Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo XC90 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• If you have not made the purchase yet, do your self a favor and check out transmissions. The 03/04 T6's have been a problem (know about it first hand) Can not offer any info for the 2.5, but highly reccomend looking into there history.
    Good luck!
  • 2008 XC90 V8 Sports (navi/tech/blis/climate/convi/dvd)
    38500 for 3 years lease with residual value 17K

I am trading my 2007 XC90 3.2 AWD (climate/prem/conv) with 21K miles , the trade in value is 19K

Is this good deal?

Thanks
    Nandhan
  • jim314jim314 Posts: 491
    Have you found the 2007 XC90 3.2 AWD deficient in some significant regard, or is it that you just want a new vehicle?
  • It has few more options/new and thought the price is good.
  • zamozamo Posts: 120
    Your are being killed by the trade-in value
  • selooseloo Posts: 606
    A FWD car like that goes from anywhere between $14.5-19K at the auction.

The AWD goes from $19.5 - 20.8K. They are offering just below wholesale.
  • shymanshyman Posts: 6
    don't see this as better than some of the other prices
    was at the deal last week and was offer a 09 cx90 AWD with prem, winter and convenience for 38K ...sticker was 47K
  • Hi,

I negotiated the following lease deal for an '09 XC90 3.2 AWD with the Premium package, Climate package, Versatility package, and Bluetooth -- would appreciate some feedback and opinions (especially from Car Man)!!

Term: 39 mo.
    Miles per year: 12,000
    MSRP: $47,300
    Selling Price: $34,672
    Residual: 36%
    Amount due at start: $3,000 (Taxes, tags, first payment, and some capitol cost reduction)
    Amount per month: $545

What do you all think -- Good deal? Previously, the lowest I could find this same car was for $3,000 up front and at least $635/mo.

Thanks!
  • Not sure if this helps you put your deal in perspective. My friend just leased the 2008 XC90 3.2 Special Edition AWD (6cyl) for $440.00 a month (tax included) with $1,000 at signing. This deal expired on 12/31 because it was through US bank.
  • wow, that is a great deal, especially since there is virtually no difference between the 08 and 09. are 08 models still available for lease?
  • I wish, i would have got one too. I ended up with a Pilot at $449 a month. I did talk to the Fleet Manager and he felt that Volvo financing had to do something to compete. Volvo may roll out better terms soon...Good luck.
  • abooneaboone Posts: 1
    Where did you find this dealership may I ask? I seem to have several dealerships around here stuck at higher numbers..

thx
    AB
  • We're looking at purchasing a 2009 XC90 - got offered the following deal:

2009 XC90 3.2 FWD - shadow blue metallic
    Premium Package
    Rear Entertainment
    Heated Seats

$36,800 +TT&L (comes to $3,200 - in Texas)
    $2,600 on trade-in for 2000 Ford Explorer

Walk-away price including trade in of $37,406.

Is this a good deal? Trade in is exactly blue book trade in value.
  • Im considering purchasing a 2008 Volvo XC70 and trying to find out whether 0.9% APR is combinable with $2500 customer loyalty rebate and other customer promotions?
    Do you guys have any knowledge of terms and conditions of the 0.9% APR financing for 72 month by Volvo?

Also what are the requirements to be qualified for the loyalty cashback. Does the car title have to be in my name or can I just be the primary driver?
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    First of all, loyalty is only $1000 if you buy an XC90.
    Second, it can be used w/ the 0.9% APR.
    You MUST be the owner of a Volvo to qualify.
  • max, it looks like the xc90 loyalty amount is $2k and xc70 is $2.5k now. Also, the 'stimulus' is $1553 as of today. Going to check on a '09 XC90FWD R pkg tomorrow. This is spur of the moment and not even sure what other pkgs are on it. Dealer inventory info is sketchy. Will be trading our '07 XC70 with ~26k miles...might get beat up a bit on the trade(actually got a good deal on the 70...it was the last '07 at our dealer) but DW is ready to ride up high again! (Traded an RX330 on the wagon). Just wish the XC90 wasn't so heavy and possibly 'underpowered' compared to the RX and our current wagon. Doesn't look like the XC60 is any better. What to do...what to do????? Gotta help the economy!!!
    XC90 loyalty is $2k only if you are coming out of an XC90.
    The "Stimulus" money is the same as it was before. They added money to the market allowance and took money out of the Alt Lease assistance.
    so, the total amount remains the same.
    XC60 is anything but underpowered.
    281hp T6 engine it will outrun the XC90 V8!
  • Well, dang on the lower loyalty incentive on the XC90...here's the link I saw:
    http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2009/01/volvo-loyalty-cash-good-for-any-year.- html
    Shoulda gone to the horse's mouth, max.!!!
    The 0.9% interest on the XC90 is pretty interesting, as well.
    I didn't mean to suggest the 60 is underpowered, just darn heavy for what it is(by about 10%, IMO). I have trouble breaking the two-ton barrier for a personal vehicle.
    Also, having trouble getting past all the RX350 stories I'm hearing of a solid $10K off sticker. I'm figuring the Volvo free maintenance is worth about a grand so the Volvo dealer will have to go a bit to get us in the XC90R tomorrow! Stay tuned!!!
    It is very very difficult to build a safe car without it some weight penalty.
    Too many SUV's are just empty beer cans on wheels. The XC60 is arguably the safest vehicle Volvo has ever built.
    As for the Lexus, remember that you are buying an obsolete product. A new RX is imminent.
  • I am looking for the best deal on a lease in Southern California on a XC90 V6 or V8.

I current own 2 Volvo's; V70 2.5T and V50 T5. The V70 is coming up on the end of it's lease in May 09.

I want a 3 year deal with 12,000 miles a year.

Feedback would be appreciated.
  • MAX--HELP!! Have I gone crazy...I can't find any sort of 'official' mention of the 0.9% APR on the xc 90! Searching and searching and found one link that stated the .9 was good ONLY on the '08. I'm ready to head to the dealer for my stimulus and loyalty bucks but I could sure us that 0.9!!!! Thanks!!!!
    0.9% IS only good on the 08's.
  • Double dang....guess there really is NO free lunch! May I recap:
    '08= $1K loyalty, NO stimulus, 0.9 APR, limited selection and ??? discount...
    '09= $1K loyalty, $1553 stimulus, ??? % APR, larger but somewhat limited selection and ??? discount.

I was hoping this would be easier!!!
    You got it!
  • To beat this horse a little more...NO free maintenance on the '08,,,worth <a grand or so on the '09. I had never heard of the R pkg as it pertains to the XC90 until I began this search. Any REAL significance to this package? I don't mind looking a little different in a sea of XC 90s. I would imagine the suspension might even feel better but
    AFAIK, the other package goodies are cosmetic...not that there's anything wrong with that :D
  • s0l0s0l0 Posts: 39
    I think here's the bottom line for the 3.2L version with AWD and third row

new 09 = $40k
    new 08 = $35k
    used 08 = $30k

Personally I'd go with the used 08. If you're planning on keeping the car for 4-5 years there will be very little difference in the resale value at that point and you'd save $10k over a new one.
  • s0l0s0l0 Posts: 39
    The first 7,500 mile service should be free on the 2008 models.
  • Indeedy, didn't mean to forget the 1st service at no charge even on the '08. It's going to be 30 degrees cooler tomorrow compared to today so no tennis or cycling...might be time to shop for a new vehicle! May be tough getting a fair amount for my '07 XC70 in trade. What I would like to find is a highly equipped FWD 5 seater...don't think such a thing exists. The planets are not aligning on this one, I'm afraid...we'll see.
  • I want to buy a 2009 Volvo XC90 with Premium package, Versatility package, BLIS, and rear entertainment system. MSRP is $43,565 and Invoice is $41,000. I'm going to fax offers to various Volvo dealerships around the country and will gladly travel anywhere to pick up the lowest price. I'm paying cash with no trade-in. I'm not a Volvo owner and won't use Costco. I'm not in any rush to make a deal.

I know that even at Invoice price, the dealer is making a good profit. I should be able to buy below Invoice. For this type of transaction, the dealer shouldn't keep more than $300 profit. Buyers are few and dealers are hurting big time.

Leaving TT&L out, what would be a good low price that I should offer to pay for the car? Is $36,000 cash a possibility or am I going to have to go higher? What should I offer? All help greatly appreciated.
  • max and others,

Just an update on our personal quest. Almost pulled the trigger on the '08 fully loaded V8, new but repaired(had some body damage in transit) that was the same Willow Green as our XC70. Couldn't come to terms since the $5k dealer cash disappeared if we chose the 0.9 financing. To top things off, my darling REALLY wants integrated Bluetooth, nav and sat radio--instead of all the aftermarket doo-dads. To make a short story longer, we are on the list for the XC60 tour to arrive in Texas in week or so. The 60 is likely to be a little small bicycle-transport-wise but we'll see if we can make do. The 'factory' offer is free lifetime Sirius and 36 mo. maintenance--we'll see if the economy 'stimulates' any additional incentives. Stay tuned!