Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo XC90 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• andy1993andy1993 Posts: 25
    Hey Bob

Can you give me the name to the dealership from where you bought your volvo.
    My email is vipamin@yahoo.com

thanks
  • mac2000mac2000 Posts: 1
    Does the $4,000 marketing support to the dealer listed on the XC90 incentive page only apply to 5 passenger vehicles?
  • radoncgsradoncgs Posts: 58
    Hi, does the $4000 also apply to the 3.2 R-Design? Any thought if the Incentives will go higher or low for June? Thanks.
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    no, the $4000 doesn't apply to ANY of the 7 passenger XC90's.
    I seriously doubt that the incentives will improve.
    Volvo doesn't have that many XC90's hanging out there.
  • Went to the dealer today and was told that I would not find an XC90 for under $34k. Is this legitimate? It seems like many others have paid lower for the standard 3.2 FWD. Please post back if you have specifics of a lower purchase price. Thanks!
  • emmabemmab Posts: 43
    $27900.00 for our 08 demo, with about 5000 miles on it.
  • pjmnpjmn Posts: 3
    $33,880 for 2009 XC90 AWD with metallic paint, premium, versilitility and climate. Though I went through the Overseas Delivery program.
  • sam191sam191 Posts: 1
    My family has narrowed down the field to these vehicles. Pros and cons to all, but price is a major factor. CX-9 is best by 3-4K. I really like the XC90 and would love to purchase. What can we realistically expect for a new 2009 XC90, I6, AWD, 3rd row, moonroof vs a 2008 (same package) w/8-15K mi and are the finance rates that much different (from volvo)?

We could probably get the CX-9 (touring) down to 28-29K and the Pilot EX-L down to 30K here in Mass.

Any advice would be useful. Also, should we buy before End of month or wait til June? BTW, we have an XC70 so would get loyalty bonus (is tha given on used as well).

Thanks.
  • squishles10squishles10 Posts: 45
    Long story short, we've been trying to buy a Murano LE for 2 months now but they just aren't available. Have decided that the XC90 is a viable alternative, as the XC60 is trending more expensive than the XC90 in Dallas. We would like the price paid to stay around $36,000, which is what we were going to pay for the Murano, with navigation, all-wheel drive, and a dual moonroof. We don't need a V8 but will take it if required for a package. I believe a fully loaded base model will be sufficient (or R- Design, what exactly is this?), can someone verify that I am correct? What is the price we are looking at paying for this guy? The MSRP I calculated is $46,970. I don't exactly follow the invoice of Volvos, my apologies, and thanks for your assistance. Also, am I correct that Bluetooth isn't standard? Is the smartkey not even an option? (Sorry this was so long!)
    I dont know my bluetooth stuff well, but we have it (there's a device stuck on the panel). It works very well, except it picks up cell phones if you are just standing by the vehicle.
    We really are happy with this purchase.
  • andy1993andy1993 Posts: 25
    tell me if $31000 with metallic paint, premiun and versatility package(msrp 42675). is good price with free 6yr/100,000 miles warranty and i pay 600 dollars to transport from fl to alabama
  • bethy135bethy135 Posts: 1
    Hi, I have spent months researching and trying to identify the right midsized SUV for our family. I learned sooooo much on this forum about my long time favorite model - the XC90. Despite all the rather worrisome reviews and comments on the internet about reliabilty we still decided to go for it yesterday:

07 V8 with NAV
    CPO
    30k miles, one local owner who bought and maintained at same large local dealership.

Premium
    Versatality
    Climate
    Convenience
    Touring (I think this was a seperate package in 07? Wood Steering wheel and gear shift, chrome 18 inch wheels, nicer sound system)
    Cargo Mat, new brakes and rotors

Titanium gray, black interior

$29,500.

It's pretty much my dream car with the exception of the slightly higher mileage than I was aiming for. But I only drive about 10k-12k miles per year. We added on the 2 extra years to the CPO warranty to mitigate the lower reliabilty rating. Plus it had a later inservice date. Purchase experience was outstanding, low key and professional. We were open to the 3.2 engine going in but really thought it was too underpowered for the type of driving we do: no towing but lots of steep hills, mountains and freeway merging. Plus I read that the AWD is tweaked to better accomodate the V8 and thus performs better in snow.

Thank you for all the insight posted here and Cheers!
  • My husband is in the military overseas right now and has asked me to start looking for a nice used car. So today I found a volvo xc90 (fully loaded) 2003. I was told it was the larger v-6 engine. (whatever that may be?) It is a private seller asking 13,900. It has 83,000 miles on it. I have been reading many mixed reviews about this car and it has done nothing but confuse me. So does anyone think this is a good deal? I have also heard the gas mileage isn't as good as they say it is, is that true?
  • zamozamo Posts: 120
    1. The T6 you are referring to has MANY issues with the transmission. If you are looking for an 03 ~ 06, it is best to get a 2.5 T instead (5 cylinder). It is a much more reliable.
    2. The Price for an 03 is way up high. You can get 06s for under 20K
    3. Gas Mileage is bad with ANY XC90, even with the 2.5T. Expect less than 18 MPG on city.
    4. Get a Certified Pre-Owned XC90 instead.
  • lucamaylucamay Posts: 3
    We are thinking about buying the following Volvo XC90:
    2008 V8 Demo
    8000 miles
    7 seats
    no extras

Not sure what the sticker price was but they are offering it right now for 39000. I read that some of you are talking about getting a demo for 30000 or less. Is that for the V8 or for the 3.2? What do you think should this one sell for?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
  • flmom3flmom3 Posts: 3
    We are have decided on this car and will be negotiating with the dealer this week to take advantage of the June "safe and secure" promotion. Current MSRP is 39,850 and we are considering having the dealer add bluetooth and the entertainment system.

This would be our first volvo, so no loyalty $$.

Any advice on what a fair market value price for this car would be?

thanks
    Please help! Have talked to 3 dealers this week and they are all giving me MSRP on a XC90 AWD. What is going on?
    Are they giving you MSRP PLUS the adds you want or MSRP including the adds you want?
    If 3 dealers are giving you the same price then A) that is the going rate in your area or B) they aren't convinced you are a serious buyer.
    More than likely you are being quoted MSRP including your adds. there is a $500 incentive for purchase.Thats it. The ent system runs about $2000 and Bluetooth is about $500. There is @ $2200 markup plus the $500, so $2700 total. you want $2500 worth of stuff. $300 over plus your stuff gets you back to MSRP.
    So, we talked to the dealer again and are offered the following:
    2008 Volvo XC90
    V8 Demo
    8000 miles
    no extra packages

$37000
    100.000 miles warranty

Does this sound like a fair deal or should we stay away?
    Please help!
  • I'm not too sure about the V8 since I didn't shop for one. . . but yesterday we bought a new 2009 XC90 3.2 with 7 passenger, premium and versatility packs for 34,940. If you buy a new 2009 in June there are a a couple of incentives as far as warrantee goes, as well. The dealer is in the Atlanta area. There were no BS dealer fees and we got a really good (compared to several other dealers) offer for our trade in. Unless you've got the need for a V8 going with the 3.2 will save big money.
  • jimbob1jimbob1 Posts: 70
    So, we talked to the dealer again and are offered the following:
    2008 Volvo XC90
    V8 Demo
    8000 miles
    no extra packages

$37000
    100.000 miles warranty

Does this sound like a fair deal or should we stay away?
    Please help!

Without knowing the exact equipment on the car, it's very much a guess, but that price seems about $4000 - $5000 high.

You should get a list of exactly what is on the vehicle, and run it through Edmunds and other used car listings to get a sense of the price point.
    Keep trying to reply here, lets see if this shows up.
    We paid $27k for an 08 demo with 5000 miles (not a V8).
    So it sounds high to me.
    Thanks for all your responses!
    We really want a V8 so we will either get this one or wait a while for a 2009.

Isn't there about a $10.000 difference between a 3.2 and a V8 though (that's what I saw for the 2009)? Then $27 vs $37 shouldn't be too far off depending on the extras on your car?

I checked edmunds and it looks like the personal sales price on this one should be $37500 and a dealer sales price should be $40000.

Also, I talked to the dealer again and he said that the car has all the extras except for the convenience package. Now, I don't know if they offered the 2008 with the technology package but I do not recall that this car has that package. I know it has:
    -climate package
    -premium package and
    -versatility package (standard on v8)

My husband thinks to remember that the original MSRP was somewhere at $51000 but I do not know.

Still $4000-5000 too high?

Thank you all so much!
  • bwubwu Posts: 6
    $37K seems ok for v8 and only bargan chip would be the 8K to see if dealer can go down even more. We bought 08 v3.2 (MSRP $45,470) for $33.5K in CA two months ago with only 51 miles...
    Thanks for your reply. I think the issue was they don't have the car in stock and have to buy it from another dealer. I am now working with the internet sales rep at a dealer in a close by state who is giving me great service and invoice minus the %500 incentive pricing - basically 3 -4 K less.
  • darsondarson Posts: 1
    We have a '07 (bought Sept '06) XC90 3.2 base model (absolutely no extras, cloth seats, no 3rd row) with 40k miles.

We need a 7 seater now so would like to get a '10 (when available - will probably buy in September) with leather and the third row.

Now am I correct in thinking that now the XC90 only comes with leather and 3rd row as standard?
    If I trade in my '07, I expect to get $18-$20k so I have to add $15k to get the new one for $35 total. Is this a fair assessment?
    Prob $18k tops on your current XC90. More like $17k.

$35k on the 10 is unlikely unless there is a pretty good incentive. That isn't likely to start off the model year. Not with 09's still out there.
  • prh1976prh1976 Posts: 2
    I'm looking at a 2009 XC90 3.2 WD R-Design 7 Passenger with Rear Seat DVD system, climate package, and Park Assist. The car is a demo unit with 5,300 miles and is coming with Vovlo's safe and sound maitenance package, etc. The dealer is asking $37,995. I haven't started to negotiate, but what would be an acceptable price? I'm not in need of the car for a few months, but the R-Designs seem to have somewhat limited availability. Would I do better waiting until October?

Thanks
  • cv2006cv2006 Posts: 23
    Hi all!

We are looking at a 2009 XC 90 R, FWD with 3.2 L engine and Technology package.

We've been given an out the door price (tax and fees included) of $37600; that price includes the loyalty incentive, $1500 off. What do you all think? Good price?

TIA