Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo XC90 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
Have you recently purchased or do you plan on purchasing an XC90? What did you pay? How did you negotiate?

Comments

• jp666jp666 Posts: 15
    I paid $ 1500 under MSRP. I went to a PA dealer on the last day of the month and within one hour of closing and told them I would order a car immediately if he met my price...They did and I am happy. I have to wait 10 weeks but I only ordered the options I wanted...
  • We ordered our '04 XC90 in February. It arrived July 3. We paid MSRP, due to the popularity of the vehicle in our area (Louisville, KY) Though I have only seen 1 or 2 on the road in our area, quite a few people were on the waiting list for pre-ordered XC90's.
    The buying experience was relatively quick and the salesman at Volvo of Louisville was extremely knowledgeable about the car, particularly with regards to performance and handling. He was somewhat curious about the subwoofer and asked us to bring some high bass cd's with us when we picked it up. Evidently we were the first to order the XC90 with the subwoofer from that dealership.
    Depending on the area you live in, purchasing an XC90 below MSRP is possible, if it's from dealer stock. But if you are ordering a vehicle with specific color and option combinations, be prepared to pay sticker. They know you want it bad, or you wouldn't be ordering it.
  • max63max63 Posts: 72
    Will be picking up the new ride soon and paid MSRP. I live in SoCal and thought getting under sticker would be possible. After Emailing many dealerships, all told me sticker. Also went in person and was told by the salesman sticker. I agree with the last poster, if there is something on the lot that has not sold they might cut you a small break. Anyone who is leasing the XC90, the number I got was .00179 on the money factor and 49% residual after 4 years and 15k allowed per year. If you want to have some choice in color/options, see whats coming into the dealership and pick up one of those. This way your not waiting too long for it to come in. Good luck!
  • We purchased black with black (charcoal?) leather interior `04 XC90 with AWD, 2.5T engine configuration and the following option packages:
    Premium package
    Climate package
    17-inch wheels (free upgrade on `04 models)
    Premium sound
    Subwoofer

$41,095 pre-tax.
  • Just ordered a 04 xc90 - all options except nav, xenon, security for $1,500.00 under MSRP from Columbus, OH dealership (due in Oct). I could not deal with Louisville or Lexington, KY at that amount. Nor, with Charleston, WV. All those dealers were stuck on MSRP firm. Good luck to all and check the high volume dealers - that's where the deals are.
  • That's a great price! I may have considered a high volume dealer, but didn't want to travel 4 plus hours to take a chance on being strung along.

What are the details of your purchase, i.e. T-6 or 2.5, color, options listed and final price?

My experience was the dealerships were a little more flexible with what was in dealer stock. If you ordered, on the other hand, we paid msrp.

I had the same experience (to a lesser degree) when we talked to GMC about ordering an Envoy. Anything on the lot they were willing to go 0% financing or cash back. But if you didn't want what they had in stock, they were less flexible.
  • It is a T6 white w/taupe; versatility, premium, climate, wood steering wheel, reverse warning, leather knob for $44,070.00 (price paid) - $45,570.00 (MSRP). Good luck to all. With what I saved, I hope to have a Ent. System put in it by the dealer in Oct/Nov.
  • sbub78sbub78 Posts: 1
    Message for jp666:

Could you tell me the name of the dealership in PA where you were able to negotiate $1500.00 off sticker price?

Thanks
    They did not want me to tell anyone about their willingness to negotiate. I will let you know the name once I get it delivered and that I am hopefully happy....but shop in Montgomery County......
  • jesstjesst Posts: 8
    Has anyone found any below MSRP prices in Northern California? I heard that there will be price increases happening soon...Base +$400, Navigation +$100, other packages +$50. Is this true????? Looking for the XC90 T6.
  • JP666

When will your new car arrive? I am interested in knowing the exact dealership you bought your car in montgomery county. Keep us posted.
    I expect my xc90 t6 to arrive late sept - early oct. We are excited and hope all the problems folks have been writing about don't occur on mine.

I also ordered the silver inlay so I should be able to comment on that as well.
  • Does anyone hear this news "Volvo will have price increases across the board for all 2004 models"?

My volvo agent called me this past weekend told me this news and in order to honor my deal, I have to sign a fixed price agreement which saying I have to pay the msrp, no negotiation. I have recently ordered XC90 T5

Thanks
  • rollierollie Posts: 337
    Hmmmm...I don't know. I think now that the factory is going again I suspect supply and demand are starting to equal out. Volvo just released a small number of XC90s for discount under the Overseas Delivery program. That of course doesn't preclude the possibility of a price hike of course (and the only mention I've seen so far has been a 2% hike for 2005 XC90s so far.)

Contact me offline and I'll point you to some places that might be able to provide some more insight.

Thanks.

-rollie
    rdollie@att.net
  • I have been hearing there was going to be a price increase. I have been checking the Volvocars.com web site and as of 9/1 the prices HAVE gone up. You can get the full details by building your car w/ the options that you want. I priced the T6 and the base MSRP was $40565 prior to 9/1 and it is now $40965.

Price increases were to happen on everything with the exception of the XC70. (I've only looked into the XC90 though.)
  • We are located in Raleigh, NC, and are trying to buy an 2004 XC-90. We have been informed at the local dealership that they are not negotiating off the MSRP and that we will probably going to have to order what we want (to deliver in late November). I have several concerns, the first being that the prices seem to be going up very rapidly. We are looking at around $45k for an AWD 2.5T vs $47k for a T6 (both loaded.) These prices seem to be much more than those posted by other purchasers on the message boards. Has anyone had luck getting a dealer to take less than sticker and, if so, can you recommend a dealership? Also, can anyone give us concrete advice on which engine is truly the better choice? We are weighing gas mileage vs. performance and are reading and hearing mixed reviews. Finally, are there any long-term Volvo owners that can comment on depreciation, resale, reliability, and maintenance costs? We have driven Acura and Toyota products for many years and wonder if we're in for a good or bad experience as compared to the Japanese makes.
  • Zelda,

The price increase affects the 2004 models and should be considered THE price by now. We ordered our XC90 on February 1, 2003 and were told then that our order was going to be processed in the middle of the model 03' and 04'. The sales rep told us that we could end up with an 04' and he would let us know for sure in a month or so. He also stated that if it was an 04' that the price would go up by approx. $500 dollars, but Volvo would be offering free scheduled maintenance for the first three years, I believe (I will need to verify that from my records). By late March-early April he contacted us and confirmed the 04' model and the price increase. We received July 3, 2003.
    Our vehicle configuration and price is as follows:
    Black 04' XC90 2.5T AWD
    Premium package
    Climate package
    Dolby surround stereo
    subwoofer
    17" Neptune wheels (standard on 04' with premium pckg)
    Total pre-tax was $41,095 (from memory-could be off a few dollars)
    Dealer would not consider negotiating below sticker due to popularity of the vehicle and waiting list of orders, but this was early in the year. Once the hype dies down, you may find a dealer willing to negotiate on dealer stock.

We have been pleased with the performance and capabilities of the 2.5T. 4 adults, luggage and 2 sets of golf clubs on trip to Destin, FL from Louisville, KY was great. Engine performed great with the weight on all grades on the highways. Passing ability was not a concern.
    Gas mileage was 23 mpg.
    Thus far we have 4400 miles on it and couldn't be happier.

Good luck on whatever you decide to purchase.
  • I put down my deposit today on a 2.5T AWD w/ versatility, climate, premium, xenons, and premium audio. Deal was for $500 below MSRP and added winter mats and additional child booster for free. No haggling. Delivery date 11/18/03. The price has increased from last year, but this now includes 17 inch wheels and free service for 3 years or 30K miles. So it evens out.

I have looked at every mid sized SUV out there and I kept coming back to the Volvo. The safety features and the ride won me over. There are no seven seaters with this great a ride. The car is more expensive than some of the competition, but in the end I had to go with what appears to be the safest SUV on the planet.

Thanks to all who posted messages. I will keep you updated.
  • Not sure if everyone is aware but Volvo recently put the XC-90 on the ford X-Plan. So far X-Plan prices beat all of the deals people have posted. The only hurdle is working for a company that offers the X-Plan (or knowing someone who does).
    As an example a T6 with the prmium package, climate package, versatility package, wood steering wheel and a leather gear shifter would MSRP for $45,170 but you could get it under the X-Plan for $43,055 with no negotiating.
    Here are all the current X-Plan prices:

XC90 PRICES: MSRP X Plan Price
    Base Car
    XC90 2.5T $34,440 $33,058
    XC90 T6 Automatic $40,565 $38,930
    Destination Charge $685 $685

Packages
    Premium Package T6 AWD $1,300 $1,141
    Premium Package 2.5T $3,825 $3,354
    Climate Package $595 $522
    Versatility Package $1,675 $1,469
    Security Package $675 $592

Stand Alone Options
    Metallic paint $450 $395
    All Wheel Drive $1,750 $1,535
    Center Booster Cushion $150 $132
    Rear Audio Head Phone $100 $88
    Navigational System $1,895 $1,662
    Premium Sound System $750 $658
    Cargo Net $300 $264
    Subwoofer $300 $264
    Reverse Warning System $400 $351
    Bi-xenon Headlamps $500 $439
    Wood Steering Wheels $300 $264
    Leather Gear Shift Knob $50 $44
    Aluminum 18" Alloy Wheels $750 $658
  • adp3adp3 Posts: 446
    how do you find out if you work for a company that offers the X-Plan?