Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Impala Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• The only reason why I called Country Chevrolet in Warwick is to see if they can get me the same GMAC financing they got for me 5 months ago. Frank chevrolet can't do it because apparently, they deal with another GMAC branch that is asking me for $10,000 down! They must not have as much pull as some of the "Upstate" dealerships, and Country chevy tells me they can do it because they are a "platinum dealer".

You would think getting pre-approval in one dealership, you'd be able to use that anywhere?

Now, I may go to Harriman which is in the same area as Country, but there's no guarantee their finance manager can;

A. Get me the same financing
    B. Would be willing to swap cars with Frank Chevrolet

I may just have to go somewhere else, start over and buy an 07. But I'm definitely not dealing with Country chevrolet. :mad:
  • Your absolutely right. I'm not going back to Warwick, because sure they got me financing. But they suddenly turned from Jekkyl to Mr. Hyde when it came to talk price.

$29,000 for an 06!!! Frank was selling it to me for $21,600!!
  • Too bad you couldn't get a loan from another source...I know where you can get a nice '06 with 950 miles on it for $19,900.00......... ;)
  • hipercohiperco Posts: 9
    Hey, I'M interested in an 06 like that, could you tell me the details :)
  • Red, no problems, in my garage.............in new jersey........no tire kicking , it's brand new.....and yes , it's an SS with the 5.3.............talk later........bryan
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,677
    Ahem... I sure hope this isn't a a sales transaction taking place in the Forums since that's not permitted. If someone were to want to do that, I would probably suggest that each of the parties make their e-mail addresses "public" in their profiles.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• hipercohiperco Posts: 9
    Just wondering if anyone can recommend dealerships selling Impala SS's at or below Edmunds invoice pricing? (Without adding "regional advertising", etc).
  • Bad news gentleman.

So I received a call from Frank Chevrolet that GMAC had turned me down. I know my credits not all that great, but I was pre-approved in December, and my credit's only improved. But wait - it get's better!

So I call back the dealership I was pre-approved at in December - Country chevrolet (warwick NY). I speak to the Finance manager (XXXX) and I explain the situation and that I was pre-approved a few months ago at his wonderful establishment. I was straight up with him in that there was an 06 SS at another dealership I wanted to purchase, and that the dealership had no problem swapping the car out so I wanted to see what he can do. He says no problem, and that he'll call me back in 20 minutes.

Finance manager calls me back within 20 minutes and BANG pre-approval from GMAC at their low incentive financing. (Which I find something funny about that, but that's neither here or there.) He says he can do that because he's a PLATINUM DEALER. HOLLA!! He tells me he'd rather me purchase an 07, (Of course) I say thanks but no thanks, I'm already set on the on the Black 06.

So he tells me to come by the next day, I take a 1 hour ride to Warwick NY.
    I finally get there driving over mountain after mountain, and guess what? XXXX the finance manager's not there today. (Mind you my impatient wife, and agitated 1 year old daughter in the car with me) He has a dealer by the name of Tom expecting me with a brand new white 07 that has my name on it. I immediately explained to XXXX that I was upfront with FINANCE MANAGER about only wanting to do business purchasing the 06. XXX says "FINANCE MANAGER said he was clear to buy a car here on this lot or the deal is off". BS

This morning, I call FINANCE MANAGER and asked him one last time, Can you pick up the 06 SS and finance the gosh darn car for me? He says to me as long as the other dealership has no problem he'll sell me the car. He'll call them and get back to me in an hour. 8 hours later I receive a call from XXXX, another one of his dealers. This guy was th most moronic, insulting individual I have ever spoken to in my life. He tells me "Hi. My name is XXXX and I've been a dealer for 14 years. Wayne asked me to call you." We will pick up the 06 and we are willing to sell you the vehicle for $29,000. Laughing I almost drove off the Tappan Zee bridge driving home from work. I said PLEASE STOP IT DEALER. Let me explain something to you, I have already received a price in writing from Frank Chevrolet at $21,600, nevermind the fact that I can get an 07 for $2000 less than your quoting me for an 06. Mad

In short, he tell's me "Well, if we got you financing, we have to make some money - "Plus it WILL ESTABLISH YOUR CREDIT" LMAO. I told DEALER, if I wanted to establish my credit, I would apply for a secured Visa, not buy a $30,000 vehicle that's valued at $22,000. He then tells me, "why do you want to buy an 06? Don't you know it will only be worth $18,000 when you drive off?" YES DEALER. WHICH IS PRECISELY WHY I DON'T WANT TO PAY $29,000 FOR THE CAR.

I TOLD FINANCE MANAGER UPFRONT, I DON'T EXPECT YOU TO LOSE MONEY, BUT IF YOU CAN HELP ME, I WILL PAY A LITTLE MORE SO YOU CAN MAKE A PROFIT. NOT $7-8,000 MORE. HOW INSULTING!

So basically, this dealer is using GMAC as leverage to get me to pay MSRP on a vehicle. I told him I'd rather keep my 94 Vigor. What do I do now? I thought a decent sale for them is better than no sale.
  • your repeating yourself..... :sick:
  • They removed my post. Had to delete the names. :sick:
  • My Impala is running great , I love it.....colchester47@yahoo.com...if anyone wants to know more about it.. ;)
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    Sure, I'll sell you an 06 Impala SS for $29000, and give you 1.9% financing to boot. Treat you just like a 780 fico score and I'll include wheel locks, fabric and paint sealant, undercoat, floor mats and a date with the girl at the desk (who will cancel due to her mothers sudden illness).

Sorry about your troubles
    --jjf

said PLEASE STOP IT DEALER. Let me explain something to you, I have already received a price in writing from Frank Chevrolet at $21,600, nevermind the fact that I can get an 07 for $2000 less than your quoting me for an 06. Mad

In short, he tell's me "Well, if we got you financing, we have to make some money - "Plus it WILL ESTABLISH YOUR CREDIT" LMAO. I told DEALER, if I wanted to establish my credit, I would apply for a secured Visa, not buy a $30,000 vehicle that's valued at $22,000. He then tells me, "why do you want to buy an 06? Don't you know it will only be worth $18,000 when you drive off?" YES DEALER. WHICH IS PRECISELY WHY I DON'T WANT TO PAY $29,000 FOR THE CAR.

I TOLD FINANCE MANAGER UPFRONT, I DON'T EXPECT YOU TO LOSE MONEY, BUT IF YOU CAN HELP ME, I WILL PAY A LITTLE MORE SO YOU CAN MAKE A PROFIT. NOT $7-8,000 MORE. HOW INSULTING!
  • $29,000 for an '06?...What options?..what mileage?
  • Not here to advertise Carmax, but they seem to be able to do a lot with financing if you have any issues. I looked at the Impalas in the Richmond, VA area and they had some with low miles for 16Kor better. :D I bought a 1994 Chevy van there once and it was for sure a premium used car, but they got a premium price too. Financing was the easiest I have ever seen and I was out the door in about 1 hour. FWIW I just bought an '04 Impala for 13.5K at the local Chevy dealer (Heritage Chevy in Chester, VA) with only 11K miles, so there are some pretty good deals out there. These cars are a lot of times used by "geezers" (sort of like me) and you can find them used and in very good shape w/low miles. :shades:
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,677
    Thanks for taking the time to do that. I know it's a pain.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Hey everyone. I bought my 06 SS just about 3 weeks ago. Bought it from Young Chevrolet in Layton Utah fro $22,750 and that was with tax and all of the other ?? things they charge. It was on th elot for 492 days. Apparently it was a custom order with the laser metallic blue paint as well as the wood grain rim. It was placed back in the corner and I guess the guy who bought failed on his financing. Not sure how that happened) Anyway, I was having my Avalanche worked on and started talking to the guy I bought my Avalanche from. I asked for some numbers. He gave me their MSRP sheet, I then started calling different dealers in the areas and just started dealing with prices. I started quoteing $1k less to each dealer till I got down to the lowest I could get then I started applying the rebates they they were offering. I know there are some that may be getting a better price out there but for this area, I got a really gor price with an excellent dealership.

:)
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    What was the MSRP and tax on your SS?

thanx --jjf

Hey everyone. I bought my 06 SS just about 3 weeks ago. Bought it from Young Chevrolet in Layton Utah fro $22,750 and that was with tax and all of the other ?? things they charge. It was on th elot for 492 days. Apparently it was a custom order with the laser metallic blue paint as well as the wood grain rim. It was placed back in the corner and I guess the guy who bought failed on his financing. Not sure how that happened) Anyway, I was having my Avalanche worked on and started talking to the guy I bought my Avalanche from. I asked for some numbers. He gave me their MSRP sheet, I then started calling different dealers in the areas and just started dealing with prices. I started quoteing $1k less to each dealer till I got down to the lowest I could get then I started applying the rebates they they were offering. I know there are some that may be getting a better price out there but for this area, I got a really gor price with an excellent dealership.
  • geffengeffen Posts: 278
    I just recently made a posting in another topic however i'll post it here, i've been looking at a 2007 Impala LS used priced at 17,500 with 3,800 miles on it, I haven't seen many postings on the 07 Impala.
  • This entire story just makes me cringe!!! I recently tried to get specific information about GM special financing rates and what the criteria were to qualify through GM specifically and was bounced through 5 different phone numbers. THey then in the end told me I had to go to a dealership to "pre qualify". When I called 3 seperate dealerships their reply was "come on down, we can get you into a car". No thanks.

Why do these people have to play so many flippin games with people and just be upfront and honest???? Money I know.