but I can't seem to find any upcoming events. Is this a rare occurrence?
    Thanks - looks like I missed it...
  • minibuyer182minibuyer182 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2012
    Got a quote for about $770 below MSRP. I've read other posts with better deals ($1000+ below)... so I'll continue to search around.
  • greatspacegreatspace Member Posts: 1
    Mini Cooper Countryman $1,400 below MSRP in San Diego
  • madelynvmadelynv Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm making a deal with a private seller for 2010 mini cooper hard top with moon roof and automatic suspension.(pepper white body, black top) It has 29k miles and no special packages or other specs. Car is in a good condition, but not amazing.
    How does $17500 sound for this car? I need some good advices. Thanks a lot.
  • minibuyer182minibuyer182 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply. I eventually got it down to 1,300 below MSRP.
    Does anyone want to estimate how much a less a new 2012 hardtop is worth in resale value vs the same 2013 car? There still seem to be enough 2012 cars left (if you can be flexible with colors & options) so I'm thinking prices should adjust downward in August to reflect the year over year depreciation.

Also - any rumors about August incentives or financing deals, are all the 2012 models now on the lots and when will the first non, owner-build 2013's arrive on the lots for sale?

Thanks!
  • greglasergreglaser Member Posts: 1
    There is a certified preowned base hard top I'm considering buying. It's got the cold weather and the sport package with nav, arm rest 34k miles. One year left on the warranty. Overall looks great. Two owners one corporate 1.5 years and a 3 year personal lease. They were asking 18995, right away the dealer came down to 17995, I offered 16000 bottom line ; he came back with 16680. Is it worth it??
    Thanks
    G
  • toyoken106toyoken106 Member Posts: 2
    I just found a 2011 Clubman S, white, 18,500 miles, auto, Cold Weather Pkg, Sports Pkg and P-moon roof. It's sitting on an Audi lot...asking price 24,900. 1 owner trade. Any idea how far down I can negotiate the price or what is considered a good deal? Any help would be appreciated. I do not have a trade, so just need to know what to pay.
    You can answer 1of your questions by going to the Mini site, or on Edmunds, and configure the exact car, only as a new one. What's the difference in price? Remember, 1/2 the bumper-to-bumper warranty is already gone on the used one.

Quite often, used lots won't reduce the price significantly. It all depends on how much the used dealer has invested in the car.

It wouldn't surprise me to find a new car to be the better deal overall.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    Post your question here on REAL WORLD TRADE IN VALUES (Be very specific w/ color/options...) & qbrozen will give you the cars auction value & an idea of a good price to pay.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• dwarephotodwarephoto Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy a used 2006 Mini 1.6L with just under 100k on the motor. 5 Speed Manual. It is very very clean. I was wondering how your 2006 worked out for you? Could you share your experience?
  • dk512dk512 Member Posts: 4
    Could anyone recommend me a dealership near north new jersey? I've been in touch with prestige, mini of manhattan, princeton mini, and morristown mini. Out of all of them, only prestige gave me a price by phone/email. Rest of the dealerships suggest for me to come in to tell me price. So typical!

So, any recommendations? Thanks in advance.
  • theredrovertheredrover Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    I bought a brand new, base model 2013 Mini Cooper Hardtop in early summer of 2012 at Mini of Tempe in Arizona.

-Chili Red
    -White Roof and Mirrors
    -White Bonnet Stripes
    -Auto Climate Control
    -Auto Headlights
    -Sirius Satellite Radio
    -Panoramic Sunroof
    -Automatic Transmission
    -Bluetooth Connectivity
    -Window Tint

I used the College graduate discount for $500 off. I paid a total of 22650.00 with all taxes and fees included (253.32 Licensing Fee, 489.00 Documentary Fee, 8.00 Miscellaneous Fees). They threw in a lot of the aftermarket add-ons for free.

I traded in my blue 2008 Honda Fit (automatic, but otherwise base everything) with 7500 miles and minor hail damage on it for $13000.

I should mention the car buying experience was beyond phenomenal. I thought I was going to have to go in there with my teeth bared to stay within my budget, but they were more than happy to help me get what I needed. They walk through all of the features with you there after you purchase the car, and even sent a hand-written thank you note after my purchase. MINI also sent a welcome package just today (about 10-11 months after purchase) filled with goodies and thank you presents. Couldn't have had a better experience and I love my MINI. Look for Schmitty if you go to this dealership.

I hope this helps. Good luck in your search.