Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC90 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tetsutetsu Member Posts: 2
    bsec -

I live in the Bay area so it may not be an apples to apples comparison, but I purchased a 2.5T AWD with the opions you mentioned plus the navi system, bi-xenons, premium sound, 18" wheels and the wood steering wheel for $ 45,500. This was about 4 weeks ago.

The dealers should be eager to move 2005 stock out, so I would imagine you can negotiate further.
  • johnnyboy1johnnyboy1 Member Posts: 2
    bought an 05 xc90 2.5t fwd, premium pkg, versatility pkg, wood steering wheel yesterday for $37,380. this amount included a $3500 discount to msrp and a $1000 loyalty bonus.
  • bondguy1bondguy1 Member Posts: 231
    My brother leased a new XC90 from Volvo of Palm Beach. Ask for the manager there and give him my name, Dean. He should remember me and he should give you a price quote on the phone. Our market here in S Florida is very competitive and he was the best price out of 5 dealers we checked. Also, there is a special going on right now I think until the end of July where the Premium Pkg is included at not extra cost ($2,999 savings).
  • merk850merk850 Member Posts: 14
    I am trying to decide whether to buy a used 2003 2.5 or T6. Can anyone tell me the general consensus on this issue. I will not be towing anything, would prefer better gas mileage, and smooth ride. Is the T6 counter productive to this?

I have the opportunity to buy from a private party a T6 2003 36,000 premium package, versatility package. all options with towing capacity for $29,000. Edmunds says dealer trade in is $30,200 and third party is $31,200.

I know a 2.5 would be less money (if I found a third party sale)

So..... I feel it is a good "deal" but would be better suited to someone who wants a 2.5? Any thoughts or experiences would be welcomed?

What are the real world differences with the T6 or 2.5?

Thanks!">
  • vinselvinsel Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am trying to find out if it is possible to bargain on option and/or car price when doing an OSD.

Thanks,
  • kl644kl644 Member Posts: 4
    According to my dealer ship here on the east-coast 'prices are set in stone'. No negotiating possible. Once car is delivered to US dealership I'll get a free rubber mat to protect the cargo space. Wooohooooo!

Picking up my XC90 in August for a two week European vacation. Cannot wait!
  • sandiegobriansandiegobrian Member Posts: 2
    San Diego dealership just quoted me $38,499 for the exact same car.
  • mudfudmudfud Member Posts: 6
    The Chicago area dealer lowered his price a couple of weeks ago (after the July free Premium Package incentive was announced), and so I drove home a XC90 2.5 T AWD, Silver Metallic, with Versatility, Premium and Climate for $38,200. :) Essentially this is invoice price minus the invoice cost for the premium package.
  • klockboyklockboy Member Posts: 33
    XC90 - V-8, No Bi-Xenons, No Rear-Park, No Rear Entertainment

List close to $50K even - Lease Based on Sales Pice $41,800
    (owner loyalty added another $1,000)

39 Months with 45K Miles.

$531/month, Including Tax - Only first month and tags due at lease signing.

There are deals out there if you are armed with the correct information and buy at the end of the month.

Good Luck to Everyone...
  • sandiegobriansandiegobrian Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2005 XC90 with AWD, Premium and Versatility package, Navigation, Titantium metallic paint, wood steering wheel, park assist, 18" alloy wheels. Total of $40,484.

Free loaner car during service. The first four services are free. :)

I did trade in a 2002 Tahoe for $19,500 that was probably worth 21K trade in or 23K open market. So they might have got me little there. :(

Carlsbad, California.
  • okboaterokboater Member Posts: 1
    What dealer did you get this deal at, that price is way below cost and dealer incentives.
    Based on (2) other dealerships pricing, I would have thought so as well. However, Volvo of Fort Washington, PA was very aggressive. They actually drove the XC90 to my house for a test drive ( I asked).

Good Luck...
  • krl69krl69 Member Posts: 5
    I think I just negotiated a tremendous deal...
    2005 Volvo XC90 2.5 with premium, versitility, and climate packages.

MSRP 42030

39 months/ 45K miles
    $650 drive off which includes 1st. month, registration, title, tag, tax
    with 38 additional payments of $465 which includes all taxes and fees.

I picked up the car. absolute pleasure to deal with.

Margate Volvo internet sales manager
  • chintchint Member Posts: 30
    I am looking forward to buy a 2005 XC90 V8 Silver with no options.
    A dealer in Atlanta quoted me the following drive out price( Including TTL) for a 2005 model 43865(MSRP 46600).

Is this a good price.

:)
  • born2bmeborn2bme Member Posts: 2
    What date did the contract have? ie. was it for the month of July or August? Did you qualify for the Loyalty bonus?
  • born2bmeborn2bme Member Posts: 2
    I recently got a great quote from the Internet and Fleet Director over at Maroone Volvo in Delray Beach, FL on a 2006 V8 XC90 for $41991. The list of this vehicle is $46535.
    The price he quoted was plus this dealer prep charge and sales tax. I got a little upset at this extra charge, but I think even paying it, I'm still getting close to $4000 off on a brand new 2006.
    Any comments would be appreciated. :)
  • mulliganmattmulliganmatt Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell me if your deal included a trade in ?

If so, did you have equity that rolled into the deal ?

I was at the Margate store last Friday and was not treated a fair. (to say the least)
  • dcsleungdcsleung Member Posts: 2
    Hi! Do you mind telling who you dealt with at Volvo of Fort Washington? Email address?
    I'm looking for a similar lease deal. Thanks!!
    Hello:

Unfortunately I think there are rules preventing me from giving such information. I do not know if the deal I received was because it was a) The end of the month or b) Them just trying to remove certain parts of their inventory (ie V-8 Models). Suffice to say, Fort Washington was much more aggressive than Stillman and Keytone - and I am talking thousands of dollars difference.

So, I would go to the dealership and arm myself with all facts, ie invoice price, rebates, owner loyalty, etc...and then start $1,000-$2,000 below that number. I think you will get yourself a very good deal from the most aggressive dealership in our area.

Good Luck...
  • c130c130 Member Posts: 16
    What rules would that be? Sounds like another ridiculous lawyer speaking!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,149
    No, it's the Forums rule - can't post the names/contact info of individual salespeople. Dealership, city & state only.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• dcsleungdcsleung Member Posts: 2
    Thanks! Sorry I wasn't aware of the forum rules! :confuse:
  • gbalkogbalko Member Posts: 7
    Now that the 06's are out. I was curious what kind of deals people are seeing on the 05's compare to invoice or msrp?
  • krl69krl69 Member Posts: 5
    My deal was a July contract, did not involve a trade-in and did not qualify for loyalty bonus.
  • ditcher73ditcher73 Member Posts: 2
    Just got dealer to commit to lease on V8 with Touring: 39 mo. at $519/mo., 0 down, 12k/yr, all up front costs including 1st mo. payment $1340. Good deal? Please let me know your thoughts.
  • gbalkogbalko Member Posts: 7
    Just some follow up. I got a few quotes online from other dealers in my state (Colorado) and then negotiated with my local dealer. I got a V8 with everything except DVD and Navigation for $45,900. MSRP was $51,650 and invoice $47,759. I also got then to throw in rubber mats, cargo mat, and clear hood protector in the deal. :)
  • brian500brian500 Member Posts: 10
    that seems like a great deal... what dealer was that? State? I am in San Francisco
    Thanks
  • ditcher73ditcher73 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry-Florida
    I hope I did not get caught up in the Ebay thrill but I just won a bid for 2004 XC90 T6 for $29,200. I would be interested in your thoughts on my decision. I know it is after the fact ( I assume I could back out with severe penalties but it seemed like a good deal to me. ) Timely thoughts would be welcomed on this

2004 XC90 (why does sticker in door read 05/03?
    mileage 35,000
    Premium package
    Versatility package
    Climate package
    17" wheels

Kelly blue book says $30,950 for Trade-In-Value

Edmunds TMV says$31,393 Trade In Value

Nada says $33,500 Trade In Value

Vehicle is claimed in excellent top condition with pictures.

Am I right in assuming that if I bought this for $29,200 well below a trade in to a dealer that this is a good deal. Obviously private party and dealer retail is even more than the numbers above.

One more thought. I was looking for a 2.5 thinking is was "better" because I could find it cheaper and maybe better ride? But this deal was for a T6. Am I going to be disappointed with the T6? Is the transmission shift really that different? Would love to hear from some T6 owners.

I have been looking at prices for a while and did not intend to but for a while, but you know how these auctions come up. This was a true auction with no reserve. SO that's what caught my eye.

This who have bought online I would like some advice. Can I take car to local dealer out there? What if I get there and car runs rough or something. What would be my recourse? Any one know?

Thanks in advance!!!!
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    And you saved how much on this sight-unseen distant transaction?????????????
    Dealer retail for 2004 T6 is $35,700 (edmunds TMV). I have been looking but can not find them sold privately. So I guess the savings would be around $6,000.
  • scooterpiescooterpie Member Posts: 1
    Appreciate input here please.

Delear in NC quoting me the following for a XC90 2.5T AWD in Silver Mettalic w/Graphite Leather

Purchase Price: $37,950 MSRP $43,655
    Packages: AWD/Versatility/Premium/Wood Steering

Good deal or should I try to work them down further?
  • scooter_piescooter_pie Member Posts: 5
    New 2006 XC90 AWD Blue Mettalic
    AWD/Premium/Versatility/Climate
    MSRP 44,355
    Sale $38,500

Baby is due in the next few days and this would be great if I know what others think...
  • bluetranebluetrane Member Posts: 67
    Are you sure that's a 2006? Your price is below invoice, and the main way to get that is the $2500ish discount on the 05s. For an 06 this price is astounding, for an 05, still really very good. I would take it if it were me.
    Yes this is an 06...I really appreciate the message. This is not a V8 and does not have the convenience or wood steering wheel or xenon headlamps. Dealer told me that they can add the reverse sensing for $619 to any XC90...

So 38,500 for the 06 with Premium/Vers/Climate and AWD i thought was good as well...

Note: Dealer told me that there is $750 August loyalty (which I qualify) and a $1500 incentive on the 06 90's...
  • kevinjkevinj Member Posts: 1
    Sounds like a great deal Scooter Pie. Would you put out hte dealer's name so I could check with them too? I'm looking for a XC90 right now and live at NC. Many thanks in advance.
  • condolawyercondolawyer Member Posts: 5
    Where can I get the form? I live in FL and when I biught my 2.5 xc90 in late July and asked the Volvo village finance guy about it, he blinked like an owl.any help? I'll share if you help, thanks, Tank :surprise:
  • dano1193dano1193 Member Posts: 5
    I recently purchased a 04 XC 90 T6

Premium Package
    Climate Control
    Versatility package
    Rear park assist
    premium wheels
    11K miles
    Certified Pre-owned

I paid $38...So I think you got a pretty good deal. The only problem I would see is that you have very few miles left under the warrenty so if something were to go wrong...It may cost you a few $$$$.

As for the T6. I enjoy the extra power that the T6 provides over the 2.5. I have had mine for about three months now and don't have any problems with the gear shifting on the T6.

I can't help you with any advice on purchasing a car online. I can tell you, however, that the warrenty and remaining maintenance coverage (included on the 04 models) is accepted at any Volvo dealership in the US.

Hope this helps a little...
    Volvo of the Triad in Winston Salem NC
  • monomoy1monomoy1 Member Posts: 3
    looking to buy a XC90 V8 and trying to decide if it's worth taking an 05 with the factory incentive (about $3000 to get rid of 05's) or take the 06. At teh end of 3 years if I were to trade them in which would work out better (in other words would the 06 be worth 3k more and 05)?

thanks
  • whodeywhodey Member Posts: 19
    He may not know anything about the AAA rebate as only select AAA affiliates are participating. My AAA in Ohio is not. I don't know if Florida is...you can call Volvo's customer service line and they should be able to tell you if your AAA is participating.

Good luck...
  • c130c130 Member Posts: 16
    I had the same question and went with a 2006. I gave $500 over invoice for a 2006, but did order it because the only dealership that had what I wanted was in Kansas and I live in Texas. I personally think the 06 will be worth $3,000 more when you trade it in though. I would have bought the 2005 at the right price but the dealership in Kansas City was arrogant and would not negotiate below $500 over invoice which is what I gave for the 2006, so it made it a pretty easy decision to go with the 2006 model. The good new is the Kansas City dealership that was so rude still has the same two identical V8's that I offered them a thousand below invoice for over two months ago. I am still waiting on the 06 model and the delivery date keeps getting pushed back, but the dealership is loaning me a 2005 V8 for free until mine comes in, so I can't complain.
  • monomoy1monomoy1 Member Posts: 3
    does anyone know what residual (for 36 month, 15k miles) and money factor Volvo leasing is offering for XC90's (V8) right now? If the residuals are high and MF good then i'd pursue leasing. I just looked at BMW X5 and they have pretty agressive leasing deals (61% residual).
  • alex15alex15 Member Posts: 11
    My dealer in NJ offered me 2005 V8 with all the packages + DVD + Navigation for 53K tax included. Is it a good price? I am a woman and I don't know much about prices. Thanks for any advice
  • auattyauatty Member Posts: 3
    I think you can do better. I had a local (AL) dealer at $44750 for an 05 V8 with EVERYTHING (DVD, metallic pait, etc) except NAV. That was basically $3000 below invoice. Look up the invoice price on Edmunds, subtract $3000, and you have a good price. You can then add in the tax and title for wherever you are (they are what they are) and you should have you out the door price. Resist "doc fees" extended warranties, and any other add ons.

Hard to tell your exact out the door numbers because I don't know your local's tax rate and title fees, but based on my quick look at edmond's pricing, $46,000 pre tax and title is a very good deal. I wouldn't pay any more than $47,000 pre tax and title.
  • brooklynxc90brooklynxc90 Member Posts: 1
    That's a great price. I shopped the NY metropolitan area and paid $47,350 for the same MSRP - I probably could have paid less if I waited 6-8 wks for the slow boat from Sweden, but we wanted it now.

Love the truck.

Gotta figure out something for the Ipod!
  • pshadypshady Member Posts: 2
    I have a quote from a dealer for about $36500 which translates after tax (CA of 8.25%), license, and doc fees to $39800 out the door.

This is a 2005 XC90 2.5 FWD with:
    - Versatility Package
    - Premium Package
    - Park Assist
    - Climate Package

Is this a good deal or not?
  • alex15alex15 Member Posts: 11
    Thanks, auatty. The XC90 lease program doesn't look that good either. I am going with BMW or Cayenne.
  • atfryaratfryar Member Posts: 30
    The other day I was quoted the following lease:

2006 XC90 2.5t AWD w/Climate & Premium
    36 months/ 12K miles
    $475/month (includes MA tax) ~1,600 down (none towards cap cost, basically this was first months payment, bank fees, whatever...)

Anyways, I never asked what the actual cap cost was that they were basing this payment off of. It sounds like a good deal... MSRP was 41,780. Any thoughts? I'm pretty anxious to get this done however I'd like to sell my car first as opposed to trading it in $3,000 upside-down.

Lastly, I was concerned about the lack of HP in the 2.5t but in my brief test drive, I was pretty impressed. Any 2.5 owners dissapointed in the power? Maybe that's for a different forum.

Any input is appreciated.
    Thanks!
  • realtorgrlrealtorgrl Member Posts: 4
    I ordered the XC90 2.5t with Prem, Climate,Nav & DVD for 42,000 in MA so with the bottom line of 44k with tax, title & Reg. NOW.. I am being told that they are discontinuing the XC90 for engine problems after 2006?

Does anyone know about this, I have not recieved the SUV yet and before I do I want to make sure this is really what I want. I hear they have alot of Brake issues at 15k for 250-300 bucks..

I really liked the truck and would hate to not get it when it does come in...I have a 2002 Land Rover, Discovery that I have loved every day...( and for sale of course) :confuse:

Any help please..

Thanks....