Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo XC90 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Almost 12,000 below invoice? unbelivable, which dealer are you buying from?
  • In Philly area. It's the last brand new V8 they have.
  • Just curious, which particular dealership did you buy from? Because I saw this same exact vehicle at Red bank Volvo in NJ (about 90 min from Philly) 2 wks ago, but did not pull the trigger. It also was their last V8 from the 08 model yr. Maybe this is just a coincidence. At the time, they were selling for $37700.
  • It's a philly local dealer, different one.
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    Price seems rather unbelieveable for a purchase.
  • We must be completely crazy for considering updating our 03 XC90 (Turd) for a 09. We were looking at the Buick Enclave but since Buick might be just a memory next year, the Volvo is probably a better choice. Hopefully Volvo has resolved the many mechanical issues that plagued us with the 03. Volvo currently has many incentives and I just received another one for complimentary scheduled maintenance. We are thinking about leasing for the first time, instead of purchasing, once again due to the uncertainty of the auto industry. Lease vs purchase?
    Any advice out there?
  • I forgot to ask if the gas milage has a significant differnce between the 6 cyl and the 8 cyl?
  • Only 1 mile difference per gallon between 6 cyl and V8 for the 2008 models.
  • Hey Guys!
    I'm looking for a car to replace my 2000 Honda Odyssey and came across this Volvo:
    2004 Volvo XC90 2.5T AWD
    78,780 miles
    Black on taupe leather
    Moonroof
    CD Changer
    Heated seats
    $13,977 + TT&L
    Is there any chance I could convince the dealer to go lower or is this as good as it gets? Also, the dealer's site claims its CPO but Volvo's site doesn't have it. Any insight would be appreciated!
  • Wife and I bought a 2008 XC90 Special Edition today (Chicago suburbs) for $34,500. This price includes the loyalty bonus (2000), 750 bonus, Costco bonus (1000)... I thought I got a pretty good deal....
  • If you have not made the purchase yet, do your self a favor and check out transmissions. The 03/04 T6's have been a problem (know about it first hand) Can not offer any info for the 2.5, but highly reccomend looking into there history.
    Good luck!
  • 2008 XC90 V8 Sports (navi/tech/blis/climate/convi/dvd)
    38500 for 3 years lease with residual value 17K

I am trading my 2007 XC90 3.2 AWD (climate/prem/conv) with 21K miles , the trade in value is 19K

Is this good deal?

Thanks
    Nandhan
  • jim314jim314 Posts: 491
    Have you found the 2007 XC90 3.2 AWD deficient in some significant regard, or is it that you just want a new vehicle?
  • It has few more options/new and thought the price is good.
  • zamozamo Posts: 120
    Your are being killed by the trade-in value
  • selooseloo Posts: 606
    A FWD car like that goes from anywhere between $14.5-19K at the auction.

The AWD goes from $19.5 - 20.8K. They are offering just below wholesale.
  • shymanshyman Posts: 6
    don't see this as better than some of the other prices
    was at the deal last week and was offer a 09 cx90 AWD with prem, winter and convenience for 38K ...sticker was 47K
  • Hi,

I negotiated the following lease deal for an '09 XC90 3.2 AWD with the Premium package, Climate package, Versatility package, and Bluetooth -- would appreciate some feedback and opinions (especially from Car Man)!!

Term: 39 mo.
    Miles per year: 12,000
    MSRP: $47,300
    Selling Price: $34,672
    Residual: 36%
    Amount due at start: $3,000 (Taxes, tags, first payment, and some capitol cost reduction)
    Amount per month: $545

What do you all think -- Good deal? Previously, the lowest I could find this same car was for $3,000 up front and at least $635/mo.

Thanks!
  • Not sure if this helps you put your deal in perspective. My friend just leased the 2008 XC90 3.2 Special Edition AWD (6cyl) for $440.00 a month (tax included) with $1,000 at signing. This deal expired on 12/31 because it was through US bank.
  • wow, that is a great deal, especially since there is virtually no difference between the 08 and 09. are 08 models still available for lease?