Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo XC90 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Gotta thank simbp215 for the tip! Purchased a 2004 ruby red AWD XC 90 with Premium Package, Versatility Package, Climate Package, Wood steering wheel, Back-up warning indicator and Xenon headlight package for 41K even last week using X-plan numbers as a starting point for negotiating. The dealer even gave me a pretty good trade-in on our 2000 Forester. If anyone is looking for a good place to deal in the MD area I would recommend this dealership. It was about an hour and 15 minute drive for us but definitely worth it.

Orb
  • What is a good lease price with 0 down, 36 months term and 12,000 annual miles for:

XC90 T6
    Metallic
    Premium
    Climate
    Wood Wheel

Quoted $600.00 a month inc. tax and aq. fee.
    Up front money is for 1st month, title and transfer.
    Car not in stock and told them to call when a car like it becomes available.

How much extra if Versitility, Xenon and Reverse Warning added to the above?
  • $1200 rebate on all XC90 cars purchased or ordered from Dec 5 thru Dec 15.
  • Where do you find the information on the 1200 dollar rebate on the XC90? I have checked several sights and can't seem to find any specials on the vehicle.
  • The head of internet sales at Red Bank Volvo in Red Bank, New Jersey told me about this promotion.
  • Thanks xraymanrr. I live in Seattle I will check some of the dealerships.
  • mmpmmp Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I'm interested in an XC90 and am eligible for X Plan pricing. Can anyone recommend any Central NJ dealerships that accept the plan?

Thanks in advance!
  • I E-mailed all dealers and told them I was interested in ordering a 2.5T XC90 AWD with metallic paint, premium package, versatility package, & navigation system. I told them I was interested in Ford X-Plan prices or better.

Dealers in Eastern Pa and Delaware were asking for MSRP to $1000 off. Most New Jersey dealers were giving the same price. However, I found several Central Jersey dealers more willing to deal. Smythe Volvo in Summit, NJ asked for $1900 off MSRP. South Shore Volvo, Marmoa, NJ asked for $2000 off MSRP. Red Bank Volvo, Red Bank, NJ gave me a quote lower than Ford X-Plan prices at $2500 off MSRP. I ordered my car this week at Garden State Volvo, Manasquan, NJ and they gave me a lot more off. They even thru in a climate package to close the deal. After I ordered my car, Red Bank Volvo came back with a quote of $3700 off MSPR(they claim there is a $1200 Volvo rebate included in this price). I told them I already ordereded a car at a lower price. I will let everyone know what I paid when it arrives in approximately 7 weeks.

If this post is beneficial to anyone, please post your deal. I would like to know that I was helpful.

mmp: I listed four dealerships above. If you contact them negotiate for prices below Ford X-Plan prices. Good luck. Let us know how you make out.
  • It sounds like the East Coast has the deals and the rebate right now. Anyone know if Washington State dealerships have the rebate or are giving any deals off the Msrp? I have checked with a couple dealerships in the Seattle area and they were not aware of any rebates nor are they dealing.
  • I contacted Volvo national head quarters and they told me there is no national rebate on the XC90. They told me there could be a regional rebate that they do not know about. Red Bank Volvo, Red Bank, New Jersey E-mailed me that they were giving a $1200 rebate from Dec 5 thru Dec 15 in addition to their extremely low prices(see previous posts). Since other dealers that I contacted in the area do not know about this rebate, I suppose Red Bank Volvo must be trying to move cars this time of the year because of a holiday slow down in sales. It sounds like a good time to buy a car in Central, New Jersey. I live in the suburbs of Phila and I drove a little more than an hour into New Jersey to get an incredible deal.
  • Appreciate the heads up on Central Jersey dealerships! I'm in Delaware and no one nearby was willing to deal. In fact I have X-Plan through my employer and one nearby dealer started by saying they weren't offering X-Plan prices for the XC90 at all! I worked with Red Bank Volvo and Garden State Volvo, initially via email and eventually over the phone. Here's the breakdown of the negotiating for a 2004 XC90 AWD, Versatility, Climate, Premium, Rear Parking Assist. MSRP (inc. destination) $43000, X-Plan list $40680, Invoice $39893
    1)Called Red Bank, asked about their 1200 rebate off of X-Plan, they offered $39640 right off the bat. I told them to look at the X-Plan sheet and call me back, b/c the offer was for $1040 below X-Plan, not $1200.
    2)Called Garden State, asked for better than 1200 off X-Plan, they offered $40495. I referenced Red bank Quote and they said they'd call back.
    3)Garden State returned with a $39495 offer. I said I'd get back to them.
    4)My local Delaware guy where I did the test drive called up, I told his there were some loonies in Central NJ selling at invoice, he said Mazel Tov and good luck cause there's no way he's gonna match that! ;-)
    4)Red Bank called back with a $39390 offer, but after talking through the extra fees (Doc prep and out of state temp tag), the difference was only $75.
    5)Called back Garden State, they threw in floor mats and I did the deal. I probably could have saved an extra 50-100 in a final grind, but I'm not a negotiator by nature and already was feeling 'guilty' at this point about the whole thing (I know, no reason the feel guilty...)

So in the end I scored a new XC90 for below invoice (3500 below MSRP), and I can pick it up anytime (probably next week, they're about 100 miles away from me.) I'm really psyched to surprise my wife with this one! (It'll be her car, she has no idea)

Anyway, thanks for the tip, it saved me over three grand!!!
    Alex
  • hoyasaxa99

Congradulations on your new car purchase. I negotiated a deal very similar to your deal at Garden State Volvo, Manasquan, NJ. The XC90 that I ordered had a higher MSRP of $44,595. In return, I also got a little more off on the car( $4068 off MSRP ).
  • Has anyone been able to use the X-Plan prices as a negotiating point even though they themselves are not eligible to participate in the X-Plan?
  • Has anyone been able to use the X-Plan prices as a negotiating point even though they themselves are not eligible to participate in the X-Plan?

???????

How would one do that, exactly?
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,452
    ever play poker? :) i don't think it would really work though. it's pretty easy to find out.
  • mdandgmdandg Posts: 11
    It is my plan to negotiate using XPlan pricing even though I cannot participate. I will let you know how it works.

Also if I remember correctly there was a posting not long ago where this was attempted and the buyer got $1500 off the MSRP. I recall it was in PA that this happened.
  • To actually make a deal with Ford X-Plan prices you need a pin number. The dealers use this pin number to get a rebate from Ford to maintain their profit margin. Without this pin number you will not be able to close the deal.
  • ever play poker? :) i don't think it would really work though. it's pretty easy to find out.

My sentiments exactly! I'm an avid poker player and it would be akin to playing 3-card bluff with all your cards showing. Or like Russian roulette with all six chambers loaded. :›
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,452
    if this were another card game, we'd have to say 'go fish'. :)
  • I kind of did what you are suggesting. After hearing about the great deal you could get with an X-plan, I called Ford to see if I could enroll my company (we are an indirect supplier). They said no we weren't large enough. I then did a google search on X-plan and found a 4X4 discussion group that was talking a lot about it. One of the debates was if "friends" were eligible for x-plan. A Ford employee said that they were and also said he was willing to sponsor anyone that e-mailed him. I took him up on his offer and he got me a pin number. I took that pin number to Village Volvo in MD and we started our negotiations from there.

Actually I would have been quite happy with X-plan pricing but they couldn't find the car I wanted. Since the ruby red AWD car they found had a couple other bells and whistles on it, they threw those in for free. Now I think the wood steering wheel, reverse warning and Xenon headlights are some of the best things on the car. For an even 41K I got an '04 ruby red, AWD, 2.5, Xenon lights, Climate package, Premium sound, third row seating, wood steering wheel, reverse warning, floor mats and Volvo roadside assistance.

I was pretty happy with the deal.

Orb